• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which is better? SS Daytona or SS Daytona CCE?

I only had Daytona, never ended up getting CCE...

If you are a big daytona fan, is it worth picking up?

I remember that Daytona on Sega Saturn played like a dream, but looked like the ghetto version of the arcade one...

GigaDrive

Banned
the first Saturn Daytona played more like the arcade but had HORRIBLE HORRIBLE graphics running at a choppy 15+ fps which was about 1/4 the arcades framerate. it had tons of draw in, right in front of your view, not to mention lower resolution, much lower detail, etc. Saturn was never intended to be on par with Model 2. it was like trying to get a Mustang to run like a Ferrari. lol.

Daytona CCE used the Saturn Sega Rally engine I think, and it was more like 25-30fps but it didn't play/control the same. I've heard it said that the control was 'broken'. although I understand the Japanese release of Daytona CCE was improved further. I'd like to play that sometime, as well as the Netlink edition of CCE. does that mean there's like 3 versions of Daytona CCE? need answers, somebody.

to date there has not been an arcade-exact port of Daytona to any home platform. even the souped up Dreamcast version, which has better overall graphics than the arcade (but in some areas its still worse looking) is not dead on.

I want Sega to release a Model 2-exact version of Daytona USA on Xbox LIVE, I don't even care if they leave the arcade Model 2 pop-up/draw-in, in. just bring it home with exact graphics audio control gameplay, please. don't even attempt to remake the graphics like the Dreamcast Daytona. I want the Model 2 look to be there. then we also need Model3-exact port of Daytona USA 2, both editions, again untouched graphics if possible.
I wonder how closely Model 3 graphics can be done on the Nvidia powered Xbox ? I certainly wouldn't want the drastic changes that happened to SpikeOut Xbox.. that was sick.

Model 2 exact daytona on xbox live with 40 cars at once (dedicated servers).. or as many as they could get (16? 24?) would be amazing..

daytona CCE netlink in american = daytona CCE in japan + netlink code

callous

Out of the two games you're asking about, the original SS Daytona is the most fun. CCE (PAL/US) controls just aren't very good. Haven't tried JP CCE.

Top Bottom