• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs - Story Trailer leaks on Xbox360 preview dashboard / Release 05.27.14

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Hm yeah I was pretty into the idea of this game since it was set in Chicago and had all sorts of neat tech things going on in the gameplay but the violence in this trailer has paired with my growing apathy and locked me in as "no thanks." Shame all these games have to make you play as a fucking serial killer.

Looks good enough, graphic wise, to me.
wY209vO.png
That jacket looks pretty sexy. As always it confounds me how he's folding it to get those creases. Oh wait, you can tell now that they're part of the jacket design. Not sure if you could before.

drive cars, kill people and do cool shits

This needs to be the OT title

Hahaha since when did GAF become so jaded and cynical? This thread is unbelievable.

The game looks good. Just because something comes from Ubisoft/EA it doesn't mean we have to shit on it.

If this was a GTA trailer people would be creaming themselves.

Even the complaints about negative hyperbole are negatively hyperbolic

blah, blah. whatever mate. looks great to me. i screencapped interesting shots. the people who are saying it looks like a 360 game needs they're eyes testing, or need to take off their rose-tinted glasses and boot up gta 5 again.

this does look like a 360 game trailer though (which were mostly captured on dev pcs, which this probably was too).

The game doesn't look bad, but the explosions and car damage does.

Megatron

I think May 27 is a great launch day. The game clearly needed work, so hopefully the extra half year has improved the game, and it gets it out of the crowded fall window and past the similarly crowded March. By May 27 we'll all be dying for something new to play with very little to look forward to in the summer.

Now Sony, where's my Driveclub?

Moze

Banned
Graphics look like next gen but also sort of crappy at the same time.

That's what i got from the trailer. The graphics look too good to be PS3/360, but they don't really look good enough to be next gen.

Infamous: Second Son looks miles better.

Tagg9

I'm confused. Why was everyone on the first page of the thread ecstatic about the graphics, yet every single new post says the game looks like shit?

I'm sure everyone in this thread is hoping for the game to turn out great. Why would we want anything else. Thing is graphics has been downgraded significantly since the initial trailers and that makes me think the developers are having to compromise on their initial vision - which makes me doubt the quality of the game. At least in theory.
Hoping to be proved wrong because I love good games, but Ubisoft honestly has a bad track record of overhyping their games.

I'm not so sure some people do want it to turn out. I think there are plenty of folks around here who would love to have their opinions vindicated about as much as they would like for the game to turn out.

I'm not disputing that the graphics look to have been turned down. I guess I'm just not surprised. E3 press conferences are full of total BS; stage demos in particular. That's definitely bad, but taking that initial showing at face value was perhaps a bit naive. I hardly think the game looks awful though.

GlamFM

Banned
blah, blah. whatever mate. looks great to me. the people who are saying it looks like a 360 game needs they're eyes testing, or need to take off their rose-tinted glasses and boot up gta 5 again.

some actual gameplay shots:

I´m really not impressed at all.

Still going to get it because I think it will be a good game.

I´m just really pissed off at UBI for their fake reveals.

hengyu

More GIFs from random parts of the E3 footage for comparison and science. They look completely different from and significantly better than the new footage to me, I'm not sure what some of you people are on about. It still looks solid and is by no means horrendous, but it is nothing like what's shown at E3. Assassin's Creed 4 looked great on PC, but I'm not sure how this one will turn out.

12971642704_d46fabce6b_o.gif

12971264205_f98cdb7550_o.gif

GavinUK86

I'm confused. Why was everyone on the first page of the thread ecstatic about the graphics, yet every single new post says the game looks like shit?

because once someone says something bad about a game everyone likes to jump on the bandwagon and feel a part of something. to be honest, i don't think it looks as good as it can, but it's far, far from how some people are describing it. i think alot of people forget how crappy some xbox 360 / ps3 games looked. it's also cross-platform. it was never going to blow anyone away with it's visuals.

SighFight

hm... vs:
12969743623_93c43a5216_o.gif

Doesn't look to bad when compared, doesn't it?

I Think it looks alright as expected for cross gen (at least for me). But what is a bit annoying is that the lighting of the gun shots goes right through the person who is shot. He just blinks with every shot.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Team Negative took over the thread. Everyone else tends to give up on the discussion at that point. See: every MGS4 thread.

sjay1994

I guess graphics are the most important thing for most people on GAF.

I'm excited for games like watch dogs, witcher and infamous because of gameplay possibilty.

I have low interest in stuff like the order because the gameplay looks run of the mill, despite how good the game looks.

Hammer24

Banned
Wow, this looks bad. Sorry Ubi, my ADHD is not bad enough for me to suddenly forget the trailers. The game will need a convincing demo for me to consider a buy.

Looks like a PS3 game. Is there much difference between this and GTA5? I will wait for it to hit shelves before making a decision, but looks like Infamous SS will be my summer sandbox title.

Cross gen games are ruining it for the new generation and we need to start seeing some proper 'built for this gen' games.

Effect

Ignoring the Wii U delay I have to say the more I see of this game the more excited I get about Infamous Second Son. I didn't expect to get to this point at all to be honest. I was really hyped for Watch_Dogs initially. Then the first delay happen. Now the second delay for the Wii U version. What I'm seeing is another wannabe movie first and fun video game second and perhaps a distant second. With Infamous, at least from the gameplay I see, Sucker Punch wasn't afraid to hide that this is a video game and crazy things are going to happen. Watch_Dogs by comparison is coming off to "real" and I'm wondering if I'm at a point where I don't really want that in an adventure game at the moment.

Maybe I'll feel differently closer to release. However I was "ready" for the game back in Nov/Dec of 2013. I settled for Assassin's Creed 4 and that still annoys me. I should have just gone with GTA5. That feeling is nowhere near as strong now. I went through the same thing with Rayman Legends where I was ready for it during it's original post-launch release date for the Wii U but didn't care at all when it finally came out. I still haven't felt any desire to buy or play it. There is still time between now and the game's release for me to pick up a PS4. Unless pure gameplay comes out I'm likely to side on the side of Infamous in the end even if that game is a few months old by the time I buy it.

SJRB

Gold Member
Are the car windows still smoking when they get broken?

And what it is smoking below? Does he shoot with a 18th century gun or his coat is just full of dust?

I'm not an expert but I believe that is gunpowder residue. You see, when you discharge a firearm burnt and unburnt particles from primer and propellant emit from the weapon.

I believe this effect might be simulated in this game. I am fairly certain there may be other videogames who have used this technique.

cackhyena

because once someone says something bad about a game everyone likes to jump on the bandwagon and feel a part of something.

Uh, no. Maybe open your eyes and look at the gifs on this very page showing what the game debuted looking like. It's a major downgrade. The game looks noticeably worse.

MormaPope

Banned
because once someone says something bad about a game everyone likes to jump on the bandwagon and feel a part of something.

You know what your post sounds like?

"Me and everyone else whose positive are genuine and right, people criticizing and observing are doing it just cause"

Hm yeah I was pretty into the idea of this game since it was set in Chicago and had all sorts of neat tech things going on in the gameplay but the violence in this trailer has paired with my growing apathy and locked me in as "no thanks." Shame all these games have to make you play as a fucking serial killer.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to go Clarence Boddicker on people. You could just brutally beat them to sleep with a baton.

Uh, no. Maybe open your eyes and look at the gifs on this very page showing what the game debuted looking like. It's a major downgrade. The game looks noticeably worse.

Exactly, that demo last year looked pretty good and we know the PS4 is capable of achieving this (look at Infamous SS). Question is what happened? I can pretty much guess, with this being a multiplatform game.

Really? I think this is a pretty huge downgrade. First time I saw WatchDogs I was floored. Now it looks like GTA on ps3. Weird.

My sentiments exactly. I'm pretty bummed out, considering i just gave my PC a huge upgrade with Watch Dogs kind of as a benchmark-game in the back of my head. I'll max the game in this trailer out without breaking a sweat...

GavinUK86

i can name a ton of games that looked better when they were revealed. this is nothing new in the games industry. nothing new to see here. move along.

if this was an exclusive for one next (current?) gen platform it would probably look better.

Pop

Ubi gonna Ubi

There's def a downgrade. Doesn't look impressive to me but the gameplay looks fun. Might pick this up, not convinced yet.

hengyu

I guess graphics are the most important thing for most people on GAF.

Fallacy, fallacy.

All else held constant, good graphics add a lot to the gaming experience. Of course, graphics alone without decent gameplay is completely worthless, but in a functional game it complements the other aspects of the game, as do the story, the music, etc.

And what makes it so bad is the fact that the graphics during the E3 reveal were somehow significantly better. Now it really doesn't even look any better than Sleeping Dogs and GTA V on last-gen consoles.

the character models and faces look improved

the facial animation is laking though... also the bloom lighting doesn't look as natural as before

just for comparison, launch trailer for Sleeping Dogs, the most recent not GTA open world crime game.

Watch dogs does have better melee and traversal animations, but I feel like SD had better explosions. cutscene models both look similarly detailed... but yeah nothing about WD trailer screens 'next gen' imo.

So are you still able to walk into any random place and start some sort of mission there, like what they showed at E3? Or was that bollocks and it's just like Assassins Creed style stuff? I've not followed it since the reveal.

Is there any chance the footage is past-gen? I can't imagine why, but that just doesn't look very good. It looks markedly worse than Assassins Creed 4.

Muffdraul

I was hoping Watch Dogs would follow in Killzone SF's footsteps- What they showed in early trailers is more or less what we got when the game came out. I won't go so far as to say this looks "bad" but I was just watching the 15 minute demo last night and I could swear this shows a fairly significant overall downgrade. I would LOVE to hear that they made this trailer purely with PS3/360 footage, and that the PS4 version will look like the demo from last Sept.

Looks good to me. Still getting it day one. I wish it would release the prior friday being that the 26th is a holiday in the u.s.

DJIzana

It's looking like Mario Kart 8 and Watch Dogs will be my games for May. Consideirng both come end of May, the wait for E3 won't be too boring! :D

Pooya

The game used to look very shiny before with reflections everywhere, now it's mostly gone it seems. Also looks like distant objects have no shadows whatsoever

OK, decent trailer but they need to show me a gameplay video, and I want to know about mission variety, until then, no preorder.

Definitely downgraded from last years demo which was also downgraded from the previous demo.

Doesn't look that much of a step up from GTAV TBH. GTAV was a beast though so its nothing to be that ashamed of.

Top Bottom