• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U marketing materials starting to arrive at retail stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they just plain white boxes with that image on? Because that sucks... but I suppose it's a start.

Black is the right choice as a launch colour. It looks distinct from the old Wii, given that the majority of those sold are white.

Pharros

There are other threads for this kind of witty remarks. On other forums.

Witty? It's a simple deduction based on what we know. It's power/graphical capabilities are somwhere between the 360/PS3 and the Nextbox/PS4. That is all we know and I see no reason to believe otherwise. Either way I'd rather not even get into that discussion as it's not relevant to the topic really.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ok, it's real.

But the Nintendo Land promotion like that makes me think it's a standalone title. :(

WillyFive

ivBcL.jpg

Are Wario and Jordon just racing around the same store trying to take pictures?

RedSwirl

I don't think you can use that argument, the same was true for Gamecube/PS2 where the resolution output was the same (and the PS2 was considerably slower at loading). Nintendo simply have better technology in this area.

In case you haven't already gone over to the speculation thread I'm going to humor you for a minute.

Fast loading was really more a case of Nintendo's own game design than anything else. They were really good with that stuff in their own games and maybe some other Gamecube exclusives. I can name several examples of multiplatform games where the Gamecube version had terrible loading.

Witty? It's a simple deduction based on what we know. It's power/graphical capabilities are somwhere between the 360/PS3 and the Nextbox/PS4. That is all we know and I see no reason to believe otherwise. Either way I'd rather not even get into that discussion as it's not relevant to the topic really.

You got it.

ekim

Well... I'm tempted - a little bit at least. But I guess the initial price will be much too high. You would need an additional Wiimote + Nunchuk/Controller to play Nintendoland with others, won't you? That selection of input devices is confusing me.

(Early?)October launch seems all but confirmed. You don't start this early for a November launch in stores. On the other hand wtf if Nintendo Land is standalone

stuart

Banned
In case you haven't already gone over to the speculation thread I'm going to humor you for a minute.

Fast loading was really more a case of Nintendo's own game design than anything else. They were really good with that stuff in their own games and maybe some other Gamecube exclusives. I can name several examples of multiplatform games where the Gamecube version had terrible loading.

It's actually related to the types of optical discs they use. I own a few dozen Gamecube games and the loading is always fast, especially compared to the PS2 (I have played Prince of Persia on both consoles for example).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I still think it'll be a November release. BUT the fact the marketing materials are already arriving means Nintendo wants to be very big with Wii U. Aggressivity at its best, making people aware of it well before the official launch, good preparations, etc.etc.

WillyFive

It's actually related to the types of optical discs they use. I own a few dozen Gamecube games and the loading is always fast, especially compared to the PS2 (I have played Prince of Persia on both consoles for example).

It's a combination of many different decisions that went on the design of the system. The main feature of the discs themselves was that it circumvented piracy and gave Nintendo the ability to avoid paying licensing fees to the DVD forum.

Why are you all saying October? More like September confirmed. I mean it's still early August now.

Nah...they'd have have announced the price and release date by now if they planned to launch it next month.

And we'd be seeing commercials of it to boot.

Why are you all saying October? More like September confirmed. I mean it's still early August now.

Way too early. Early October launch with Nintendo Land, Just Dance, and Rayman Legends. NSMBU in November, and Pikimin 3 and P-100 in December

Why do we think it is October?

I don't think Nintendo has ever done in store advertising 3 months before hand. Besides there was the guy from Ubisoft saying Just Dance 3 would be launching on Wii U as one of the platforms in October.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ok, it's real.

But the Nintendo Land promotion like that makes me think it's a standalone title. :(

Thinking that Nintendo Land would be a pack-in is incredibly foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom