• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if Sega would do SFII for GBA?

After the success(?) with the remake of Shining Force, wouldn't it be logical for SEGA to do a remake of number 2, who in my opinion is better storywise. I still regard that game as one of the best Megadrive(Genesis) games.

And what changes would you like to have? The story is good as it is, maybe some better dialogue and fleshed out places to visit? I'm fine without the crap card-system from SF1 on GBA. Maybe some gameplay in the demonworld with the princess, as we now know nothing that happens there with her. Would be nice with demoncharacters thrown into your party;)

discuss plz!

Soul4ger

Am I the only one who didn't think the original was that hard to begin with? SF was never terribly difficult, just fun and fast-paced. I'd love SFII on GBA.

I agree.

It seems like the original is set on easy, the first time you play it.

haven't tried to play it after completing it, but I heard that the difficulty gets higher everytime you finish the game.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I really hope that Sega does. They did a very surprising (in a good way) job with remaking the first Shining Force. The Genesis game was sadly easy, the GBA game pathetically easy (but gets harder every time you beat it!)

Shining Force 2 please!

MoxManiac

Honestly, they don't have to add much of anything. Just leave the portraits alone this time, and don't make it easier.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I wouldn't mind a couple of new characters, some challenging new maps, an expanded story, and a new game + mechanic, ala SF1 remake.

Soul4ger

I really like how they expanded the story and characters in SF. I mean, you just talk to the people in the headquarters and it's completely optional, but they put some effort into it. Resurrection of the Dark Dragon is the retelling that Sword of Mana wanted to be.

Top Bottom