• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Wii U owners get the E3 demo of The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild?

ultrazilla

Gold Member
While there are numerous Zelda: BotW threads, I felt this would get buried in them.

Ever since seeing the playable demo of the game at E3, I've wondered if Nintendo would release it to Wii U owners? Heck, it could even be a timed trial with a few hours of playtime.

Just something to extend the goodwill to those Wii U owners who've stuck with the system and are salivating at getting a chance at playing the game. Surely, it *MUST* be on Nintendo's radar to be considering it?

Also, if you aren't a Wii U owner, would the playable demo of Zelda: BotW being made available to play prompt you to buy a system?

2836961-zeldadelay.jpg

DJIzana

I don't see it happening. I do wonder though, for Breath of the Wild, if they'd consider story DLC or post end game content?

Are they going to give out a demo to their unreleased open world game to owners of their completely cracked open system? Is that what you're asking?

Ninja Dom

I hope so. I only own a Wii U of the current consoles.

Anticipation is at fever pitch. I'm playing through Wind Waker HD to prepare me.

baphomet

First question, never going to happen.

Second, you'd have to be dense to buy a system for a demo full knowing it may be the final larger Wii U game made. If you've made it to the literal end of the system's lifespan and the existing games haven't been enough for you to buy a system, a demo sure as hell won't.

Red Hood

Banned
I'd prefer not. Some stuff here and there needs a little of that Nintendo polish (especially pop-in related), and I expect it to look even more slick in March next year. Playing through all of it now would be a disservice to its vision.

RPGCrazied

No, but it would have been a nice gesture considering their abysmal holiday this year. They could have made a special demo for the eShop. They just don't want to wast the time.

gardfish

I remember when Nintendo gave a Skyward Sword demo as a prize for something several weeks before the game's launch and the entirety of the script was datamined.

Ridley327

How do you 'datamine' something?

Was there any truth to the thread about someone at E3 downloading the demo to SD Card?

There wasn't, but since the Wii U has been blown wide open with homebrew, a demo would be combed through and a lot of stuff that Nintendo wouldn't want out in the open prior to the game's release. Given the whole concept of the game is to uncover things as you go along, this would be extraordinarily bad.

balgajo

Fuck man...
I read "Will Wii" from thread title as just "Wii" and jumped into the thread like crazy to know about the demo...XD

MisterHero

who cares about knowing all the digital information in the game

what are you prepared to do to acquire all 100 amiibo for this game

reminder

I don't own a Wii U and a demo wouldn't make me buy one, but I'll probably buy the NX with this game. Need more details about NX first though.

RPGCrazied

Make it a preorder bonus too, that could get a surge in sales. Don't under estimate a demo for a game that has been years coming.

ChaosXVI

Absolutely no chance in hell. It's a damn shame, but it's just not possible. If we're lucky maybe they'll do a Best Buy kiosk at some point.

dtm808

Not the e3 demo but they very well could give us a specially made demo and make sure to cut out hidden content people would obviously look for via data mining.

Social

Not the e3 demo but they very well could give us a specially made demo and make sure to cut out hidden content people would obviously look for via data mining.

no, this takes waaay too much time for then to do. Time they do not have.

Top Bottom