• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White House furious after being trolled with Russia Oval Office photos

linkboy

Bunch of morons, the whole lot of them.

What the fuck did they think was going to happen.

Give me a fucking break.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
"They tricked us," an angry White House official said.

"That's the problem with the Russians -- they lie," the official added.
I can't not laugh at this, it's so farcical.

What exactly was the "trick" and what did they lie about?

"Can our state news agency photographer bring his camera in and take pictures?"

"Sure thing! But just you guys."

See, Trump thinks that because Putin is backing him and saying nice things he's an ally. But Putin's goal isn't really to back anyone. It's to sow chaos and make us weak and confused. If backing Hillary would have done that, and Hillary was dumb enough to accept, he'd have backed her.

If he only knew they were going to post the photos publicly he would not have left those top secret documents spread across his Oval Office desk.

Bsigg12

What a bunch of fucking idiots. Everything about this week has been glorious for how incompetent the entire Trump administration is.

"They tricked us."

836318.gif

IGSqZPO.gif

Taker666

See, Trump thinks that because Putin is backing him and saying nice things he's an ally. But Putin's goal isn't really to back anyone. It's to sow chaos and make us weak and confused. If backing Hillary would have done that, and Hillary was dumb enough to accept, he'd have backed her.

Surely if Putin really wanted to sow chaos ...all he'd need to do is just say the Trump team approached him to help win the election (wouldn't matter if it was true or not..that would cause fa.far more chaos than denial does).

The US is doing all this to itself with barely a nudge from Russia.

Christian

As if the International Intelligence Community needed yet ANOTHER reason to not share intelligence with the United States! Let the Russian espionage agent into the Oval Office with a state-sponsored member of the media! Nothing to worry about!

Wh... what do you think the photographs were for? Putin's personal spank bank?
"Remember the time I actually ran America for four years?"

I'd keep those photos just to brighten my day if I were Putin. They'll be great stuff to show to his kids someday.

Miletius

Wh... what do you think the photographs were for? Putin's personal spank bank?

Yeah, I don't believe it. Like, why else would somebody be taking pictures. You gotta be putting 2 and 2 together here. It just seems like they got "mad" after the fact, to cover up bad optics.

MIMIC

Banned
I'm confused. Why didn't the WH want the pictures posted? It's not like the meeting was a secret. And more importantly, why didn't the WH think the photographers would post them?

Some in the media were wondering if Trump was trolling with the timing of the visits, when in reality the WH was being trolled.

That Putin comment is ether.

Laekon

Surely if Putin really wanted to sow chaos ...all he'd need to do is just say the Trump team approached him to help win the election (wouldn't matter if it was true or not..that would cause fa.far more chaos than denial does).

The US is doing all this to itself with barely a nudge from Russia.
No it wouldn't cause it would bring a point of focus, whether correct or not.

darscot

The stupidity of this is killer funny. Putin literally said hey can we get some pics so we can mock you and basically tea bag you for the world to see. LOL

Koomaster

How is this 'tricked'? I mean they have to be clearly lying about being mad about this because the alternative is they don't understand how the internet works. Or maybe Trump thinks his tweets are physically mailed to people's homes?

commedieu

Banned
Is it OK to block traffic yet and riot? Our government has been taken over by Russia.

Or, is it time to selectively quote mlk, and peacefully watch a russianGOP dismantle everything, including peaceful protest.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Okay, "President Trump is acting in accordance with his competence" is a great line. Not that I like Putin or anything, but hats off for that line, at least.

That's the smoothest way I've seen anyone simultaneously call someone his bitch and a dumbass in the same sentence.

Top Bottom