• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are PSP titles on PSN still so damn expensive?

krae_man

There's lots of stuff that was put up on PSN then forgotten about.

Sony could really stand to hound publishers to do stuff with their back catelog or work into the contracts something like "after a game is X years of age or older, we can discount it however we like" so they can do almost store wide sales like Steam.

Gungnir has been, and will probably remain, €19.99 on the store. Has never been on sale too. So I decided to pick it up at that price after some debate. Fantastic TRPG, no regrets whatsoever. As for other games, I guess it's up to the publishers.

Was on sale in the NA store back in March. I realize you were very likely talking about the EU store but figured I'd make it clear.

I've built up a decent sized digital PSP library sticking strictly to sales. Stuff goes up very regularly it is just most people are focused on PS4 games and the likes so it doesn't get a ton of notice.

Tevious

I think the more obvious answer is that publishers just forget about these kinds of titles because they don't provide enough revenue for them to care. So they just sit there at the same price for years. Maybe occasionally going on sale if Sony get's their permission, but then goes right back to the old price because they can't be bothered to adjust the price themselves.

So they can get a boost when there's a sale. If the game is cheap all the time people are like "I'll pick it up later", but stick it in a sale and people dash to buy because people are stupid.
Steam has built their entire business model on this human weakness.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
They all go down in price during sales. I bought the 3rd Birthday and Tactics Ogre LUCT for $19.99. Dissidia 012 was still up in price.

On a sale you can grab them for real cheap.

We just need more of them and more PS1 games. Sony has to see our need for more of their library.

Tough to manage hundreds of old games. They should simplify things and just say here's a 30% off PSP game coupon code that applies to everything in your cart. Sony can do this without publisher approval.

Famassu

I remember buying P3P for like $20

It's a travesty but it's whatever maybe one day they will realize how bad some prices are
It's more of a travesty that entitled whiners like you think 20$ for a quality product like P3P is somehow a travesty.

nakedeyes

Banned
I feel like your whole argument is flawed. Class of Heroes 2 only hit the US PS store on June 2, 2015. I don't know why you would expect a steep discount on it.

In general, there are fewer/worse sales than something like steam. But I also think they have more than XBONE/WiiU eStores. TitS was on sale the other week for 10$!! 20 hours in now, I feel like that was an amazing deal. I bet if you wait it out for a while, CoH2 will go on sale as well ( again it sounds like? ).

Top Bottom