• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's getting the Wii U version of COD Ghosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Ying

Yeah, i never bought black ops 2 on the wiiu, so its gonna be my first cod on the console. Im an old fan of the series and wanted to get into bops 2, but by then ghosts was already announced and i thought it would be better to wait for the new one. I will get the japanese version.

It was a viable alternative to mouse/keyboard at that time, but it's a shame hardly anybody embraced a new, better alternative.

Also out of curiosity, why are so many people's decisions contingent upon whether there's an eshop version?

COD is my quick multiplayer fix. Play a few matches, then go do or play something else. Swapping disks every bloody time = no no no

JoV

Maybe. I want to grab something to go along with Mario World, but am leaning more towards AC4 at the moment.

Depends how good the single player content for this is. Not great I am imagining, but will see.

Yagharek

I have little to no intention of getting into multiplayer, but if impressions of the single player campaign and controls are good then I will give it a go.

One thing that you have to say is that Activision were one of the few studios who actually made an effort on Wii, and if Treyarch are doing the Wii U port then it may bode well for wiimote controls.

And if its really good then I may dip my toes into multi.

Weng

Had a lot of fun with the BO2 Multiplayer and Zombies Mode on Wii U (my first COD btw) and even found some friends to regularly play with. Also Wii Remote controls. I'll probably buy Ghosts after christmas (if it doesn't suck^^).

Malvingt2

Awesome to see another CoD Wii/Wii U Veteran.

1. Will the Wii U version be releasing alongside the PS3/360 versions on November 5th? - Yes!

2. Will Wiimote sniper scope aiming be like in MW3 Wii? Cos that was the best of all the Wii/Wii U COD games. BO2's Wiimote scoping I had trouble with. - Play it on the 5th and let me know what you think.

3. Is the Wii U version ported up from the PS3/360 ones, or down from the PS4/Xbox One ones? - It's not that cut and dry. We developed the Wii U version to deliver the best experience it could be on the Wii U.

4. I swear I'm not being a douche, (I really appreciate the work you guys do) I'm just honestly curious; what part of the development process takes nearly a year of work if you guys have the Wiimote stuff mostly established from previous titles and Infinity Ward make the assets? - there's a lot of work to be done. Not everything translates perfectly. Our first Wii U title was made from Treyarch code. This one is IW's code, so that needed to be readied for the Wii U. That's a lot of it. Then there's GamePad support, Wii Remote adjustments, optimizations and more. While the Wii U is technically considered a port, we don't approach it that way. We work hard to develop an experience that is catered to our unique audience. For example, no other platform supports this many controllers. I'm happy we chose to stick with the Wii Remote for the Wii U. It is a controversial subject on these forums, and I understand why.

5. Why was Ghosts for Wii U not announced until a few months ago? - Treyarch doesn't control those things, that's Activision, so I can't speak to that.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200787850?start=60&tstart=0#.UnJ7pnBwrrQ

A_Trey_U is trying his best to tell us more about this version

guek

Banned
If I do, I'll be getting it over the ps4 version for off-tv. Friend and I had a ton of fun with that. I won't better until dlc gets confirmed though

Exile20

I am so freaking tempted to pick this up.

I an not done TW101, about two hours in WWHD, still have to start Pikmin 3, just bought Wii Party U and Mario 3d World is next month along with Wii Fit U and Wii Sports Club.

oh and I want Assassins Creed 4 also
Help, I am really in over my head. I wish the Wii U had less games. Just too many games.

Pociask

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200787850?start=60&tstart=0#.UnJ7pnBwrrQ

A_Trey_U is trying his best to tell us more about this version

I feel bad for Treyarch. They do yeoman's work on these titles, and Activision does their best to destroy any interest - refusing to announce Wii / Wii U versions, refusing to show any media, etc. etc. At least they're getting steady work, I guess. But the other thing about that is - how does Reggie let Activision get away with that? Doesn't this call for taking some names?

I am so freaking tempted to pick this up.

I an not done TW101, about two hours in WWHD, still have to start Pikmin 3, just bought Wii Party U and Mario 3d World is next month along with Wii Fit U and Wii Sports Club.

oh and I want Assassins Creed 4 also
Help, I am really in over my head. I wish the Wii U had less games. Just too many games.

And you don't know how I feel. I want almost every game coming out, they all seem worth our money.

I have money for SM3DW, Fit Meter + Free Wii Fit U and another game ?????.

What should I get?
Cheap NFSMWU + Batman AC
TW101
TLoZ WW HD (never played the original)
Pikmin 3
Rayman Legends
Splinter Cell
Deus Ex HR
Batman AO
AC 4
CoD Ghosts
Wii Party U

at least if next year there is a drought I have plenty to pick up.

Effect

I feel bad for Treyarch. They do yeoman's work on these titles, and Activision does their best to destroy any interest - refusing to announce Wii / Wii U versions, refusing to show any media, etc. etc. At least they're getting steady work, I guess. But the other thing about that is - how does Reggie let Activision get away with that? Doesn't this call for taking some names?

I have appreciated what Treyarch has done with Call of Duty on Nintendo hardware over the years. Especially in the face of what Activision itself has done. I still remember the Modern Warfare Reflex back of the box situation. I trust them to deliver a well done version of the game. I don't really feel this way about other third party developers/publishers outside of Ubisoft (Red Steel 2, Dawn of Discovery, ZombiU, AC3/4, etc).

I wish the Wii U version was getting pre-order content. I would feel better about the purchase if it was.

StevieP

Banned

Reggie's dollars don't line the pockets of Kotick, because they don't take a percentage of any money from their non-existent online revenue. No money in Kotick's pockets from a percentage of online fees like other platforms, no acknowledgement of product until last minute, perhaps?

Aiustis

I'm on the fence about it. I want to try it, but I've never played a CoD game. I really want to see how it is though so I might eventually pick it up.

I'm on the fence about it. I want to try it, but I've never played a CoD game. I really want to see how it is though so I might eventually pick it up.

No matter what people say it is the best pick up and play MP game out there. It is my go to MP game right now.

Does Black Ops 2 still have a pretty strong online community for Wii U?

I play always very late and there are like 1000 online, I guess during the day it gets better. TDM matches are guaranteed, some other modes take a lot of time or are impossible.

prag16

Banned
Does Black Ops 2 still have a pretty strong online community for Wii U?

Depends on what you mean by "strong". In the hey day, it used to pull over 4,000 people no sweat at peak times (which is still obviously minuscule compared to PS360). It still goes over 2,000 at peak times now, and can drop below 1000 off-peak.

As was said above, TDM is ALWAYS fully playable. HCTDM, KC, Dom, FFA are usually also playable. Outside of those modes you'll find tough sledding.

Hoping Ghosts will be better.

Effect

All I want to know is will we get DLC.

I've always wondered if this killed the the further adoption of Black Ops 2 on the Wii U. I do think it did to be honest. For the Wii's entire life we didn't get DLC but it was understood why. People accepted it. When it came to the Wii U there was nothing stopping it. There is nothing stopping it when it comes to the system. To see a repeat of what was happening on the Wii might have been the final straw for those that were big into CoD on the Wii. I would not be surprised if a decent number of people decided to get a lower priced PS3 or 360 instead of a Wii U when the time came. The lack of DLC, no change in policy from the Wii to Wii U, being the tipping point as they might have gone either way. How many this might be is debatable. It might be a difference of instead of a max of 3000 or 4000 there could be a max of 10K or 20K or more given what the Wii CoD numbers averaged as those that played that were really into it.

I really want to know myself as it's one more thing that factors into my purchase.

gemoran4

Do we know if the Wii U version will be at least 720p? What resolution was Black Ops 2 on Wii U?

I think it was the same resolution as the 360/ps3. There's a rumor floating around that Ghosts will actually be 1080p on the Wii U (but using 360/ps3 assets)

VanWinkle

I think it was the same resolution as the 360/ps3. There's a rumor floating around that Ghosts will actually be 1080p on the Wii U (but using 360/ps3 assets)

Okay, well if the last one was sub-720p, I don't see how this could suddenly be 1080p. I would say there is a 99.999% chance that 1080p will not be there. I'd love to eat crow on that, though. I will be surprised if it's even 720p, though that's a heck of a lot more likely.

no patches with blops 2? I'm up for ghosts, but i hope it's properly supported even if doesn't get dlc.

yes, it received a patch.

I don't care for DLC either. I bought the KZ2 DLC and ended up not even playing the game, but for people that care you are better served elsewhere.

Berg

Why is it that wiimote users get called noobs so much? I actually dislike when i get the final kill cam because i have to prepare for the incoming noob-wiimote-user wave.

BLOPS 2 had patches up until March/April...then they stopped.
Is there something that needs patched/balanced? I haven't ran into anything that, in my opinion, needs patched.

popeutlal

Why is it that wiimote users get called noobs so much? I actually dislike when i get the final kill cam because i have to prepare for the incoming noob-wiimote-user wave.
Because wiimote users are all terrible at this game.
Is there something that needs patched/balanced? I haven't ran into anything that, in my opinion, needs patched.
Wii U never got the snipers or AK nerfs, among other things.

Disguises

I have appreciated what Treyarch has done with Call of Duty on Nintendo hardware over the years. Especially in the face of what Activision itself has done. I still remember the Modern Warfare Reflex back of the box situation. I trust them to deliver a well done version of the game. I don't really feel this way about other third party developers/publishers outside of Ubisoft (Red Steel 2, Dawn of Discovery, ZombiU, AC3/4, etc).
Agreed. It's hard for me not to buy the Wii U version because of this history with CoD on Nintendo consoles. I completely appreciate the support from Treyarch all the way from World at War on Wii. Sure hope I can competitively snipe using Wii Remote in this one - only reason why I didn't use Wii Remote all the time in BO2.

Because wiimote users are all terrible at this game.
Nope ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO2EyYZ4eNY

If they fixed the Cursor Stability bug that BO2 had, yeah, I'll be there, day 2.
Day 1 depending on how fast it's confirmed on the bug.

popeutlal

I don't thing thats it, if your serious.... I have a 2.5 k/d and am usually top scorer on SnD. IMHO it takes more skill to be good at Wiimote aiming, than to be good at analog
I've played this game for 9 months, never once came accross a good wiimote player, but I never play SnD.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm part of the problem

IF I'm gonna play a COD (or any shooter) it's gonna be with m/kb if I can choose :|

Also, isn't activision kinda cheap with their dlc on wii u versions?

Probably going to look the worst among the current gen with worse framerates.

Might be fun for single player only because off off-tv play assuming it has it.

For multiplayer, no way.

I play SnD. Wiimote. I'm okay, but there's someone I play with often who's consistently at the top of the leaderboards with Wiimote.

Anyway, looking forward to Search and Rescue. I really hope the Wii U community is big enough to try out that game mode.

Exile20

Probably going to look the worst among the current gen with worse framerates.

Might be fun for single player only because off off-tv play assuming it has it.

For multiplayer, no way.

You basing this framerate on what exactly?

And why wouldn't it have off tv play?

and what is wrong with multiplayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom