• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why MikeWorks why?!

DMczaf

I got this popup from MSN Messenger XBL Alert

6/26/2004 9:37:59 PM GMT-UTC
Mike Works is playing Driver 3.

crying.jpg

urgh

I think I should jump back into the videogame website writing community for a one time only thing and write a review for this

"game"

THIS DUDE IN THE HOTEL JUST RANDOMLY SHOT ME IN THE FACE FOR NO REASON

AniHawk

Mike Works said:
urgh

I think I should jump back into the videogame website writing community for a one time only thing and write a review for this

"game"

THIS DUDE IN THE HOTEL JUST RANDOMLY SHOT ME IN THE FACE FOR NO REASON

That'll teach you to rent Driv3r.

Or are you talking about in the game?

signet

Played it at work last night for 30 mins on the PS2. In that 30 mins, I fell through the world 3 times, countless times I ended up sitting in air instead of my car when I hit L1, and even go stuck in a permanent belly flop after I flew off a motorcycle(had to restart to regain movement). Great game! 10/10!!

boutrosinit said:
Maybe you drank tap water. It makes people DUMB.
Well I had just rented Psi Ops, so I was more in the mood for a driving game than another shooter. I really enjoyed Stuntman more than others, and despite all the terrible reviews, I was hearing that DRIV3R was quite similar to Stuntman in regards to physics, segmented missions, and such.

But man, just... man.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Mike Works said:
Well I had just rented Psi Ops, so I was more in the mood for a driving game than another shooter. I really enjoyed Stuntman more than others, and despite all the terrible reviews, I was hearing that DRIV3R was quite similar to Stuntman in regards to physics, segmented missions, and such.

But man, just... man.

Yeah, I hear ya. I liked Stuntman too. Played Driv3r today in a shop. I liked the feel of the cars, but not enough to ignore the crappy shooting and dumb design. I don't like the ghost-town vibe either. There's NO-ONE else on the road?!?!?

Dude. Take that shit back now and get Riddick. You won't feel an ounce of regret.

boutrosinit said:
Yeah, I hear ya. I liked Stuntman too. Played Driv3r today in a shop. I liked the feel of the cars, but not enough to ignore the crappy shooting and dumb design. I don't like the ghost-town vibe either. There's NO-ONE else on the road?!?!?

Dude. Take that shit back now and get Riddick. You won't feel an ounce of regret.
I never doubted that Riddick was a good game and DRIV3R would be a shit one. I just hoped I could find enough redeeming qualities to enjoy it.

That hope was dashed when I made a cop go flying off into the distance by- wait for it-... getting into a parked car.

Riddick will be the next game I rent.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'm playing Riddick right now. Hopped onto my friends list and saw Mike playing Driv3r and laughed for about a minute straight.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Mike Works said:
That hope was dashed when I made a cop go flying off into the distance by- wait for it-... getting into a parked car.

That's fucking *genius*. Btw, if you want a fun driving-based game, check out Starsky and Hutch. Seriously. Crazy Taxi car-dodging and stunts mixed with piss-easy shooting. I had a lot of fun with it.

boutrosinit said:
That's fucking *genius*. Btw, if you want a fun driving-based game, check out Starsky and Hutch. Seriously. Crazy Taxi car-dodging and stunts mixed with piss-easy shooting. I had a lot of fun with it.
Really? I think I may just play Burnout 1 until Burnout 3 comes out.

No renting that sucker, got that game pre-ordered in full.

You fools are going down!

Top Bottom