• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U HOMEBREW Discussion Thread [exploits/apps/games/stuff]

Madao

does anyone know if there's a size limit for the N64 emulator?

i've tried injecting the F-Zero X + Expansion Kit rom with no sucess but the vanilla F-Zero X rom does work when injected under the same conditions. the only difference is that the EK rom is 4x the size, which puts it at 2x the size of the current biggest N64 games on VC.

if someone could make that one work, i'd be very happy. you'll have to use google to find the rom for obvious reasons but the solution could be posted here if anyone finds one.

marmoka

Banned
How long does it take dumping DS game files from Wii U to PC? I get this message in the command window:

Open file: c:/wiiu/vol/content/0010/data/strings/usa_pt/strings.json
Read file 20 kb loaded with 183.486 kb/s
Open file: c:/wiiu/vol/content/0010/rom.zip
Read file 7564 kb loaded with 496.000 kb/s

It's been like this for 30 minutes. Is this normal?

Thanks!

How fast are transfer rates using DDD? I'm dumping MK8 right now and I'm averaging just over 210 kbs/sec. Feel like it could be faster, but I wouldn't know what settings to change.

This is incredibly interesting. As someone who only really got into PS4 gaming when the Vita TV remote play really took off at 60fps, I've got super used to my digital PS+ library allowing me to sit on my ass and play all my different games.

My Wii U is fully physical, the option of an SD with a load of my backed up games to play at the press of a button is absolutely going to get me back in the Nintendo camp. I'm a little wary of this exploit though. The main thing being this URL business. I'm more than happy to spend a week of evenings after work dumping all my disks - BUT if this 'loadiine' URL disappears after a few days I'm going to be pretty bummed out. What is the deal with this URL and is this the only way of doing it? IF this URL goes, what are our options?

Lucent

I changed the DNS settings (both primary and secondary) to the one suggested. Now I can't get on the Nintendo Store. Should I have left the secondary as 0.0.0.0?

I changed the DNS settings (both primary and secondary) to the one suggested. Now I can't get on the Nintendo Store. Should I have left the secondary as 0.0.0.0?

I think that's normal. If you want to go on the store, change your WiiU's DNS to auto, use the store, and then turn back on the DNS to manual to prevent updates again.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I can't seem to follow instructions well anymore. I had the homebrew working but decided to start afresh and now I'm getting a white screen when I load the webpage.

EDIT: Well I can load it now, but the GBA download isn't working. Nothing happens when I start Golden Sun. Have the titledumper.bat running under C:/WiiU with the right IP address set.

hlhbk

DDDs transfer rate is abysmal. Over a wired connection on a network I usually get 100 MB a second I only get 1 mb a second max through DDD. I wish you could fix it.

As far as manually bumping up the render scale of nds games, I'm guessing it's better for polygon based graphics? For example, I doubled the render scale for the Mega Man Zero Collection and the sprites just looked blurry.

Lucent

I think that's normal. If you want to go on the store, change your WiiU's DNS to auto, use the store, and then turn back on the DNS to manual to prevent updates again.

Ah ok. I guess you just gotta change the setting before you turn off the console. Kinda sucks they couldn't just have an option to turn off auto updates.

marmoka

Banned
Hi all,

I'm having problems with the Title Dumper. It just creates the folder "/vol/content", no "/vol/code". It starts dumping Brain Training to my PC, but it gets stuck after downloading "rom.zip".

I have tried changing the content inside "rom.zip" with another NDS rom, but it doesn't work.

I need help. I don't know how to fix this. Is there an updated version of Title Dumper or DDD that fixes this?

Thanks!

KingWool

Banned
I can't seem to follow instructions well anymore. I had the homebrew working but decided to start afresh and now I'm getting a white screen when I load the webpage.

EDIT: Well I can load it now, but the GBA download isn't working. Nothing happens when I start Golden Sun. Have the titledumper.bat running under C:/WiiU with the right IP address set.

When you loaded DDD on the Wii U; you chose the correct IP address and hit X to go back to the Wii U main menu right?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
When you loaded DDD on the Wii U; you chose the correct IP address and hit X to go back to the Wii U main menu right?
Yes. I got it to work before, but accidentally backed out during the dumping process, so I started the process over.

One thing though I noticed: For Part 1 Step 6 of your guide, "Place the two files inside the PC folder into C:/WiiU", there are more than two files in the PC folder. I just put everything from the PC folder there.

EDIT: Seems like I got it. Does the command prompt say something or close when it's done?

Meesh

Got everything HB on my sd card but can't seem to back up Monster Hunter? I put in my own IP address on DDD, was this wrong?
I must be missing something...
Been racking my brain trying to figure this out...

andytjm

Neo Member
Got everything HB on my sd card but can't seem to back up Monster Hunter? I put in my own IP address on DDD, was this wrong?
I must be missing something...
Been racking my brain trying to figure this out...

My firewall didn't like DDD, have you tried turning yours off?

Meesh

My firewall didn't like DDD, have you tried turning yours off?
Yeah I'm running Norton and I've turned everything off with no success. It's weird... I'm dead positive I'm using my IP and everything...
Good lord what could I be doing wrong!?

andytjm

Neo Member
Yeah I'm running Norton and I've turned everything off with no success. It's weird... I'm dead positive I'm using my IP and everything...
Good lord what could I be doing wrong!?

Is it a disc game? Because pressing A wouldn't work for me but pressing X and loading the game in the system menu did.

Meesh

Is it a disc game? Because pressing A wouldn't work for me but pressing X and loading the game in the system menu did.
Nothing doing.... Am I missing something... Like is there supposed to be some files on the PC? The damn thing just won't jive,

andytjm

Neo Member
Nothing doing.... Am I missing something... Like is there supposed to be some files on the PC? The damn thing just won't jive,

Sorry, I don't know what the issue could be then. It sounds like your doing everything properly. Strange.

My Wii U can no longer connect to the internet if I use the DNS that blocks updates. Was working just an hour or two ago. Not sure what changed

I ran an nslookup since I suspected the DNS server was dead. It's working but it's ridiculously slow. It took about 20 seconds to get a response back. Probably your connections are just timing out.

You could try setting up an OpenDNS profile instead and block the domains you want -- it'd be way faster and never go down.

Needham

Sorry if I missed it somewhere in the thread, but how do I change the renderscale?

In the folder with the rom file there's a file called configuration_cafe.json. Open it up in wordpad or something, and at the bottom you'll find the following option "RenderScale": 1. Change the 1 to a 2. Only works for DS games.

Les

Banned
apparently the tubehax dns is down at the moment, but this one I found on reddit works too...same sort of deal, blocks ninty's updates but allows you to use youtube (unlike tubehax)

Set Primary DNS to 104.236.072.203
Set Secondary DNS to 104.236.072.203

beanman25

In the folder with the rom file there's a file called configuration_cafe.json. Open it up in wordpad or something, and at the bottom you'll find the following option "RenderScale": 1. Change the 1 to a 2. Only works for DS games.

Awesome, thanks so much man!

HorseFD

I ran an nslookup since I suspected the DNS server was dead. It's working but it's ridiculously slow. It took about 20 seconds to get a response back. Probably your connections are just timing out.

You could try setting up an OpenDNS profile instead and block the domains you want -- it'd be way faster and never go down.

OpenDNS is dangerous if your ISP dynamically assigns your IP address.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Bleh, I accidentally moved the files around on my Wii U SD card so I had to start over. Now I can't get Configurable USB Loader to work now (Hitting a road block with the IOS 248: can't install IOS 236 which is required) and Wii Flow doesn't recognize the wbfs folder on a partitioned HDD that worked with CFG USB Loader.

Robin64

So is 5.5.1 THE FIRMWARE or are there certain firmwares with certain functions which would be more beneficial to stay on if possible?

Well NWPlayer123 says "Note: if you are on 5.4.0 or below: STAY BELOW THAT THRESHOLD If you are on 5.5.0, update to 5.5.1 and commence the festivities"

But I think most of us in here are on 5.5.1 now?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
There's an update dropping for Smash 4 later tonight. Is it possible to update games without updating the system firmware, just in case a system update is on the horizon?

Top Bottom