• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

You won't hear him for a while as Mongo/Bischoff/Brain were the announce team for quite a while.

When Nitro expanded to two hours in May 1996, Schiavone and Zbyszko started doing the first hour. When Bischoff joined the nWo in November 1996, that's when Schiavone started doing the whole show.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
Those sneaky bastards. They put Nitro now when most people's subscriptions are up. Triple H must be laughing his ass off right now at his office.

I'm not 100% sure if I will keep it. I see the value of it, but I wish we had Raw after it airs. Some matches are just plain boring and would love to fast forward through it on the network. Three hours is just way too much to spend a Monday night after work.

Perhaps watching a few 1996 Nitros will change my mind.

JavyOO7

Original
Monday Night War
CHANGED - A New D-Generation - 09/01/2014
In Ring
Smackdown Replays
CHANGED - Episode 15 - 12/01/1999
CHANGED - Episode 15 - 12/01/1999
Vault
Video Vault
Backlash 2000 - 04/30/2000

JavyOO7

WCW PPVs
Fall Brawl
CHANGED - WCW Fall Brawl 1994 - 09/17/1994
Vault
Video Vault
Unforgiven 98 Austin v Dude Love - 04/26/1998
Unforgiven 98 Tag Team Match - 04/26/1998
Over The Edge 1998 - 05/31/1998
Wcw Monday Nitro
Nitro 122 - 06/30/1996
In Ring
Raw Replays
CHANGED - Episode 253 - 03/30/1998
CHANGED - Episode 253 - 03/30/1998
Episode 255 - 04/13/1998
CHANGED - Episode 257 - 04/26/1998
CHANGED - Episode 257 - 04/27/1998
Episode 304 - 03/22/1999
Wwe Main Event Replays
CHANGED - Episode 101 - 09/02/2014

BFIB

Those sneaky bastards. They put Nitro now when most people's subscriptions are up. Triple H must be laughing his ass off right now at his office.

I'm not 100% sure if I will keep it. I see the value of it, but I wish we had Raw after it airs. Some matches are just plain boring and would love to fast forward through it on the network. Three hours is just way too much to spend a Monday night after work.

Perhaps watching a few 1996 Nitros will change my mind.

The Nitros have been fantastic.

I know this might be crazy to say but these 96 nitros after the NWO formed got too much wrestling... Where is the promos, backstage skits, you know the stuff that hooks people

RBH

The 8/5/96 and the 12/9/96 episodes of WCW Monday Nitro on the Network include exclusive post-show footage (the cameras were still rolling as they went off the air).

dubq

Anyone else on PS4 having issues with the Network randomly freezing the feed on any on-demand videos? I keep having to back out of the video and resume it to get it to play again. Works fine on my PC and PS3, though..

Zach

Anyone else on PS4 having issues with the Network randomly freezing the feed on any on-demand videos? I keep having to back out of the video and resume it to get it to play again. Works fine on my PC and PS3, though..

I finished SuperBrawl V, watched RAW #99 and about half of ECW #96 tonight without issue (on PS4).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for those doing the daily updates while I was away on the island of misfit toys.

Original
Slam City
Recipe for Disaster - 09/08/2014
Coffee Showdown - 09/08/2014
We All Scream for Ice Cream - 09/08/2014
In Ring
Smackdown Replays
Wall of Flesh - 08/07/2014

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Original
Monday Night War
Have A Nice Day! - 09/09/2014
Wwe Countdown
MULTIPLE VERSIONS? - Greatest General Managers - 09/09/2014
MULTIPLE VERSIONS? - Greatest General Managers - 09/09/2014

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In Ring
Wwe Nxt
Episode 239 Takeover Preview - 09/09/2014
Vault
Video Vault
Backlash 2007 Fatal 4 Way Match - 04/29/2007

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Original
Wwe Beyond The Ring
Greatest Superstars - 07/26/2011

strobogo

Banned
Continue the fucking ECW episodes, goddamn it. Why is it still stopped at May 2, 1995?

Probably the same reason they have been stuck in August 1995 for Raw for months, haven't updated World Class since March, have almost all the Nitro dates off by a day, and labeled episode 1 of Nitro as episode 79: Someone (Joey Styles?) sucks at their job and the approach to the whole thing has been haphazard as fuck.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Raw Replays
The Crowning of the Conqueror - 08/18/2014

RP912

Banned
Continue the fucking ECW episodes, goddamn it. Why is it still stopped at May 2, 1995?

Indeed. ECW gets better around mid 95 to late 96. Those were the glory days imo. I hope it's not because of New Jack which would be some bullshit since the gangstas/public enemy feud is one of the best tag team feuds of all time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In Ring
Wwe Nxt
CHANGED - Episode 241 - 09/18/2014
Original
Wwe Countdown
Greatest High Flyers - 09/23/2014
Wwe Beyond The Ring
CHANGED - CM Punk: Best In The World - 10/08/2012

I don't remember, is the inestimable Psicosis in the Greatest High Flyers ep?

Also everyone should watch NXT for Itami's legit match debut.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Psychosis to me was a hybrid of powerhouse/fhighflyer which was awesome. Honestly I prefer him over Rey Jr.

I absolutely do over Rey in WCW. He had great physical charisma and I loved his work in the air. Consistently blew my mind.

strobogo

Banned
Indeed. ECW gets better around mid 95 to late 96. Those were the glory days imo. I hope it's not because of New Jack which would be some bullshit since the gangstas/public enemy feud is one of the best tag team feuds of all time.

New Jack is on all the PPVs he was on. I don't know why people think he'd be cut from everything. He really wasn't doing anything crazier than anyone else in ECW.

Psychosis to me was a hybrid of powerhouse/fhighflyer which was awesome. Honestly I prefer him over Rey Jr.

You are a dumb dumb, friend. Friend Dumb Dumb. Hypnosis was at the bottom of the top luchador tier (which includes Rey/Juvi/La Parka/Ultimo). He has the worst flow to his matches, botched the most (which is saying something with Juvi in the list), generally had the worst offense and transitions. I mean, he was fun, but anyone who prefers him to Rey is a dumb dumb.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You are a dumb dumb, friend. Friend Dumb Dumb. Hypnosis was at the bottom of the top luchador tier (which includes Rey/Juvi/La Parka/Ultimo). He has the worst flow to his matches, botched the most (which is saying something with Juvi in the list), generally had the worst offense and transitions. I mean, he was fun, but anyone who prefers him to Rey is a dumb dumb.

What?! Psicosis was right up there with Rey and Disco. Juvi would eventually be on the same tier, but La Parka was always one tier lower, which he didn't deserve, but La Parka was on the same tier as Super Calo and Silver King, even though we know that's not what he deserved.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ultimo Dragon is my favorite dude of all time. La Parka is my second favorite WCW Lucha. Psychosis is fifth or so, he's good and all but no Silver King/El Dandy.

strobogo

Banned
What?! Psicosis was right up there with Rey and Disco. Juvi would eventually be on the same tier, but La Parka was always one tier lower, which he didn't deserve, but La Parka was on the same tier as Super Calo and Silver King, even though we know that's not what he deserved.

I'm talking about talent more so than push rankings.

Top Tier
  • Rey Jr.
  • Juvi
  • Ultimo Dragon
  • La Parka
  • Hypnosis

Middle Tier:
  • Silver King
  • El Dandy
  • Super Calo
  • Ciclope

Bottom Tier:

• Lizmark Jr.
  • Shark Boy
  • Mr. JL
  • Los Villanos
  • Damian 666
  • Hector Garza

Some guys I'm unable to rank. Such as Liger or Blitzkrieg.

El-Suave

I had the same problem (although I live in Germany, where we won't have the Network for a long time, so I have to use a VPN service to cheat the system), the PS4 was the worst playback machine in my home, so I used the PS3 as my WWE Network machine. Recently Apple TV has become the only way for most of us to still be able to pay for the Network, so I got one of those, and it is fine as well. Crazy that they IP rejected payment from some fans and threw them out while the numbers were still considered bad and you'd think they'd value every customer.

RP912

Banned
New Jack is on all the PPVs he was on. I don't know why people think he'd be cut from everything. He really wasn't doing anything crazier than anyone else in ECW.

Rey was good but can he do a sitting powerbomb tho friend :p.

RP912

Banned
I'm talking about talent more so than push rankings.

Top Tier
  • Rey Jr.
  • Juvi
  • Ultimo Dragon
  • La Parka
  • Hypnosis

Middle Tier:
  • Silver King
  • El Dandy
  • Super Calo
  • Ciclope

Bottom Tier:

• Lizmark Jr.
  • Shark Boy
  • Mr. JL
  • Los Villanos
  • Damian 666
  • Hector Garza

Some guys I'm unable to rank. Such as Liger or Blitzkrieg.

Middle tier for El Dandy :/....why you doubt him? Shark boy is too damn low. He pretty much put TNA on his back with his exceptional moves.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If there's anything I've learned about running a WCW channel it's that there IS a small but diehard following of Lizmark Jr.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In Ring
Smackdown Replays
The Viper Room - 08/21/2014
Original
Slam City
Best Dessert in the World - 09/22/2014
The Wandering Nomad - 09/22/2014

Also next Monday Night War is supposed to be about ECW.

strobogo

Banned
You can't stop all of this postin'!

Don't google Lizmark, Jr. Dude's creepy now.

lizmark.jpg

Wtf, you weren't kidding. WCW: Not even once.

Top Bottom