• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout 2048 DLC comes out today (Free if you own WipEout HD or Fury, crossplay)

Famassu

Why not a handful original tracks ?!
Because these only need minimal amount of work. Wasn't their engine pretty much capable of already running these pretty well? Probably only needed some optimization. New tracks will probably come in due time, I'm sure.

Europe as well:

7401214712_9b18456637_b.jpg

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012...-expansion-packs-set-to-hit-ps-vita-tomorrow/

Not really DLC if you ask me, as these are straight up WipEout HD and Fury ports.

Why not a handful original tracks ?!

Actually it's still a DLC. People have paid far more for ports and classic maps for other games.

That said, looks awesome!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just downloaded it and realized there's a WipEout 2048 patch I haven't downloaded yet, so much downloading

I am quite a new Vita owner and never had a PS3. At the moment I am half way into 2048 campaign. In which order just I play those DLCs to enjoy them the most? Should I finish 2048 first or attack one of the DLCs?

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
ok I'm confused, some of you say your downloading it but from where?, the PS Vita store?, PS3 store?, from within the game itself?

Edit -

ah I see, up on us store, uk user here, guess I have to wait until tomorrow :-(

pwack

Why doesn´t appear a download button on my store with the dlcs?

Has happened this anyone esel? :(

Same thing happening to me. I get a description, but no option to buy.

For those who have already downloaded -- have you previously purchased HD/Fury for PS3?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
All events are unlocked by default it seems. And I guess for trophies, you don't have to beat everything in Elite difficulty? Man, so much content!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So is this not out in Europe until tomorrow? Man, I got erect 24 hours before my regional Wipeout orgy :(

Here are the trophies btw

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/wipeout-2048/trophies/

DLC: Wipeout HD
Cost: TBD Trophies: 11

Step into HD
Play any event in the HD campaign
Uplift Champion
Complete all events in the Uplift campaign
Warped Champion
Complete all events in the Warped campaign
Frenzy Champion
Complete all events in the Frenzy campaign
Vertigo Champion
Complete all events in the Vertigo campaign
Head Rush Champion
Complete all events in the Head Rush campaign
Speed Freak Champion
Complete all events in the Speed Freak campaign
Dropzone Champion
Complete all events in the Dropzone campaign
Meltdown Champion
Complete all events in the Meltdown campaign
2048 - WipEout HD All Complete
Complete all WipEout HD events, obtaining any medal
2048 - WipEout HD All Gold
Complete all WipEout HD events, obtaining all Gold medals

DLC: Wipeout HD Fury
Cost: TBD Trophies: 11

Leap into Fury
Play any event in the Fury campaign
Blitzed Champion
Complete all events in the Blitzed campaign
Impact Champion
Complete all events in the Impact campaign
Voltage Champion
Cmplete all events in the Voltage campaign
Turbulence Champion
Complete all events in the Turbulence campaign
Vortex Champion
Complete all events in the Vortex campaign
Corruption Champion
Complete all events in the Corruption campaign
Nuked Champion
Complete all events in the Nuked campaign
Aftermath Champion
Complete all events in the Aftermath campaign
2048 - WipEout HD Fury All Complete
Complete all WipEout HD Fury events, obtaining any medal
2048 - WipEout HD Fury All Gold
Complete all WipEout HD Fury events, obtaining all Gold medals

Only a silver trophy for completing all events with gold medals? Should be a gold...

FireCloud

If anyone has 2048 but has not installed the online pass, the new DLC will not show up until you do. The PSN blog reports this on the store update list.

Oppo

Yeah I'm downloading it now, didn't show up except for Search but is downloading OK.

The branding and labelling of the packs is somewhat confusing.

mkernan

Neo Member
This is weird, and annoying.

-I've installed the 1.04 patch.
-I already have WipeOut HD on my account
-I went ahead and bought HD Fury from my PS3 earlier

But...

The PS Store on my Vita still doesn't list *anything* from this week in the new releases section, even after restarting the store app multiple times and even rebooting the Vita.

I can find the add-ons if I search within the Vita PS Store, but there are no buttons for me to "buy" either of the add-ons.

All the while, somebody I know is already playing the add-on content.

I'm confused... and I consider myself to have a pretty good understanding of how the PS Store works. Weird.

pwack

Still no luck with downloading the DLC. I purchased 2048 through PSN and have the online pass. I even redownloaded a copy of my online pass and reinstalled. Yet when I go into the store, there is no purchase or download button for either DLC, although I can see the content in the store. I hope this can get worked out so I can install before my evening commute.

-----

Edit: Other potentially relevant info: I purchased Wipeout HD back when I had a PS3, but not understanding the glory that is WipeOut, only played about 30 mins. Nonetheless, the game is technically still on my account. I also was a PSN member before the hacking/Welcome Back program, which offered the Wipeout+Fury pack, although I had sold my PS3 prior to Welcome Back and never redeemed any of the PS3 games they offered.

mkernan

Neo Member
Ah, yes. The one thing I didn't mention above: I own the digital version of 2048 as well. I too tried reinstalling the online pass, but that didn't help. I considered deleting and re-downliading the game itself, but that would take forever and I'd lose my save too.

Oppo

Ah, yes. The one thing I didn't mention above: I own the digital version of 2048 as well. I too tried reinstalling the online pass, but that didn't help. I considered deleting and re-downliading the game itself, but that would take forever and I'd lose my save too.

I think maybe the flag for availability is just rolling out or something (what is your region)? I bought everything digitally and I can access the content it via the search, from Canada.

mkernan

Neo Member
Hmm, I'm in US. TX, specifically, but my buddy who lives about 30 miles away is already playing the DLC. I think he has a physical copy of 2048, but I fail to see how that would change the DLC situation.

androvsky

I also can't download the DLC. I purchased Wipeout/Fury on the PS3 years ago (no freebies), bought the retail Wipeout 2048 and redeemed the online pass (shows up on the PS Store as having been purchased). Nothing new shows up on the Vita store this week for me, I found the DLC via search but there's no option to download or even buy. I'm in the U.S. too.

Glix

I was expecting the tracks to be incorporated into 2048.

It isn't it's more like a port. Not that I'm complaining.

Top Bottom