• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

sedg87

Banned
Finished The Witcher 3's main story. I first played the game at launch and got bored around Novigrad. Started it a second time and got bored during Novigrad. Third time is a charm - Not only beat it but I think it'd comfortably fit into my favourite games of all time. Started the Hearts of Stone DLC and I'm really enjoying the story, although I didn't expect the difficulty jump!

Also playing through Calisto Protocol. The game would be better with a map and a larger inventory.

G-Bus

Banned
Got Witcher 3 on the go. Only a few hours in. Pretty much where I've stopped playing the last 3 times I've attempted to get I to this game. For what ever reason I'm enjoying it a lot this time around.

Also, Cuphead. No idea why it's taken me this long to play.

Assassin's Creed 3 for the first time ~10 hours in and so far THE worst AC game imo... wtf. I played ALL AC besides AC1 and AC3, but this one OOF... I'm not surprised that many love Ezio so much lol.

Fbh

Finished Demon Souls Remake.
Had my fun with it and it was nice going back but overall I prefer the newer games and I don't think I'll be playing through NG+. I think everything from locations to combat, boss design and the way gear works is just much better in the newer games.

Started Horizon Forbidden West.
I've only played like an hour and a half so I don't have much of an opinion on the game yet but boy does it look pretty. This is the first game since I got a Ps5 that, at least visually, is giving me "next gen vibes", specially considering how awesome it looks while being open world and running at 60fps.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
silent hill 1 on duckstation
still THE MOST scary and unsettling game after all these years , amazing atmosphere
the best horror game of all time

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Had my fun with it and it was nice going back but overall I prefer the newer games and I don't think I'll be playing through NG+. I think everything from locations to combat, boss design and the way gear works is just much better in the newer games.

Started Horizon Forbidden West.
I've only played like an hour and a half so I don't have much of an opinion on the game yet but boy does it look pretty. This is the first game since I got a Ps5 that, at least visually, is giving me "next gen vibes", specially considering how awesome it looks while being open world and running at 60fps.

Been playing on Pro and SS for the last years so DSre is my first real Next Gen experience in years.

So much glee 😅

dave_d

Finally got around to finishing Spiderman(PS5) a few weeks back. Now I'm splitting my time between Age of Empire 4(PC), Mother 3(GBA on EmuDeck, yes I own the game.) and Ninja Gaiden Black. (Hopefully it'll click this time since I've got time to play it. I'm up to the Samurais on Horseback on level 2. I didn't have as much trouble with the first stage like the last few times I tried playing it.)

Markio128

I feel like I’m playing way too many games atm, but I’m having a good time, so what the hell.
Loving GTAV again - about to leave for Skelege in TW3 - just completed Norco - on week 3 of NFS Unbound -
I really need to finish ER, but I have a hankering for another pop at DS.
Tbh, I feel like I’ve never had it so good.

speckz

Might & Magic X - Legacy and Final Fantasy XIV Online the last two months or so.

I also briefly went back to New World and was impressed with all the fixes after the initial year. However, I need to play this more once my Final Fantasy XIV Online subscription is up.

Saber

I just platinum Valkyrie Profile Leneth. Really though I coulnd't do it, but here I am. Guess I'm not too rusty as I though.
Marvelous game, perhaps besides the over reliance on guts.

I feel like I’m playing way too many games atm, but I’m having a good time, so what the hell.
Loving GTAV again - about to leave for Skelege in TW3 - just completed Norco - on week 3 of NFS Unbound -
I really need to finish ER, but I have a hankering for another pop at DS.
Tbh, I feel like I’ve never had it so good.
How is NFS Unbound?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I feel same way, I like Demons Souls and even platinum the game but unlike newer games its not exactly fun playing it multiple times.

Reactions: Fbh
Started Persona 5 Royal and am about 10 hours in. In the first palace in tutorial hell. Was not expecting such a huge learning curve, it’s very overwhelming and I feel like I haven’t been able to do anything on my own. Having fun with it but I thought I’d have the hang of it by now.

Danjin44

Started Persona 5 Royal and am about 10 hours in. In the first palace in tutorial hell. Was not expecting such a huge learning curve, it’s very overwhelming and I feel like I haven’t been able to do anything on my own. Having fun with it but I thought I’d have the hang of it by now.
Don’t worry the whole calendar and its Dungeon seems complicated on surface but much more simpler as you get used to it.

Filben

I'm in the last few hours of Elden Ring on PC. Played it heavily at release, dropped it because 50hours of that melancholy drove me to other games.

Also started with Anno 1800 again with all addons, also playing it on the Steam Deck.

And Vice City via emulator. Tried the remastered, and while it's the best-remastered of the trilogy, many songs are missing and characters look awkward as fuck. Gameplay changes are too miniscule to give it a pass for the other things.

Malachai

Decided to get The Witch Queen dlc for Destiny 2 while it's on sale so I've been knee deep in that. Been playing it for years on and off and still struggle to get my head around some of the systems. Bungie really need to make it a bit more user friendly imo.

Orta

Banned
Snow Bros on Switch. Was an Arcade favourite in my teenage years, great little port this. The updated graphics lack the charm of the original but the gameplay is still there. Love it.

I wish Tumble Pop would get a port too.

hero

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Beat The Kaito Files last night. A bit disappointed about the lack of any kind of side content, since imo that would have been a cool way of fleshing Kaito's character a bit more, but whatever.

The story itself was pretty cool, and Kaito is very fun to play as, specially after unlocking most of his moveset. I really enjoyed the last part of the DLC and it's ending. Final boss is top tier, quite kino.

Labadal

Beat The Kaito Files last night. A bit disappointed about the lack of any kind of side content, since imo that would have been a cool way of fleshing Kaito's character a bit more, but whatever.

The story itself was pretty cool, and Kaito is very fun to play as, specially after unlocking most of his moveset. I really enjoyed the last part of the DLC and it's ending. Final boss is top tier, quite kino.
Is it worth the price? Disregard your fondness of the game, and give me your opinion content wise. Cheers.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Is it worth the price? Disregard your fondness of the game, and give me your opinion content wise. Cheers.
I'd say no, to be honest.

I had my fair share amount of fun but, from an objective point of view, it's not worth the price. It's short, Kaito controls worse than Tak imo and the lack of sidecontent is the nail in the coffin.

Would recommend only to big fans of those games, but even then some may feel like this DLC is a rip-off. It just lacks content.

PS: L Labadal if they ever announce a thrid entry in the Judgment series, give the story of this DLC a read, since some mayor things happen related to Kaito.

Last edited:
Signalis. Its been great so far. Feels like a throwback to PS1 survival horror in the best way. So far its been pretty easy which I'm fine with. Just enjoying the horror vibes. Some really cool art and imagery.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped is frustrating to say the least. The level design is downright garbage in some instances, where ND just slapped together a level with loads of random traps and enemies with no particular reason other than to piss you off. The really fun levels are few and far between. I'm not surprised at all that ND left this shit franchise in the gutter. How it could sell 20+ million units I will never understand. Probably because dumb asses like me bought the original games. And then did it again with this remake.

Idiot Facepalm GIF

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Just finished A Little to the Left. I enjoy puzzle games and this one seemed right up my alley. Unfortunately, it was not. The mouse clicking for some reason has a weird delay so I wound up needing to click on things 3 or 4 times before the cursor would actually grab the items. The puzzles themselves are sometimes enjoyable but often you'll have absolutely no idea what the game wants you to do. I spent a a few moments clicking on items, seeing nothing to actually interact with. Or the logic is messy. Overall, just more boring and annoying than enjoyable.

They also offer dailies for you to complete. to get all the achievements, it will require completing 365 of these. This is fucking insane, as the puzzles begin to repeat immediately. I had 2 days in a row of the exact same puzzle, so this just goes to show how poorly thought out the feature was. 365 of these, really?

I do not recommend this one.

Duchess

Just started the Ghost of Tsushima DLC. Enjoying it so far. Playing on Normal, and it's proving an extra challenge over the main game (apparently, it's as hard of Act 3 of the base game).

ironmang

Fallout 3 on XSS. First replay since release. Forgot how great this game is despite it constantly getting slammed ever since NV came out. Galaxy News Radio alone makes this game super memorable.

Will say it's disappointing that they don't offer the GOTY edition on console (apparently it's on PC gamepass). Can't even buy it from the store for some reason.

RAIDEN1

I tried out the Outer wilds yesterday for the first time on Gamepass, as it's likely gone today from there....shame there is no speech when speaking to the NPC's and I've found the flight controls somewhat cumbersome....

Hell Let Loose on PS5.

Pleasantly surprised at how much fun I’m having getting pulverized. Between the VOIP being hilarious at times, and the rush of taking a seemingly random hill, there is joy in learning the ropes of each class and seeing the Commanders and Squad Leaders strategize and argue over tactics. It can be engrossing and immersive where an hour just melts away.

I tried out the Outer wilds yesterday for the first time on Gamepass, as it's likely gone today from there....shame there is no speech when speaking to the NPC's and I've found the flight controls somewhat cumbersome....
Same, found the flight controls intially horrendous and dropped it. Saw the sale and thinking about picking the game and dlc up though.

RAIDEN1

Same, found the flight controls intially horrendous and dropped it. Saw the sale and thinking about picking the game and dlc up though.
This was on my very first mission as well, I got stuck in a ridge in one of the nearby planets....might try it again soon but in no hurry to

GeekyDad

Playing Stella Glow (3DS). :messenger_grinning_sweat: Oh boy...

526848.jpg

Yeah, I remember now why I never got very far into it. I bought it when it released, heck, it's been years ago now. It's a decent SRPG thus far, but ohhh...so bad...so, so bad. I wanted something less dark -- dear lord, do I need it right now -- and it does satisfy that requirement. But it seems like it was made for small children in terms of its dialogue and presentation. The weird thing, though, is that some of the character costumes are pretty "loli." There's one chick in the game early on whose costume goes right down to the...cherry area.

But again, the game is probably exactly what I need right now: nonsense. Something to be completely devoid of meaning, other than a brain and soul bath. The art is also pretty, especially the backgrounds. And it's good for belly laughs. The ridiculous nature of how cliche and low rent it is, had me almost in tears when I was playing it this morning.

Grim Dawn on XSX. Never got a OneX or current gen update so the resolution is terrible (it kind of looks like you are watching a compressed video stream), but it’s a pretty damn good Diablo-like ARPG.
Grim Dawn developers suck a fat one for not releasing a resolution patch. Didn't this come out AFTER the next gen consoles had already been released? I know it's not a native SX game but still should look wayyy better. Compared to the PC version it looks terrible.

There is a trend with many PC focused developers of really half asking their console ports AND not supporting those ports after release. For example Pillars of Eternity 2, both Pathfinder games, and this. There are a lot more I'm forgetting.

Been playing Sol Cresta, Platinum Games first foray into shmups. It finally went on sale from its ridiculous asking price of $40 so I nabbed it as the demo was a lot of fun.

I really enjoy the game. It runs well on Switch (input lag was exaggerated by people around launch; its about 5 frames), I personally like the art style (most people seem to think it looks like crap), and the ship docking mechanic is great. It's not a flawlessly designed shmup that you see from the shmup greats but it's still very good. The main negatives are the re-use of bosses and the crazy length of the game (7 levels and they last longer than your average shmup). Scoring is not bad but not great either.

Learning how to use the games many tools is where it excels as well as a fantastic soundtrack. This games got me back into shmups after a hiatus. BTW I really wish Drainus would get a console port. That came out in 2022 by Team Ladybug (deedlit, though Luna nights) and is supposed to be excellent.

Raven77

I'm on the third level of Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order.

This game is...idk. I love some parts, I hate most parts. It's so...gamey. Follow the path, swing from the rope, jump from pillar to pillar.

I think my biggest issue though is the combat. It's so jerky and hard to time blocks. I also hate the controls in general. Reminds me of the floaty garbage controls in GTA 4. Fighting multiple enemies is a joke. I block one enemy but there are two behind me so I guess they'll just shove their shock batons up my butt.

I'm pretty good at Souls games and Elden Ring. This games combat feels unfinished / unpolished to the point where I just put it on Story Mode because it was just not fun.

Not sure I'll see this one through although I really like the story.

Last edited:

GametimeUK

I'm on the third level of Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order.

This game is...idk. I love some parts, I hate most parts. It's so...gamey. Follow the path, swing from the rope, jump from pillar to pillar.

I think my biggest issue though is the combat. It's so jerky and hard to time blocks. I also hate the controls in general. Reminds me of the floaty garbage controls in GTA 4. Fighting multiple enemies is a joke. I block one enemy but there are two behind me so I guess they'll just shove their shock batons up my butt.

I'm pretty good at Souls games and Elden Ring. This games combat feels unfinished / unpolished to the point where I just put it on Story Mode because it was just not fun.

Not sure I'll see this one through although I really like the story.

If you're a Star Wars fan you need to see it through. It's a shame you're not feeling it. I found the game great at first, but weaker as the game progresses. Later stages bored me a bit, but the ending is fantastic and you need to witness it if you're a fan of Star Wars.

amigastar

I'm still playing the XCom Ufo Defense from 1994 but with openXcom mod. I love this game so much and i don't have any nostalgia since i've never played it in the 90s.

Roberts

Didn't this come out AFTER the next gen consoles had already been released?
Holy shit, you are right. I bought it what seemed like an eternity ago but it turns out it was released on xbox at the end of 2021. The game reminded me of Titan Quest (albeit GD is a much better game overall) so I just googled and it turns out it uses the same engine and many developers of GD have worked on TQ. The irony is that TQ got an One X update and actually runs at a much higher resolution.

Raven77

If you're a Star Wars fan you need to see it through. It's a shame you're not feeling it. I found the game great at first, but weaker as the game progresses. Later stages bored me a bit, but the ending is fantastic and you need to witness it if you're a fan of Star Wars.

Yeah I do like Star Wars, not like a crazy super fan though. The story is the only thing keeping me going but scared that you found the later levels boring. I'm at the part where you roll the big balls into their slots. So video-gamey, lol.

Fredrik

Near the end of Super Metroid on XSX Retroarch, only mother brain left unless I go for 100% which would mean some more exploring, 180/40/45 currently for weapon pickups, two energy tanks left too.

And as usual, Elden Ring, I’m on my 4th playthrough now lol. Still in Limgrave but Margit, Leonine, Godrick, Tree Sentinel, bunch of smaller bosses are down. Exploring Siofra River at the moment.
I’ve been upgrading steel-wire torch for once which has firebreather, turns out it can be surprisingly useful at times!

Continuing my journey through Elden Ring. My plan is to finish all the content available before venturing forth in Leyndell, so i can be prepared for the challenge. I obliterated Mohg, Lord of Blood. I think i'm overleveled. Oh well, i think i'll just grind some more in this area to be sure i'm overleveled, haha.

A few more destinations left before Leyndell .. hmm, gotta get to the Shaded Castle and see what the fuck is going on there. Then i'm off to the Volcano Manor.

I'm coming for you, Rikard.

Fredrik

Continuing my journey through Elden Ring. My plan is to finish all the content available before venturing forth in Leyndell, so i can be prepared for the challenge. I obliterated Mohg, Lord of Blood. I think i'm overleveled. Oh well, i think i'll just grind some more in this area to be sure i'm overleveled, haha.

A few more destinations left before Leyndell .. hmm, gotta get to the Shaded Castle and see what the fuck is going on there. Then i'm off to the Volcano Manor.

I'm coming for you, Rikard.
The final boss fight usually get everyone down on their knees lol
But combine a good build with mimic tear and it can absolutely make the game easy, too easy imo. So be careful, some challenge makes the game more fun! 👍

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Finished Crash 3: Warped. Pretty mediocre. Some levels were fun but damn, the gameplay formula is really wearing thin after Crash 1 & 2. The 3rd one doesn't introduce many new ideas, except for a couple of power ups that make the levels easier and you can 100% it. Not that I'm gonna do it. I'm done with Crash. Sub par platform icon.

sedg87

Banned
Witcher 3
I'm currently working my way through the Blood and Wine DLC. The area (is it toissant?) is absolutely stunning. Love how colorful and vibrant it is.

The Quarry
Only an hour in but I've enjoyed that hour. It is certainly a stronger opening than all Supermassive's games bar Until Dawn. Love the setting and the cast.

Danjin44

I just beat pride and joy mk 0.5 at intermission in FFVIIR and hardest part of that fight wasn’t even pride and joy itself, rather the first round with Bahamut and Ifrit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom