• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2012 Anime Thread of Roundcats Up in This

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I haven't watch any anime since Dragon Ball Z when I was 12, but I'd like to start watching some stuff as a supplement to my japanese studies. One of my housemates recommended me Full Metal Alchemist, but he generally has terrible taste in things so I'm seeking a second opinion from gaf. Is it a good show?

Yes, both the original anime and Brotherhood in different ways. I personally prefer the original, but there are differing opinions. Everyone does agree that the beginning of the original series is considerably superior to Brotherhood for the time they're covering the same manga material, so be sure to start with that one.

Jex

Yes that is another reason why I'm looking forward to it.

I really hope that the reason that Nisemonogatari is so inconsistent is because they're focusing their talent on the movie but its SHAFT, so who really knows whats going on in their offices.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yes, both the original anime and Brotherhood in different ways. I personally prefer the original, but there are differing opinions. Everyone does agree that the beginning of the original series is considerably superior to Brotherhood for the time they're covering the same manga material, so be sure to start with that one.

I've only watched Brotherhood, and I really enjoyed past the first 3 or so episodes, is the original really that much better in the beginning?

Jex

Maybe those other studios would actually leverage their talent into something exceptional rather than safe Disney Channel-esque pap.

Safe, but really well directed. That's fine by me! I still believe that one day KyoAni will feel like making something a bit more, well, daring, and then we'll all be in for a treat.

Branduil

The original show is quite good, but I'd recommend the remake, Brotherhood, if you're going to watch anything.

The best solution would be to watch the first half of the original anime before switching to Brotherhood, but unfortunately that doesn't completely work because of some changes in the first anime.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=35075351

tuxedosurf_zpsba65c367.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom