• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U hack - Multiple N64 games played via VC Wii U

Pokemaniac

Someone who undertsands the technical intricacies of emulation explain to me why it's so damn dark

This video was especially dark because the person who made it applied a darkening filter themselves.

If you're wondering why VC is dark in general, it's because Nintendo applies a post-processing filter to the output of the games. The leading theory for why they do this is concerns about epilepsy.

TunaLover

This video was especially dark because the person who made it applied a darkening filter themselves.

If you're wondering why VC is dark in general, it's because Nintendo applies a post-processing filter to the output of the games. The leading theory for why they do this is concerns about epilepsy.
He posted about the darkness problem

Mathew_Wi
"It came out dark because of the settings I had in Sony Vegas. :/ I'll have another video showcasing more tonight/tomorrow morning."

TunaLover

Ah, I see. What's the difference between Nintendo N64 games and 2nd/3rd party ones? A rom is a rom, right? Aside from glitches here and there and performance issues, depending on the rom? Not my field of expertise, so no idea, if I have the basics right...
Each VC game has its own "emulator" included, but it's not universal, it's created to bridge the old N64 with current hardware, so every VC has its own emulator (base), certain third party games are not possible to inject, probably have specific code that the base cannot handle.

And I may remember this wrong, but didn't the Wii method allow people to have a non official rom fixed on the home screen? That is not possible yet with this method, right?
Yes, it uses the same method.

Top Bottom