• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus | OT | Same as the old Collossus

Status
Not open for further replies.

gblues

Banned
Re-(re-re-)inventing a classic franchise is hard work. Machine Games’ 2014 masterpiece “Wolfenstein: The New Order” showed off what the team was capable of, and they’re back with the sequel.

Everyone’s seen the awesome trailers, right? Blaskowitz is stuck in a wheelchair after surviving a point blank grenade explosion. It’s not clear how that happened, but we are all glad it did because killing Nazis is hella fun.

Talking about Nazis, the game is set in America where Nazis roam the streets freely. Totally unrealistic, amirite? Except instead of a handful of try-hards there’s hundreds of em and they all want you dead.

It’s no exaggeration to say that everything TNO brought, comes back in spades in the sequel. More explosions, more Nazis, more crazy twists. Wonder if we will go back to the moon?

Regardless, you’re gonna have a shit-ton of weapons at your disposal, including melee weapons for when you wanna get up close and personal.

Everything you ever wanted.

But, what about multiplayer? Something the original was criticized for leaving out. Well, Machine Games feels like multiplayer would dilute their story, so sorry kids.

I’m okay with that, personally. The focus on single player is appreciated these days.

The controversy around the game’s marketing is mostly overblown. The marketing team deserves some recognition for using current events, but ultimately it’s just way to sell video games.

Can you believe the game comes out in less than a week? I can’t wait! What preorder deals have you guys found? I home I’m not to late.

Here we go! WOLFENSTEIN!

70e.gif

kegkilla

Banned
I enjoy Wolfenstein games but I tend to tire of them pretty quick once the novelty of killing Nazis wears off. Don't think I finished either New Order or Old Blood. I'll probably wait til this one hits $20 unless it's getting rave reviews.

Farsi

My man Mario is going to get the first session come Friday but after that you already know these fucking nazis are about to get their shit pushed in. I'm hyped as hell for this weekend.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Revisiting the original on iOS has been a lot of fun for a $1.99 app that won't run if I ever upgrade to iOS 11.

The New Order sounded great with my G35 headset, so I'm expecting to enjoy myself with getting this for PC.

Looking at the specs today I saw the minimum was a 770 and I have a 970

MIN: CPU: Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350 or better
GPU: Nvidia GTX 770 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better
RAM: 8GB
Storage: 55GB
https://www.google.com/amp/www.pcga...quirements-and-pc-specific-features-revealed/

Yeah I'm excited too
56263_8_new-wolfenstein-game-f-cking-bananas-bethesda.png

Giever

I get that you guys are dying to get back to normalcy, but an OT isn't supposed to be up until the day before release.

Amauri14

I'm just waiting for my check to deposit to buy this pair with a Vega 56 and a 144 Hz free synch monitor. In hindsight, I should I should have set up direct deposit long ago, but I can wait for a couple of days, as I don't have any other options as it is already on the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom