• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What loyalty programs do you use? Starbucks, airlines, Sony Rewards, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
I'm sure everyone gets credit card rewards which are awesome, but what programs do you participate with that are not credit card based?

The big one for me is Starbucks. They do good bonus challenges, so sometimes you can manage to get every 4th or 6th free.

Best Buy has a generous one.

Sony Rewards gives you points for every PSN purchase that you can redeem for movies, more credit, etc

McDonald's has fantastic coupons in their app every week and a McCafe punch card.

Gas stations like Speedway and RaceTrac are decent and often do separate rewards like every 7th drink is free while also letting you earn points for gas gift cards. 7 Eleven does drinks.

Taco Bell sucks at it. They had a loyalty program and like one offer like $2 off in their app (which is good for ordering at least). But their loyalty thing rewarded you mysteriously for your visits and then the inaugural "season" ended a couple of quarters ago and now it's just an empty section of the app that has said coming soon for much of the year.

So get me some free stuff GAF. Tell me where to sign up.

Xion385

Starbucks has been good to me. Sometimes, I'm 100 points away from a free drink, then boom I randomly get a free drink. Grande Caramel Frappuccino with extra Caramel is my weakness.

Amazon Credit Card

All day loooooong.

I don't even know if that's "loyalty" or not. I just love getting Amazon points for EVERYTHING I buy with it.

MilShap

I use the FiveStars app, retailers can sign up for the service and send you coupons through the app. It also includes loyalty programs which differ by retailer. I use it for a couple of Boba Tea places near me as well as a sandwich shop. The loyalty part is nice, but the coupons can actual be really good deals most of the time.

The old Starbucks Gold program was great before they changed it.

I used to just buy one coffee a day at college and get my free refills throughout the day.
And every 10 days I'd get one free!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
only the past two years because i travel for work, Southwest for airline, national for rental cars, and marriott for hotels.

and my dicsover card points.

Quick

Banned
I don't sign up for them often, but I do have a couple.

Starbucks - This is probably my most-used one.
EB Games Edge Card - I'm a Platinum cardholder purely from building points via trade-ins and purchases vs. paying for the upgrade.
I have a stamp card for Ajisen ramen - I can actually redeem it for a free bowl until the end of December.

johnny956

Best Buy (use their credit card for extra points as well)
Marriott for hotel (use them exclusively for business travel)
Ebates for most online shopping

FStop7

Banned
I don't really buy one company's products consistently or often enough for it to be worthwhile.

I do get Starbucks points, but since the program was changed it doesn't really do anything for me any more.

I should probably look at a credit card with rewards or something.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I had like 4 Hawaiian BBQ stamp cards but they always went out of business around stamp 7.

Starbucks because I go everyday anyways so its easier just to swipe my card. I only get coffee so it isnt that pricey. New rewards program sucks though :(

I used to use Starbucks but I moved to a place with better coffee and they changed the program to punish people who only drink black coffee.

Gamestop mainly for the subscription to Game Informer
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards - Free drink coupons and $25 flights
Walgreens
Target Red Card regularly gives me coupons that knock $20-$30 off my grocery bill every week
Alamo Drafthouse - Free movies, advanced screening invites, free food and drinks

Kilvas

Used the Mcdonalds App all summer for free large iced coffee during the $.99 cent promo. I still use it for whatever promos they have going.

The Kroger app is amazing for coupons and stacks with instore promos as well. I've gotten a lot of food for more than 60% off after stacking promos. I also use the kroger fuel points which beats out every other gas station rewards card.

I also want to throw in that Bing and the Bing app are great for the rewards points. I use it to get easy Amazon credit. I get about $100 a year with just that. If you used it for Xbox purchases you could stretch that even more.

Starbucks used to be good back in their 12 star reward program. Sometimes, you can get 7 stars per each breakfast sandwich. If you're lucky, you can get the sandwiches at a discount! 25% off too.

StoneFox

Regal Cinemas Crown Club

If only because I can never go back to free-seating theaters ever again :p

I also have a GameStop PowerUp Rewards card that I've never spent any credits on so I must be over 30,000+ points now or whatever. Years of buildup lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom