• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wife of restaurant owner facing deportation now regrets voting for Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seventh

It would be kind of fascinating to interview people several years from now who voted against their own self interest and ended up getting screwed. I wonder what kind of lesson, if any, people like her are going to learn from events like this.

....they're not going to learn anything are they?

Nephtis

hahahahahah

she can get fucked

Not gonna lie, I love seeing shit like this biting people right in the ass. They didn't vote for him because it was the right thing to do - they did it because they thought they were safe and wanted to screw everyone else.

Good riddance.

danm999

It would be kind of fascinating to interview people several years from now who voted against their own self interest and ended up getting screwed. I wonder what kind of lesson, if any, people like her are going to learn from events like this.

....they're not going to learn anything are they?

They'll pretend they don't remember.

hahahahahah

she can get fucked

Not gonna lie, I love seeing shit like this biting people right in the ass. They didn't vote for him because it was the right thing to do - they did it because they thought they were safe and wanted to screw everyone else.

Good riddance.

This. They dont care about what happens to others as long as they are fine. Now hey are getting a rude wake up call and are starting to regret voting for him because it is affecting them. So they can fuck off for all i care. You reap what you sow.

Jotaka

Hr18D8q.jpg

I'm a pretty empathetic person, but I don't feel any empathy for the wife. The husband I kind of do but seriously it's amazing to read of these stupid people.

What did they think was going to happen?

And the hilarious thing is if she didn't vote for Trump, she wouldn't have voted at all.

wildfire

Banned
hahahahahah

she can get fucked

Good riddance.

Why?

We're getting screwed with her. Only difference is we tried to avoid it.

Losing to this clown and his ilk sucks.

hahahahahah

she can get fucked

Good riddance.

How dare you, sir, have you no empathy?

But seriously, you're exactly right. If this exact same situation was happening to someone else and not them, this woman would be applauding this move. See, that's one of those bad hombres, they had it coming.

sirap

Centrists on gaf keep telling me I have to empathize with Trump voters and accept them with open arms when they feel remorse. "They're not all racists," they say. "It's economic anxiety...rust belts..."

Try as I might, I just can't understand these fools.

Gonna repost this shit for every stupid ass Trump voter regretting their choice.

cdyhybrid

Can't wait for all the think pieces that will be written in a year about how Trump voters were the biggest victims as the country crashes and burns around us.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
There are a lot of dumb people out there. A lot.

I honestly don't know how seemingly so many go by with such minimal or non-existent ability for logic and critical thinking, but it does appear to be quite common.

We broke the survival of the fittest.

Can't wait for all the think pieces that will be written in a year about how Trump voters were the biggest victims as the country crashes and burns around us.

And I'll be right there to point, laugh, and make sure history books remembers them as the biggest idiots to grace this country.

I get that some people wanted a change (especially economically) but voting for a businessman who's filed bankruptcy multiple times? Really?

As a non-American, that is what astonishes me more. I mean, I also get that one can be excited for the perspective of change, something new, but Trump? I guess that from a politics point of view he is a kind of outsider, even though he has been around for a while pestering Obama, but damn, to expect that a millionaire from NYC will be the champion of the common man against Wall Street seems a bit far-fetched to me

how exactly were Trump's policies supposed to help the economy anyway? he had and still has no plan.

the stupidity of people never ceases to astound me.

andthebeatgoeson

He's actually a lot dumber. He's the Mexican who's here illegally and yet the story makes clear that they both supported Trump. Yeah try as I may I really can't muster up any sympathy.
Yeah, he cosigned her bullshit. The closest person to this lady and he didn't object to her ideas? He probably was encouraged by her history.

Negator

How fucking dumb are these people? Like, not even as an insult. How dumb do you have to be to do this to yourself?

man, what a fucking op, she is so fucking hypocrite been an illegal herself at some point in her life.
YouPlayedYourselfGreekSubs.gif

and yes, fuck both of them, they both voted trump. and what the hell "change" means coming from a US with Obama to the current one? is stability a bad thing? do they like to live in a shitshow?

That's probably her projection, her way to not feel as guilty as she actually should.

I don't think so. If the husband was truly in disagreement this would have been shit you'd argue and fight about. No one would go and say "we were happy he became president."

This is not at all even unique though. My neighbors are a white and asian couple. The Asian wife wears her Trump hat proudly just like her old white husband.

Vuze

hahahahahah

she can get fucked

Good riddance.
This so much. No sympathy at all for these fools. How gone you gotta be lmao

Sometimes I really wonder how certain people get by.

Ac30

how exactly were Trump's policies supposed to help the economy anyway? he had and still has no plan.

the stupidity of people never ceases to astound me.

He'd deregulate everything and Adam Smith would rise from the grave and invisible hand us a new post-war economy.

VariantX

The amount of contortions and cartwheels that couple must have done mentally to even entertain the idea that Trump getting elected wouldn't affect them. Lots of people going to be coming out of the wood work slowly realizing they've shot themselves in the foot trying to make sure other groups of people get screwed.

Are Liberals stil supposed to feel sympathy because all I can feel is trying to suppress schaudenfreude

I'll take it further by adding that as liberals, it's like we get castigated whenever we show any trace of empathy toward a given marginalized group, but are then expected to become sjw's for downtrodden conservatives who either fall on hard times, or feel like they've fallen on hard times. And I'm not even citing the married couple in the NYT article.

Honestly, I don't know why we allow ourselves to be typecasted into one particular mold. We're not all lovey dovey hippies. We're an assorted lot, and some of us -- like myself -- can sometimes be prone to mood swings and what not.

It's like we're not allowed to be forceful when the situation calls for it. I think back to Hillary Clinton's infamous "basket of deplorables" from last fall. Well, what other word best describes those who either wave off or outright justify racist or misogynistic practices from a man who has a prolific record spanning decades? What would have been the preferred term to use, "band of nobles"? Maybe in this brave new world of alternative facts, I suppose. It was an explicit, unflattering term, but at least it was apt, unlike how conservatives have made it a regular practice of taking otherwise benign terms and poisoning them to the point of reducing them to put down and insults.

I just don't see the point in expecting liberals to grow a heart when conservatives expect us to. Fuck them. You get what you give. While I do feel that liberals should at least aspire to be better people, we shouldn't allow ourselves to be castigated for not necessarily measuring up to a Martin Luther King Jr..

Again, I speak as a liberal who grew up on a steady diet of ribald pop culture such as Benny Hill, Married....with Children, Sam Kinison, and the Howard Stern Show.

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

So she was herself once an illegal immigrant.
Her husband literally told her this is what was going to happen if Trump won.
She literally used the term "bad hombres"

I don't even...

Can't add much to anything that hasn't already been said. She wanted so desperately to be superior and to fuck over the people she saw as lesser and didn't realize as she was throwing people off a cliff someone was right behind her ready to pitch her ass over too. No empathy. You wanted hatred and you got it in spades.

My mom has this same mentality as an African immigrant who believes she's better than black Americans and votes GOP. No doubt it's already bitten her in the ass multiple times and will continue to do so unless she decides to change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom