• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii-U - Amazon listing UK prices and launch date

dc89

In various retail head offices they are all calling each others bluff now and waiting to see who commits to a price first.

slider

Dates, with regards to Japan at least, are surprising.

OP, I know it's all a bit sketchy but could you put something in about pricing? Maybe just a quote from the link?

EDIT: OP is a step ahead... :(

First into the fray was Amazon, asking for just £199 for the basic model, while *********** has jumped in with a £279.85 price tag for the premium bundle.

It's going to be $499AUD, I can feel it ;_;

*imports*

Carbonox

Better than I thought, though I have no interest in the basic version. Take it the Deluxe will be 50 quid more then.

I'm only interested in this damn thing now cos of Bayonetta 2. :( The Wonderful 101 is of interest to me as well.

Yup, another garbage news article from Eurogamer.

i got my hopes up that it was going to be £199.99. it's the price point i've been hoping for since they announced the console and would guarantee me buying it day one with 2 games and a controller.

Yup, another garbage news article from Eurogamer.

Eurogamer is really going down the tubes. Their iOS game article on those EA screenshots was utterly ridiculous.

@Blazingdarkness, they might - I have a feeling thats how their pricing the basic model, but they didn't have the page set up and were busy working on it. 'White Version' was not a very good description.

JordanKZ

This is going to be a game of "blink first" and then we'll see the insane price drops come in as each company attempts to best another. Expect the first lot of prices in a few hours.

The_Lump

Banned
It was on for £199 as the conference started. I snapped up a preorder before it disappeared :p

as I'm in the channel islands....mines costing me £167 :D bwahaha!

Assuming they honour it this time.....

They deleted it because of price matching.

In the next few days we should know what retailers are going to suggest for price.
It was on for £199 as the conference started. I snapped up a preorder before it disappeared :p
as I'm in the channel islands....mines costing me £167 :D bwahaha!
99% sure they will not honor it, sadly for you.

Bradach

So the main difference between the 2 versions is the internal memory, is that right? Have they said if an external drive can be connected through USB?

liger05

Day 1 for me no doubt. After seeing the US price I was thinking £299 for the deluxe model but £279 is fantastic!!

Frillen

Norwegian GAF: Almost had a heart attack when I saw CDON had the premium pack at 4499 kr. But then they have the basic pack at the same price, so I guess it's a place holder?

mocoworm

Ben Parfitt from mvc.co.uk is saying on his twitter:

Ben Parfitt @BenParfitt 12m
Early pricing for Premium varies between £250 and £280. With the Basic hovering between £200 and £220. Not bad.

That wold likely mean £200 at the supermarkets on launch day. That, for me, was Ninty’s minimum requirement and they’ve done it. Good work.

Early pricing for Premium varies between £250 and £280. With the Basic hovering between £200 and £220. Not bad.

That wold likely mean £200 at the supermarkets on launch day. That, for me, was Ninty’s minimum requirement and they’ve done it. Good work.

Please be true!
£199 is an excellent launch price

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Price is crazy bad. But Bayonetta 2. Fuck. I'm fucked. I'm losing my shit. Help me GAF.

Ammish

Banned
What's Amazon like for launch day deliveries?

Tempted to put the cash down on premium now

Be expected to either have a Amazon Prime account or pay for express delivery. Otherwise even on standard delivery, you get it a day later. My experience from purchasing a game from Amazon UK.

C'mon. Let it be TRUEEEEEE.

Welcome to Rip-Off Britain. We pay through the nose for hardware (though we make up for it in software and bomba prices)

I hate to tell you... we pay about $80 equivalent for new games.

Top Bottom