• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best Thanksgiving side dish????

What is the best side dish when the day is done? What are you looking for at your get-together?

• Green Bean Casserole.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Mac & Cheese (of every design)

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Mashed Potatoes (gravy and all other sins included)

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Veggies (any Veggies and variation of them that you can think of here)

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I am a literal hermit and refuse to partake in society. Fuck "Thanksgiving". I will eat dirt instead

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Stuffing (which I forgot because I am a moron)

Votes: 31 38.8%

• Total voters

Thaedolus

Gold Member
No, I just don't get it, the two are used pretty interchangeable. It seems from my 48 years of life that what it is called is more a matter of utility. If inside a bird it's stuffing, if cooked in a pan it's dressing.
Yeah yeah I hear you, and what’s your opinion on thermite hmmmmmm??

I’m just fuckin around, if you think it’s delicious we’re on the same page

Methos#1975

Yeah yeah I hear you, and what’s your opinion on thermite hmmmmmm??

I’m just fuckin around, if you think it’s delicious we’re on the same page
I'm USAF and was literally in the same room with Eberhart when he closed down our airspace to flights lol. I knew as soon as the planes hit it was Bin Laden.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I'm USAF and was literally in the same room with Eberhart when he closed down our airspace to flights lol. I knew as soon as the planes hit it was Bin Laden.
And what did that cunt call it?

“Dressing”

Or “le dressing,” I dunno I don’t speak Farsi.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Green Bean Casserole, no contest.

Honourable mention goes to canned cranberry sauce - the sh*t is awesome.

4G8.gif

Last edited:

lachesis

I like green bean casseroles. That crunchy fried onion bits complete with gooey inside, crunchy green beans - I love it. I make it a bit garlicky too.

Mashed potato & Mac and Cheese - actually I've never had it with thanksgiving dinner. Didn't know it was the norm?
We normally have something different though - like potato gratin with plenty of bubbly crunchy cheese topping and if we don't have green bean casseroles, we have green bean saute'd in garlic butte with red pepper flakes. Corn bread, cranberry sauce, and sometimes we have mashed sweet potatoes, not mashed potatoes.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I only ate in america (miami to be precise) for thanksgiving once and maybe because i was still a child (and usually child don't like to eat many things) but i hated everything they served, and we were guest of a rich ass family that had an house in the lake in the same place where stallone, madonna and other vips had their houses, so i know for a fact that the food was of absolute top tier quality.

They didin't served mac and cheese tho, probably the only thing i would have liked...

I take a juicy chicken from groceries over any dry stuffed big ass turkey
rotisserie-chicken-99664_1920-e1601623696129.jpg
I use a convection oven. And it helps prevent the turkey from drying out. I also use an oven bag.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I've personally never heard stuffing referred to as dressing. Maybe it's a regional thing.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I've personally never heard stuffing referred to as dressing. Maybe it's a regional thing.
Dressing and stuffing are not the same.

Stuffing is more northern dressing southern.

Dressing tends to have a layer of meat. And is wetter. Stuffing is dry and better in my opinion. But my wife is southern and her mom only makes dressing. I can make stuffing. But I don’t have my moms recipe.

Top Bottom