• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs to have eight player free-roam multiplayer

ahuffman

Banned
Just as long as there is an option to play completely solo it's all good. Personally I don't want people invading my game, but I can certainly see the appeal for others.

Theecliff

Banned
Wow... that's actually totally unexpected and pretty cool. I'm not expecting anything substantial, but it'll be neat just to run round with some friends.

Will this be completely separate to the single player campaign?

jmizzal

sounds cool, I wounder when they will start to show off this multiplayer, maybe in April or late March before the marketing push

beta incoming?
cPxqSoB.jpg

SirCrush

Makes me wonder if this feature will be added later on or maybe it's DLC. This is a helluva selling point and yet even this thread only contributes a few sentences to the idea.

Repetitiveness, in terms of missions and hacking, was one of my biggest concerns when I first heard about the game. I'm glad they did something to lessen it at least.

PetrCobra

inb4 "No multiplayer for Wii U"

Or the exact opposite - extra MP modes for that version, seeing that it will come out much later they surely would have time for that, not being forced to launch on time with the other platforms and all...

But what about the important things? What will the FPS and resolution of the free-roam mode be?!

So sick of the recently growing obsession of tech stats vs. playability, especially on games that aren't even out yet.

Welcome to NeoGAF, I suppose

This.

It feels like conceptually Watch_Dogs wanted to have a unified open-world free roam experience where you could jump in another player's world and view what other Aiden's are doing, while also doing your own stuff on the side... but it's probably hard to achieve in a way that's teased at the original reveal.

It would be nice if the game's storyline somehow makes the multiplayer mode make sense like the alternate dimension angle you mentioned.

Top Bottom