• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a survey of 1000 women, watching anime only ranks 8th as a hobby that turns women off a guy.

1. Idol otaku (6530 votes)
2. Figure otaku (2170 votes)
3. Pachinko (1668 votes)
4. Sewing (588 votes)
5. Horse racing (501 votes)
6. Poetry (475 votes)
7. Card collecting (I'm assuming this is Digimon or Pokemon or Magic) (392 votes)
8. Anime (359 votes)
9. Embroidery (307 votes)
10. Baking (125 votes)

We're not the most creepy after all!

http://ranking.goo.ne.jp/ranking/017/love_yH0qP6MVCTMM_all/
I'm surprised video game isn't in this list

Mature

In a survey of 1000 women, watching anime only ranks 8th as a hobby that turns women off a guy.

3. Pachinko (1668 votes)
4. Sewing (588 votes)
6. Poetry (475 votes)
7. Card collecting (I'm assuming this is Digimon or Pokemon or Magic) (392 votes)
8. Anime (359 votes)
10. Baking (125 votes)

It's alarming that there's enough "figure otaku" in existence to constitute it being on a list at all. Everything in moderation, Japan!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Wow the animation issues in Psycho-Pass 18 were worse than I thought. It was way worse than the QUALITY screenshots.

I almost spit out my drink when I saw several frames missing during an animation where Kogami puts a cigarette closer to his face. There was at least 4-5 more times where in between frames were missing.

Wooooooooooooooooow.

Branduil

There is AKB48 pachinko. That's the worst combination I could think of :lol

AKB48 figures with sewn-on embroidered clothing that come with collectible cards, horse racing ballots, poems, cake recipes, and are a matching set with the pachinko game. And there's an anime.

OceanBlue

Woah, it never occurred to me to look up the episode director for episode 14 of Hyouka! Based Yamada!

It's also really interesting to know that the color coordinator basically serves the same role as the animation director in overseeing coloring and that photography also refers to special effects and "digital image development".

zeroshiki

Woah, it never occurred to me to look up the episode director for episode 14 of Hyouka! Based Yamada!

It's also really interesting to know that the color coordinator basically serves the same role as the animation director in overseeing coloring and that photography also refers to special effects and "digital image development".

The cooking episode was Yamada? Wow, based Yamada indeed. Such a great episode.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
No, I mean, that's like saying girls who like science or math are ugly and not feminine. I'm baffled people think that way.

No argument against anime though. It's the worst thing ever.

Jintor

Sewing, embroidery, and baking on the list? Seriously? Fucking gender roles.

39772.jpg

Get bent, ya stupid list! Ain't no list gonna hold me down!!

zeroshiki

No, I mean, that's like saying girls who like science or math are ugly and not feminine. I'm baffled people think that way.

No argument against anime though. It's the worst thing ever.

Its not a surprise than given a big enough sample, it turns out females are shallow too.

Wow what the fuck I just watched FMA Brotherhood 14-16 and I'm wondering why I left off there, these episodes were fucking amazing and I love where the story is going.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Ryuuji could cook, bake, sew, and repair garments and he still had Taiga, Ami, and Minorin lusting over him. He also had no money and no plans to go to college. Breaking our preconceptions of desirable partner traits, or just lazy male fantasy?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Lol, it was hard to pick a picture for this week's avatar
So you're going to have four avatars for next month's theme? Nice.

Where would the best place to find material for the upcoming avatar month? I'd like to spend as little time possible trawling through terrible erotic fanfics of my favourite shows, possibly ruining my perception of them forever.
Cheer up a sad panda.

The only way to win is not to play.
Boooooo.

What's avatar month?
Must be 18+ to join.

I don't think I'm going to participate in the "lewd avatar" thing.
BOOOOOO.

Lewd avatars month? Guess I can join in too.
To be more specific, an avatar from a lewd doujin manga. THe avatar itself doesn't have to be lewd, just the source.

Jintor

Ryuuji could cook, bake, sew, and repair garments and he still had Taiga, Ami, and Minorin lusting over him. He also had no money and no plans to go to college. Breaking our preconceptions of desirable partner traits, or just lazy male fantasy?

Both. To be fair, those three appear to be the only girls he knows (apart from Those Two Girls in his class)

I was also thinking about how weird it must be for him not to have any kind of extended family whatsoever
aside from the near the end obviously

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
GaoGaiGar 2

OH MAN I'M GONNA HAVE A SEIZURE.

"It's that strange feeling again!" Yeah, that's just puberty, Mamoru. Holy cow the world of GGG is dark, what with ten year olds on dates to death matches.
Reposting episode 'guide'. If it feels slow, go ahead and skip around in eps after ninja robots until SHIT GOES DOWN. Enjoy the ride.

Also, how is everyone's LoGH episode count doing?
at307ZA.jpg

Articalys

You might not think their selections are the most notable examples, but ANN's weekly "The List" feature chose "anime projects that never saw the light of day due to cancellation" for the most recent installment. Among the six they mentioned were a 3DCG Mardock Scramble OVA (of course the series eventually became the current movie trilogy), a CG Gatchaman movie, a CG Appleseed TV series, and a TV anime adaptation of manga series Alive - The Final Evolution.

Anyone know of some other lesser-known cancelled anime that were swept under the rug?

Dresden

You might not think their selections are the most notable examples, but ANN's weekly "The List" feature chose "anime projects that never saw the light of day due to cancellation" for the most recent installment. Among the six they mentioned were a 3DCG Mardock Scramble OVA (of course the series eventually became the current movie trilogy), a CG Gatchaman movie, a CG Appleseed TV series, and an TV anime adaptation of manga series Alive - The Final Evolution.

Anyone know of some other lesser-known cancelled anime that were swept under the rug?

Lesser known? A few years ago, ZEXCS announced the Aruvu Rezuru anime, then later it was said to be an OVA, and in the end it just replaced Pierrot's entry for the Anime Mirai project. I guess it's not cancelled, but still, thought it was interesting.

Jintor

Lol Steve Blum was Vincent Valentine in the english dub. Lololololol.

haha and Beau Billingslea (Jet) was Barret. Lols

The audio mixing for the dub is way off. Doesn't blend well at all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sewing, embroidery, and baking on the list? Seriously? Fucking gender roles.

Sewing is a requirement if you are in the army. Guess they don't like men in uniform

Imagine how the iM@S (and now Love Live) fans must be feeling.

Edit: Not to mention AKB0048, lol.
AKN0048 has transcended anime. It is now up there with the works of Shakespeare.

I'm surprised video game isn't in this list
50% of the install base.

Grzi

Hunter X Hunter - 67

This really makes me want to play a nice old JRPG. I might even do that.
Still great, more people still need to start watching etc. etc.

Westlo

Hunter X Hunter - 67

This really makes me want to play a nice old JRPG. I might even do that.
Still great, more people still need to start watching etc. etc.

I watched from the start to the end of yorknew (48?) in like 5 days, got burnt out lol but yeah awesome shit. Have the itch to start greed island now though.. especially since there's a lot of episodes I can cut through.

I still got to watch the o.g series as well..

firehawk12

Subete no aware

3. Pachinko (1668 votes)
4. Sewing (588 votes)
6. Poetry (475 votes)
8. Anime (359 votes)
10. Baking (125 votes)

http://ranking.goo.ne.jp/ranking/017...qP6MVCTMM_all/

So, maybe embroidery is "weird" because Japan is heteronormative... but baking? Really?

[Space Brothers] 45

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks Sharon is a total hottie, right?
Given how when she's first introduced, she's basically living with another woman, I almost expected her to be gay. Then I realized that this is Japan, so of course the revelation is that
her husband is dead

---

Love Live 8
fIhUT10l.jpg

I don't know why, but the first thing I noticed was the painted finger nails. It's a very feminine shounen moment. lol

Also:
YZXKEaCl.jpg

#creepyuri

cajunator

Banned

3. Pachinko (1668 votes)
4. Sewing (588 votes)
6. Poetry (475 votes)
8. Anime (359 votes)
10. Baking (125 votes)

figure collectors :(

I think the hardest part of this avatar theme will be to see the image associated with my name. :/ Found two pictures though.
Who can I ask to know if it's too explicit or not?

Kurita

Space Brothers 46
Good episode giving Ena some exposure. She'll finally be a real character. Well I hope.
That Bold guy seems to be an interesting character, looking forward to his interactions with Mutta. Excited to see new faces, too.

Also :

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom