• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you end buying the new Series X Refresh ?

Will you buy the newly designed Series X ?

• Yes

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 417 86.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 31 6.4%

• Total voters

Hibs

I actually sold my Series X a few months ago. Simply do not play it compared to my PS5, and any exclusives I just grab on PC

Same here. Won't be trying again. Pretty much done now with Xbox as a brand. Tried three of the last few gens. Always the same result, sold after 6 months. Will keep game pass on pc for the time being but even that is wearing thin.

Add me to the list. I been with Xbox for 20 years, and I wouldn't say I was a fanboy, just had my friends there and loved the controller. I had a PS3 for Motorstorm/Killzone of course. But Xbox was my shit. I stayed with Xbox One during the debacle and skipped that gen of Sony completely (should have had more Motorstorm) but I spent 3 weeks hounding discords with my nephew trying to snag us a PS5 for Demon Souls remake and finally got one. The game was sick as I remembered and the graphics amazing. I sold it to him after beating it for less than cost. A month after the launch.

I had my Xbox one X and then the XSX and a 3080 to 4090 PC during all this. My Xbox was for my time invested into World of Tanks console and GTA V MP with my brother/nephew when we had time (which was never =(). Finally the realization hit Nov 2023 that I just never used it anymore, and I sold it for a good price before all the sales hit.

The games just never came. PC has just grown in access to other platform's games. So this long time Xbox dude will most likely skip it and maybe get the PS5 Pro if a game tickles my fancy. But PC it is.

Last edited:
if they ever release this bomba, it will be the death of xbox. unless its:

1- have the ability to buy external disk drive to be connected via USB C port or something
2- much cheaper.

Otherwise. it's going to be the complete death of the console.

Xbox Series X. with its all awesomeness., is struggling as its. making it worse is not helping.

Fuck I have the Halo infinite edition sealed still and I am just tempted to just fuck it and sell it.
Sell it. It now still has value. If MS goes downhill it will be nothing more then a LE paperweight.

//DEVIL//

Sell it. It now still has value. If MS goes downhill it will be nothing more then a LE paperweight.
I don't think MS is going downhill. They didn't spend 70 billion for that.

Also.. I am too lazy to deal with people trying to lowball me on this when I k ow it's value lol. I'll just wait I think. Don't really care about gaining or losing couple of 100s

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

I don't think MS is going downhill. They didn't spend 70 billion for that.

Also.. I am too lazy to deal with people trying to lowball me on this when I k ow it's value lol. I'll just wait I think. Don't really care about gaining or losing couple of 100s
If they want GamePass on Playstation, buying ABK would be the cheapest option if they want COD on GP.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I think I might for the wifi 6 and other latency upgrade features.
zQ01GW.gif

Krieger

If there is a Series X refresh, there would be 3 consoles from a single manufacture and every game releasing on these 3 consoles would need to have the same features (minus graphics), because of the parity rule. At this point, which 3rd party publisher would still release an Xbox version of their game? It would increase their workload for the console(s) with the smallest user base. Xbox would kill the 3rd party support for their consoles on their own.
I think Microsoft isn't that dumb to do this, probably.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
If there is a Series X refresh, there would be 3 consoles from a single manufacture and every game releasing on these 3 consoles would need to have the same features (minus graphics), because of the parity rule. At this point, which 3rd party publisher would still release an Xbox version of their game? It would increase their workload for the console(s) with the smallest user base. Xbox would kill the 3rd party support for their consoles on their own.
Exactly.
I think Microsoft isn't that dumb to do this, probably.
300px-Monkey_Puppet.jpg

JCK75

I won't buy any new console that does not have UHD Blu-ray playback.
I don't GAF about physical games, but I do about physical movies.

Matt_Fox

A while back I got a gaming laptop which I plug into the TV as if it were a console.

I'm afraid it's made the XSX redundant.

Why the hell would I ever do this? The only time I ever bought a 2nd console in the same gen (excluding my X1X, for obvious reasons) was the black 360, and that was only due to me getting hit with the RRoD on my first 360.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I'd actually consider an Xbox revision IF and only IF it has an NVME for expandable storage.

Got to the silliest reason ever to not buy a console, but ok. Even more silly when you think this probably isn't your primary console so storage would be even less of an issue, and that this revision has 2tb installed.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Got to the silliest reason ever to not buy a console, but ok. Even more silly when you think this probably isn't your primary console so storage would be even less of an issue, and that this revision has 2tb installed.
Huh? I already own an XSX.

Top Bottom