• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Browser Screenshot Thread

Courtesy of The Boat and NateDrake from the MK8 Info thread

ibhc3vizcgqNFH.jpg

ibfadvbgbHYywL.jpg

iLaTYPVfIrqJR.jpg

ibe0RWu4gJXYF5.jpg

CW6xE1i.jpg

2t42ucn.jpg

bu88o3X.jpg

x4nV0PI.jpg

Robin64

I'm getting pretty worried.

They keep saying Mario Kart 8 is 1080p, but all the screenshots I've been seeing have been 720p. Hope this isn't an "output at 1080p" vs "native 1080p" issue.

All Wii U shots are saved at 1280 x 720.

Having said that, though, Mario Kart 8 is defintely 720p and not 1080p like some places have said.

I'm getting pretty worried.

They keep saying Mario Kart 8 is 1080p, but all the screenshots I've been seeing have been 720p. Hope this isn't an "output at 1080p" vs "native 1080p" issue.

Who keeps saying it's 1080p? As far as I know, only Eurogamer said that like a month ago. Everyone else has said it's 720p/60fps, and all released screenshots have been 720p.

I finally played some Mario Kart 8 at my buddies house. The game looks gorgeous just the lack of anti-aliasing really bothers me. I wonder if they even tried to do something like FXAA which wont compromise the FPS that much. But the game sure is a lot of fun!

Blues1990

I'm unsure if this thread is still used for posting Wii U screenshots, but here are some that I had taken from Xenoblade Chronicles X's Character Creation creator:

K5dBhAd.jpg

Wgh5oFa.jpg

gZXpEk8.jpg

BratmanDu

This seems like the best place to ask - what are folks using to upload images from wiiU now - I always used imgur but their site has had a revamp and it seems unable to accept wiiU browser uploads now. It was one of the only sites that wasn't blocked in my work. I emailed imgur and they said to use m.imgur.com but the wiiU browser redirects to the desktop site automatically. Only google images would function in work - any luck getting screenshots onto that? Shame miiverse shrinks the pics.

This seems like the best place to ask - what are folks using to upload images from wiiU now - I always used imgur but their site has had a revamp and it seems unable to accept wiiU browser uploads now. It was one of the only sites that wasn't blocked in my work. I emailed imgur and they said to use m.imgur.com but the wiiU browser redirects to the desktop site automatically. Only google images would function in work - any luck getting screenshots onto that? Shame miiverse shrinks the pics.

abload.de is the best for uploading, as it works good on the WiiU Browser and it uploads uncompressed.

BratmanDu

Thanks, will try that. Blocked in work though. I like using my screenshots as a screensaver. Guess I'll have to email to myself or something.

Phoenixus

Cookie for whomever uploads shots of Tokyo Mirage Sessions first. That game has some damn good looking scenes.

I'd do it myself but don't have access to my Wii U for a while. :/

Roo

Eh - I don't speak german, any other good ones?
There's also another issue.
When you upload any image to abload.de it almost always gives you the link with a massive pop up from random stuff that will cover the links section until you close it or it disappears.

It's not really an issue if you only upload one or two screenshots at once but if you plan on doing a bunch in a regular basis it will get annoying really fast.

Top Bottom