• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's getting the Wii U version of COD Ghosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prag16

Banned
There will likely still only be an average of 1,000 people or so online at peak times. Not worth it for me. I hated not being able to play anything other than standard team death match on blops2.

BO2 hit over 4000 peak last December, and even now can reach 2500 some nights. Still very very low, but no need for you to exaggerate and discourage potential buyers.

Also I've never not been able to at least get a match in:

TDM
HCTDM
KC
Dom
FFA

Other than those, yes, it can be quite difficult or impossible.

cafemomo

I have a friend who is buying Ghost and a Wii U because of the Gamepad off screen play

Makes me wonder why Nintendo won't do a Ghost bundle

If I had a Wii U, and a son, and Call of Duty wasn't a game about war and shooting other people, I'd buy him the Wii U version.

Spiderduff

I think a while back we were talking about a GAF COD clan. I still think it would be fun since its looking like the Wii U version won't have a huge number of player, at least we will always have someone to play with.

Hip Hop

Sure' I'll grab it. Really enjoyed Blops 2 back when I had my Wii U.

I'm in the market for a used Wii U right now, so I'll grab the game when it's cheaper.

Will be playing on PC.

And yes, Off-TV feature is godly.

Possum

I'll be purchasing a Wii U specifically for COD Ghosts.

Ti4BIbT.gif

I loved the online play in BO2 on Wii U so I'll definitely get Ghosts at some point. I don't know what other obscure modes people here were trying to play, but I could always get into a Kill Confirmed game...or a big Ground War game...or that mode where you defuse the two bombs...or Hardpoint those two times I tried it, at least.

Maybe I was lucky?

Bullza2o

If I were still interested in COD I'd get it for Wii U. There's no other choice for me, and I don't want to pay for XBL Gold.

]

I have a friend who is buying Ghost and a Wii U because of the Gamepad off screen play

Makes me wonder why Nintendo won't do a Ghost bundle

Because
1. Not many wiiu users bought cod blops2 so nintendo thinks not many will buy ghosts
2. Nintendo wants that "kids friendly" image.

I am actually interested in picking up Blops II for cheap on the U just to see how it plays. Did it get all of the DLC?

It got 0 DLC and I'm pretty sure it was passed over for a few patches, as well. I had vowed not to buy another CoD game after they shat out BO2 and left it to die but I'm a typical gamer with the memory of a goldfish so I'm just gonna buy Ghosts and hope for the best.

Jethro

Nope. Looks shit :)

Quality posting.

I think I will get it like almost all the other Treyarch CoD's. Pointer Controls are the best and unfortunately it's the only Egoshooter on the system. The lack of infos about the Wii U Version this time is even more than in the last years...

hoserx

Yep. If I wanted to have the version with the highest visual fidelity, I'd get it for the PC. I want the Wii U version because of a few reasons, all of them mentioned by other fine members of NeoGAF throughout this thread. Two player local multiplayer without having to split the screen is fantastic, and great fun for a buddy of mine and myself regularly.

Kazerei

Banned
I'm not dead set on buying COD Ghosts, but if I do, I'll buy the Wii U version. Off TV play is great, and I don't care that much about online multi, and Blops 2 was a solid port.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
This will still have Wiimote and nunchuck support, right? I'm not the biggest fan of CoD, but playing FPS with the Wiimote is incredibly fun.

I hate myself just a bit for pre ordering the game as BLOPS2 didn't have any DLC but ya know... Who knows?
:-(

By the way GAF bros. add my NN ID so we can play sometime. The_Joker1721

Yeah, I'll get it for the Wii U if I get it at all. BLOPS 2 was done very well and Treyarch is handling the Wii U version, so I'm sure it'll be good.

Piers

Considering it for my sister, though she and her bf are confident that the amount of people online will be a genuine problem.

69wpm

Modern Warfare was fun on the Wii. I'm waiting on impressions and videos though, not risking getting some crappy port or castrated version with no dlc and other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom