• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WSJ: Trump Administration Won’t Withdraw From Paris Climate Deal

Blablurn

NEW YORK—Trump administration officials said Saturday the U.S. wouldn’t pull out of the Paris Agreement, offering to re-engage in the international deal to fight climate change, according to multiple officials at a global warming summit.

The U.S. position on reviewing the terms of its participation in the landmark accord came during a meeting of more than 30 ministers led by Canada, China and the European Union in Montreal
. In June, President Donald Trump said the U.S. would withdraw from the deal unless it could find more favorable terms.

In a statement Saturday afternoon, a White House spokeswoman said the administration’s position on Paris had not changed, but also noted that the president’s stance on withdrawing from the deal had never been set in stone.

“We are pleased the U.S. continues to engage and recognize the economic opportunity of clean growth, including clean energy,” said Canadian Environment Minister Catherine McKenna in a statement to The Wall Street Journal.

Read more here: https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-wont-withdraw-from-paris-climate-deal-1505593922

Realeza

Banned
TrumpCatsFake-900x898.jpg

Sianos

"In a statement Saturday afternoon, a White House spokeswoman said the administration’s position on Paris had not changed, but also noted that the president’s stance on withdrawing from the deal had never been set in stone."

you can't flip flop if you don't have any well-defined positions!

This administration is gaslighting us, aren't they. Saying they're going to do something terrible and ill-advised, only to pull back and say they AREN'T going to do it a few months later. Everyone feels better about it, and they're given credit for doing the "right" thing.

I feel like this is the third or fourth time this has happened.

The beauty is that Trump blindsided his allies and WH staff yet again with this betrayal.

You know what? I'll do the insane, I'll give the benefit of the doubt. Maybe now that Kelly has thrown out the worst of the trash from the white house, maybe Trump is actually getting real information on his desk instead of information designed to brain wash him.

More likely it's just a new group brain washing him and their agenda is less terrible though.

"In a statement Saturday afternoon, a White House spokeswoman said the administration’s position on Paris had not changed, but also noted that the president’s stance on withdrawing from the deal had never been set in stone."

you can't flip flop if you don't have any well-defined positions!

1490783168_421506_1490783368_noticia_normal.jpg

antonz

This administration is gaslighting us, aren't they. Saying they're going to do something terrible and ill-advised, only to pull back and say they AREN'T going to do it a few months later. Everyone feels better about it, and they're given credit for doing the "right" thing.

Trump is a White Supremacist RINO. If anything now that Trump is feuding with the Republicans leadership he is spiting them siding with Democrats on topics. Trump is all about his ego

The beauty is that Trump blindsided his allies and WH staff yet again with this betrayal.

You know what? I'll do the insane, I'll give the benefit of the doubt. Maybe now that Kelly has thrown out the worst of the trash from the white house, maybe Trump is actually getting real information on his desk instead of information designed to brain wash him.

More likely it's just a new group brain washing him and their agenda is less terrible though.

I know right? Was Bannon responsible for almost every horrible decision?

I'm not sure why this was posted here after this has seemingly been debunked hours ago. This is how credence is given to the conservative fake news claims, not once, but twice in a single week.

Climate change is likely the single biggest risk to our economy and world. I wish more focus was put on it, but right now we are focused so much on other areas.

This is fucking clown shoes.

I'm not sure why this was posted here after this has seemingly been debunked hours ago. This is how credence is given to the conservative fake news claims, not once, but twice in a single week.

Climate change is likely the single biggest risk to our economy and world. I wish more focus was put on it, but right now we are focused so much on other areas.

This is a new updated story direct from the White House.

Shauni

It's more like we have a commander and chief who has absolutely no fixed ideology and just goes with the wind. This doesn't even make sense as a gaslighting strategy, it's just pure flip flopping.

rucury

Banned
I know right? Was Bannon responsible for almost every horrible decision?

I don't think you understand the post you quoted. The person is implying that the White House is working a strategy to convince people they are doing good things by purposely saying the are not gonna do good things and later changing their minds.

So that's how it's going to be? We have to have natural disasters for Trump to come around? If that's the case are we going to have to wait until we nuke NK for him realize maybe stick to deplomacy? Good lord.

Fresh off of saying that it’s ridiculous to expect her to influence her father, I expect “Ivanka helped convince her father” stories tomorrow.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!

Ehh? Did you read the link?

Madness

Must be all that 3d chess his supporters said he eas playing. At least these morons who had the wool pulled over their eyes realized the truth before the floor goes out from under them.

No wall, the DREAM act will be even bettwr than DACA which increasingly was going to be overturned by courts, even more militarization including bombing Syrian runway, more free expensive missile defense to SK, no renegotiation of NAFTA and no withdrawal from the Paris Accord. His travel bans have been neutered by the courts, his sanctuary city ban has been stopped recently. All his supporters will get is a bunch of Goldman Sachs execs in high up places, lax regulations and tax reform to help his rich buddies. And maybe Gorsuch as a Scotus justice.

Isn't this the same story as ealier? I don't see anything refuting the White Houses response that they gave in response to this article six hours ago.

This is fucking clown shoes.

This is a new updated story direct from the White House.
I don't think so. If I'm reading it right when it says "White House officials", it's still just referring to what EU officials said the US officials said. Same story from 6 hours ago. Official WH word is that nothing changed.

U.S. officials in Montreal, led by White House senior adviser Everett Eissenstat, broached revising U.S. climate-change goals, two participants said, signaling a compromise that would keep the U.S. at the table even if it meant weakening the international effort. Still, the move would maintain international unity behind the painstakingly negotiated Paris accord, after Mr. Trump suggested he might seek a new agreement.

The U.S. has stated that they will not renegotiate the Paris accord, but they will try to review the terms on which they could be engaged under this agreement,” European Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy  Miguel Arias Cañete  said.

I don't doubt the WSJ is correct, but this is the exact
same story from the previous thread. They even link to the same article with the same title.

This is what happens when you put someone who has no idea what he's doing in charge. He clearly thought being president meant ordering shit and it instantly gets done.

Steel

Banned
There was no point in leaving in the first place regardless of his position on the matter. Countries make their own goals under the paris climate deal. Trump still doesn't believe in climate change, he's still putting people in charge of positions that deal with it that don't believe it.

Top Bottom