• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the fuck is wrong with MMAC?

Jesus, somebody screwed up. I've only played MM 1 and 2 so far, but I'm already pissed off

1. The remixed music sucks. I was hoping for some badass Genz-style techno remixes that take 4 minutes to loop, instead I get some annoying crap with shitty J-Pop/rock instruments that last no longer than the original track. And WHY THE HELL aren't all the tracks remixed? What fucking stupid worthless POS forgot to remix Metal Man? What about Quick Man? Flash Man? If these tracks were remixed, I didn't notice, which tells you something about the "remixes"!

2. The stages aren't small. They're microscopic. I know it's been a while since I played the original games, but I remember them being something remotely substantial. When you can blast through 4 or 5 stages in an hour, what's the point? I went through most of the stages and was like "That's IT??? You have GOT to be kidding me!" I can't believe I used to like these games. Man, how our heros come back to Earth. :(

3. Whoever put these stages together must have gotten their degree from Joe Bob's House of Level Design. They are filled with shitty gameplay. For example, in Crash Man's stage, when you're SLOOOOOWLY climbing up those damn ladders, and those freaking birds drop those eggs filled with little birds, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it, because Mega Man is a pussy who can't shoot worth shit. So you can hit and fill back into the next screen, then you climb up again and the same shit happens, until you get lucky and they manage to drop the birds in a place you can shoot.

I also like how Mega Man slips off platforms like there's grease on his shoes, and how fucking enemies hit you from afar with shitty collision detection. Fun, please? Any fun here? Have you seen fun? Earth to fun, COME IN PLEASE!

I also like those crappy bosses like that shitty yellow cyclops in MM1. Skill? Nah, I don't think we'll be using any of THAT. Just memorize those fucking pieces as they go across the screen. Wake me when I've memorized this shit, it's frightening to think all games used to be like this.

4. I this worth $30? I think not. We've evolved past this shit. I bought this game out of a misplace memory of what these games were. I remembered them being good. Maybe they were in 1990. In 2004, they suck. And Atomic Shitty Planet screwed up on the music, the bonus features, and the fucking manual is black and white. In short, this sucks. I want the treasured memories of my youth back.

Grubdog

Banned
It sounds like you just generally dislike Megaman. You dislike Megaman, and you bought MMAC? What the fuck is wrong with you? =p

Your way of thinking also confuses me, games somehow get worse as time goes by? I don't understand.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
3. Whoever put these stages together must have gotten their degree from Joe Bob's House of Level Design. They are filled with shitty gameplay. For example, in Crash Man's stage, when you're SLOOOOOWLY climbing up those damn ladders, and those freaking birds drop those eggs filled with little birds, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it, because Mega Man is a pussy who can't shoot worth shit. So you can hit and fill back into the next screen, then you climb up again and the same shit happens, until you get lucky and they manage to drop the birds in a place you can shoot.
Use the Metal Blade, DUH.

kiryogi

Banned
The funny thing about the music is, it's from the RCW (Rockman Complete Works) So it's Capcom's, not Atomic Planet :eek:.

MoccaJava

Banned
Has anyone else noticed that all Neutron Night seems to do is bitch and moan all day while making 1,000 word posts doing it?

Barnimal

Banned
"I also like how Mega Man slips off platforms like there's grease on his shoes, and how fucking enemies hit you from afar with shitty collision detection. Fun, please? Any fun here? Have you seen fun? Earth to fun, COME IN PLEASE!"

haw haw!

Neutron Night said:
Fun, please? Any fun here? Have you seen fun? Earth to fun, COME IN PLEASE!

Come on now, that's just unneccesary.

Sorry to hear you hate Mega Man. I, for one, think the series still kicks ass. The gameply, and level design is totally solid throughout almost every game in the series. Just because a game may be a little hard and aggrivating, doesn't mean it sucks. Seems like you're just angry that you're falling into too many pits and/or spikes. If you plan things out and shoot enemies before rushing ahead, you won't get knocked off. You know, games used to train you to get better at them instead ofsaving your progress every ten seconds. Its not the game's fault. And I never had any problems with Mega Man slipping off platforms unless its intended. Are you sure you're not playing Ice Man's level?

I'm fortunate to still have my copies of the classic Mega Man games on my famicom so I still play them every once and again, but I can't see how they have really aged at all. The platforming elements are so similar to those of todays, even in the 3D games. And you have to appreciate the work that went into those games at the time. Adding to that, many classic games age exceptionally well. Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Metroid, etc. And look at those many Konami and Hudson vertical shooters like Twin Bee. I'd argue those are just as relevant today than they were yesterday.

Brofist

Couldn't they have fit more in this collection, like the X games too. What's taking up space, the crappy fmv videos?

Neutron Night said:
Is this worth $30? I think not. We've evolved past this shit.

So let me get this straight: the compilation sucks because you don't actually like Mega Man games. Oh, and because the remixes - which have been available for years in the Power Battle / Power Fighters game, not to mention the psx re-releases, and which I specifically told you weren't as good as the originals in another thread (only to be met with trademark Neutron Night belligerence) - aren't to your liking.

Slamming a classic compilation for inconsistencies with the original games is one thing, but slamming it because you dislike the games themselves is off the retardation deep-end. You get 10 games for $30 for a reason, see - it's because most people don't think these games hold up so well over time and are therefore willing to pay less for them. I'd say a drop to $3 per game from $50 (or much more for the arcade versions - I paid $70 or so for my Power Battle PCB a few years back and that was a deal) makes up for the fact that the games are now 'dated.' Everyone else knows that, and we take it into account when we purchase classic game compilations.

...I can't believe I got suckered into responding to yet another idiotic Neutron Night post. :(

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Ha ha I was playing the original Mega Man and I was blown away by how AWESOME the game was.

Even my girlfriend's nephew (who is an avid gamer) is completely hooked on the game. Sure it owns him 1,000 times a second but he still loves it.

kiryogi

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
Ha ha I was playing the original Mega Man and I was blown away by how AWESOME the game was.

Even my girlfriend's nephew (who is an avid gamer) is completely hooked on the game. Sure it owns him 1,000 times a second but he still loves it.

That brings a tear to my eye.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
kiryogi said:
That brings a tear to my eye.
I weep out of happiness as well. This kid has not touched any other game for the past couple of days. He was begging me to play all day today so he could see how awesome the later levels are and my "MAD MEGAMAN SKILLS" (so he says).

He's 11, there is hope for our children.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
having never played a single megaman game, and having just beat MM1, its still quite impressive for being so damn old!

I'm not finished complaining. On the day the game came out, I went to EB at fucking 3:45 PM to buy the PS2 version. They said they were sold out (?), and all they had was 2 shitty store display copies, which I avoid like the plague. So I go to Hastings and they say the street date is the next day. So the next day I go back to Hastings, and they look in their computer and see they're supposed to have 4 copies, so this fucking clerk girl goes into the back to check but she can't find anything. So the NEXT day I go back again, and it's STILL not on the goddamn shelf, so I ask another clerk girl to go check in the back again, and this time they find it. All that effort and the game turns out to be fucking aggravating and not worth my time. So you can understand that I'm a little annoyed, a little pissed.

Use the Metal Blade, DUH.

I didn't have the Metal Blade. I did Crash Man before I did Metal Man. You see, the decade and a half of time passing has a way of dulling my memory of what fucking order I was supposed to kill the robots in. I thought Crash Man was first, apparently I forgot to buy the Capcom Mega Man Accessory Mind Reading Device that would remind me that the level design was only worth a shit when I had a certain weapon.

The funny thing about the music is, it's from the RCW (Rockman Complete Works) So it's Capcom's, not Atomic Planet .

Great. So it's not only shitty remixed music, it's OLD shitty remixed music. What idiot decided to name an android "Rockman" anyway? I never figured that out.

I'm fortunate to still have my copies of the classic Mega Man games on my famicom so I still play them every once and again, but I can't see how they have really aged at all. The platforming elements are so similar to those of todays, even in the 3D games. And you have to appreciate the work that went into those games at the time. Adding to that, many classic games age exceptionally well. Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Metroid, etc. And look at those many Konami and Hudson vertical shooters like Twin Bee. I'd argue those are just as relevant today than they were yesterday.

Yeah, I miss the "good ol' days" when Nintendo Power could map out an entire game in an 8-page spread. Truly, $60 well spent.

So let me get this straight: the compilation sucks because you don't actually like Mega Man games. Oh, and because the remixes - which have been available for years in the Power Battle / Power Fighters game, not to mention the psx re-releases, and which I specifically told you weren't as good as the originals in another thread (only to be met with trademark Neutron Night belligerence) - aren't to your liking.

Let me get this straight. Are you agreeing with me, or not?

This whole ordeal has reminded me I why I don't like action games anymore. Especially not 15-year-old ones. It seems my tastes have become more refined. Shitty trial-and-error based gameplay with levels the size of an atomic nucleus no longer holds my fancy.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Neutron Night I hope you enjoy teh mansex. You're about to receive a major assfucking.

I don't condone it but you know how these internet forums are. I salute you sir and your opinion no matter how different we feel.

kiryogi

Banned
I'm not finished complaining. On the day the game came out, I went to EB at fucking 3:45 PM to buy the PS2 version. They said they were sold out (?), and all they had was 2 shitty store display copies, which I avoid like the plague. So I go to Hastings and they say the street date is the next day. So the next day I go back to Hastings, and they look in their computer and see they're supposed to have 4 copies, so this fucking clerk girl goes into the back to check but she can't find anything. So the NEXT day I go back again, and it's STILL not on the goddamn shelf, so I ask another clerk girl to go check in the back again, and this time they find it. All that effort and the game turns out to be fucking aggravating and not worth my time. So you can understand that I'm a little annoyed, a little pissed.

Shoulda preordered :eek: I lucked out on getting the GC version that first day tho. Hehe.

Great. So it's not only shitty remixed music, it's OLD shitty remixed music. What idiot decided to name an android "Rockman" anyway? I never figured that out.

Keiji Inafune, and would you have preferred "Mighty Kid" ? :p It was all about Rock and Roll.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Neutron Night said:

This is the first time the remixed tracks from the Rockman Complete Works games were brought over stateside, so why complain? Regardless of your taste in them, at least they're something different to hear.

And Keiji Inafune's decision to go with "Rockman" is much better than "Mighty Kid".

"Mighty Kid"? So two crappy options were the only possibilties? They could have called him Robotic Death Module. The Vice Lord of Excalibur. California State Highway Patrol Man. Anything would be better.

MoccaJava

Banned
I'm not finished complaining.

I just don't understand, especially after your portables thread (and the response it got), why you think anyone cares about your essay long bitchings on a series you don't like - or anything, really.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I think the games still hold up even to this day. Only annoying thing (maybe more than before), is the respawning enemies as soon as you take a couple of steps back.

I tend to shy away from personal attacks on Internet forums, but it's a lot easier to say "Neutron Night is an idiot" than to try to actually interpret and refute his ramblings.

Swordian

Neutron Night said:
I didn't have the Metal Blade. I did Crash Man before I did Metal Man. You see, the decade and a half of time passing has a way of dulling my memory of what fucking order I was supposed to kill the robots in. I thought Crash Man was first, apparently I forgot to buy the Capcom Mega Man Accessory Mind Reading Device that would remind me that the level design was only worth a shit when I had a certain weapon.

Ok, so you're very upset because you got owned by a 15 year-old game. You seem to be missing the point though. Megaman is built on this concept called open-ended gameplay. You can pretty much beat the stages in any order, but you can make things easier or harder depending on the order you choose. Nobody knew the boss order instinctively the first time they played, so stop whining. If you get beat, you should try another level.

MoxManiac

I dunno, they held up well for me. Fun games. MM1 was a lot easier than I remembered too. Dr Wily is a pussy in that game!

gblues

Banned
185-princess_bride-01-fk.jpg

ROBERTS: "Truly, you have a dizzying intellect."
VIZZINI: "Wait until I get going!"

Mashing

Grubdog said:
It sounds like you just generally dislike Megaman. You dislike Megaman, and you bought MMAC? What the fuck is wrong with you? =p

Your way of thinking also confuses me, games somehow get worse as time goes by? I don't understand.

*thumbs up*

IAWTP

gblues said:
185-princess_bride-01-fk.jpg

ROBERTS: "Truly, you have a dizzying intellect."
VIZZINI: "Wait until I get going!"

Ahhh, I love that movie!

suikodan said:
Megaman games were better then than they are now. :p
Too true. Network Transmission and the Zeros are all right, though.

Oh, and yeah - I wholeheartedly disagree with everything NN has said in this thread. Christ. The only hard part about Crash Man's stage is the boss himself if you don't have the right weapon (I don't remember which). And to make things easier ALWAYS fight Metal Man first. If you can't take him with no powerups, then don't talk to me.

adrockthekid said:
Too true. Network Transmission and the Zeros are all right, though.

Oh, and yeah - I wholeheartedly disagree with everything NN has said in this thread. Christ. The only hard part about Crash Man's stage is the boss himself if you don't have the right weapon (I don't remember which). And to make things easier ALWAYS fight Metal Man first. If you can't take him with no powerups, then don't talk to me.

Flashman and bubbleman are easier than metal man, though their powerups are almost useless.

Ranger X

Mutherfuck... Each time i read your posts here Neutron it's a big pile of complains.
As i read this topic now, the only thing i can see is that you just deceived yourself!!! Be more carefull at what you do man. How come you buy this game and don't remember the fuck was Megaman? lolololololol. You're as funny as your useless complains!!

---- shit i thought i was always complaining: I'M A FUCKIN' ROOKIE!!! lol

STILL... i have something to tell to about MMAC: If Capcom is able to remix the fucking songs of Megaman 4,5 and 6, they could have take the time to complete the remixed soundtrack of the 1,2 and 3. (after all, half the job was already done!!)

Justin Bailey

------ ------
JC10001 said:
Or better yet, Leaf Shield.
Haha, I swear to god I thought the same thing when I went to bed after my post last night (even though I've never actually done it before). I was like "should I post that?", but then I thought "nah, someone else will point it out I'm sure."

Neutered Night said:
This whole ordeal has reminded me I why I don't like action games anymore. Especially not 15-year-old ones. It seems my tastes have become more refined. Shitty trial-and-error based gameplay with levels the size of an atomic nucleus no longer holds my fancy.
baby-crying.jpg

Top Bottom