• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The WWE Network will present "ECW Week" over the course of the WWE Network, featuring: *ECW Exposed - Joey Styles doing an in-depth interview with Paul Heyman, airing Monday at 111:06 PM Eastern after Raw goes off the air.
*40 new episodes of ECW Hardcore TV will be added to "The Vault" VOD area.
*The Network will add three ECW Arena events to their VOD section as well:
-Hardcore Heaven 1995 (The Public Enemy vs. The Gangstas, ECW World champion The Sandman vs. Cactus Jack, Raven & Stevie Richards vs. Tommy Dreamer & Luna Vachon, Ian Rotten vs. Axl Rotten in a Taipei Death Match, 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Taz, Hack Myers vs. Val Puccio, Dudley Boyz vs. Pitbulls)
-November to Remember 1995 (Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk vs. Cactus Jack & Raven, ECW World champion Mikey Whipwreck vs. Steve Austin, ECW World Tag Team champions Sandman & 2 Cold Scorpio vs. The Public Enemy, Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Psicosis in a Mexican Death Match, Bill Alfonso vs. Tod Gordon, Sabu vs. Hack Myers, Pitbulls vs. Eliminators, Konnan vs. Jasonn Knight, Stevie Richards vs. El Puerto Rican, debut of Blue Meanie, The Dudley Boyz, Taz and more)
-Cyberslam 1996 (Brian Pillman invades ECW, ECW World champion Raven vs. Shane Douglas, Francine & Pitbulls vs. Eliminators & Stevie Richards, 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Sabu, Shane Douglas vs. Cactus Jack, Bruise Brothers vs. Headhunters, Buh Buh Ray Dudley vs. Mr. Hughes, Taz vs. Joel Hartgood, Tommy Dreamer and more)
Yes; too bad tho heatwave 96 wasn't one of them

Hasney

Finally, ECW '96. That has gotten my re-subscribe senses tingling.

EDIT: Wait, fuck. Just remembered that unblock-us doesn't work with my ISP on console anymore.... Fuck.

Fox318

The WWE Network will present "ECW Week" over the course of the WWE Network, featuring: *ECW Exposed - Joey Styles doing an in-depth interview with Paul Heyman, airing Monday at 111:06 PM Eastern after Raw goes off the air.
*40 new episodes of ECW Hardcore TV will be added to "The Vault" VOD area.
*The Network will add three ECW Arena events to their VOD section as well:
-Hardcore Heaven 1995 (The Public Enemy vs. The Gangstas, ECW World champion The Sandman vs. Cactus Jack, Raven & Stevie Richards vs. Tommy Dreamer & Luna Vachon, Ian Rotten vs. Axl Rotten in a Taipei Death Match, 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Taz, Hack Myers vs. Val Puccio, Dudley Boyz vs. Pitbulls)
-November to Remember 1995 (Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk vs. Cactus Jack & Raven, ECW World champion Mikey Whipwreck vs. Steve Austin, ECW World Tag Team champions Sandman & 2 Cold Scorpio vs. The Public Enemy, Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Psicosis in a Mexican Death Match, Bill Alfonso vs. Tod Gordon, Sabu vs. Hack Myers, Pitbulls vs. Eliminators, Konnan vs. Jasonn Knight, Stevie Richards vs. El Puerto Rican, debut of Blue Meanie, The Dudley Boyz, Taz and more)
-Cyberslam 1996 (Brian Pillman invades ECW, ECW World champion Raven vs. Shane Douglas, Francine & Pitbulls vs. Eliminators & Stevie Richards, 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Sabu, Shane Douglas vs. Cactus Jack, Bruise Brothers vs. Headhunters, Buh Buh Ray Dudley vs. Mr. Hughes, Taz vs. Joel Hartgood, Tommy Dreamer and more)
Yes; too bad tho heatwave 96 wasn't one of them
Will the interviews be in black and white?

Finally, ECW '96. That has gotten my re-subscribe senses tingling.

EDIT: Wait, fuck. Just remembered that unblock-us doesn't work with my ISP on console anymore.... Fuck.

If you've already got the WWE app working on a console I don't think unblock-us is necessary.

I've been set up in Canada on my PS3 since the WWE Network launched. I was using unblock-us already for US Netflix.

Since then I've switched my IP back to Canada to watch "The Bridge" and a couple shows on Canadian Netflix and the WWE Network continues to work just fine.

Hasney

If you've already got the WWE app working on a console I don't think unblock-us is necessary.

I've been set up in Canada on my PS3 since the WWE Network launched. I was using unblock-us already for US Netflix.

Since then I've switched my IP back to Canada to watch "The Bridge" and a couple shows on Canadian Netflix and the WWE Network continues to work just fine.

Might give it a quick test while it's free then. I heard the UK geoblock was dropped just before it launched and then came back up again. I mean, I could always use my PC, but I kind of want more from a paid service.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They're not done posting these, here's a chunk of what's popped so far. Hell of a content dump for ECW dorks.

Ecw Hardcore Tv
Hardcore TV 107 - 05/09/1995
Hardcore TV 108 - 05/16/1995
Hardcore TV 109 - 05/23/1995
Hardcore TV 110 - 05/30/1995
Hardcore TV 111 - 06/06/1995
Hardcore TV 112 - 06/13/1995
Hardcore TV 113 - 06/20/1995
Hardcore TV 114 - 06/27/1995
Hardcore TV 115 - 07/04/1995
Hardcore TV 116 - 07/11/1995
Hardcore TV 117 - 07/18/1995
Hardcore TV 118 - 07/25/1995
Hardcore TV 119 - 08/01/1995
Hardcore TV 120 - 08/08/1995
Hardcore TV 121 - 08/15/1995
Hardcore TV 122 - 08/22/1995
Hardcore TV 123 - 08/29/1995
Hardcore TV 124 - 09/05/1995
Hardcore TV 125 - 09/12/1995
Hardcore TV 126 - 09/19/1995
Hardcore TV 127 - 09/26/1995
Hardcore TV 128 - 10/03/1995
Hardcore TV 129 - 10/10/1995
Hardcore TV 130 - 10/17/1995
Hardcore TV 131 - 10/24/1995
Hardcore TV 132 - 10/31/1995
Hardcore TV 133 - 11/07/1995
Hardcore TV 134 - 11/14/1995
Hardcore TV 135 - 11/21/1995
Hardcore TV 136 - 11/28/1995
Hardcore TV 137 - 12/05/1995
Hardcore TV 138 - 12/12/1995
Hardcore TV 139 - 12/19/1995
Hardcore TV 140 - 12/24/1995
Hardcore TV 141 - 01/02/1996
Hardcore TV 142 - 01/09/1996
Hardcore TV 143 - 01/16/1996
Hardcore TV 144 - 01/23/1996
Hardcore TV 145 - 01/30/1996
Hardcore TV 146 - 02/06/1996
Hardcore TV 147 - 02/13/1996
Hardcore TV 148 - 02/20/1996
Hardcore TV 149 - 02/27/1996
Hardcore TV 150 - 03/05/1996
Hardcore TV 151 - 03/12/1996
Hardcore TV 152 - 03/19/1996
Hardcore TV 153 - 03/26/1996
Ecw Exposed
Shes Hardcore - 05/16/1995
Rogue Referee - 05/23/1995
Take It To Right - 05/23/1995
Long Live Taz - 06/06/1995
Hardcore Heaven 1995 - 07/04/1995
Ring Reinforcement - 08/08/1995
Please Dont Go - 08/29/1995
Cane Dewey - 09/19/1995
Steve-A-Mania - 09/26/1995
Thats Not For You - 10/10/1995
Public Training - 10/31/1995
Welcome to Dudleyville - 11/14/1995
Its Sabu! - 11/18/1995
November to Remember 1995 - 11/18/1995
Im Hardcore, Im Hardcore! - 11/28/1995
The Extreme Underdog - 12/05/1995
Uncle Eric - 12/19/1995
Wax On, Wax Off - 02/06/1996
CyberSlam 1996 - 02/17/1996
Spitting Image - 03/05/1996
Pillman vs The Pencil - 03/05/1996
Bon Appetit - 03/19/1996
Bye Bye Cactus - 03/26/1996

Welp, the Apple TV just became the clear cut device to watch the Network on.

Today, the app updated to add Resume features AND a watchlist feature where you can episodes and PPVs and then watch them all in order.

RP912

Banned
Goddamn carnies sucking me back in. I hope they add more ecw arena events like The Night The Line was Crossed and Born to be Wired eventually.

Yeah my friend has a 3rd gen and it works fine there.

On a 2nd gen, you can feel every remote command getting slower, like it's a computer getting overworked. Just playing video sends the thing into an increasingly escalating CPU use situation until it eventually shits itself. It's reproducible every single time. It shouldn't be pre-installed on these.

2nd gen is still popular because it's the only one you can jailbreak, but mine's stock. I've tried all sorts of resets and tricks, but it just can't handle playing videos from the network.

strobogo

Banned
ECW is such trash. Once you get to late Summer 1995, all of their best guys (Eddie, Dean, Benoit, Shane) were gone. You have stupid shit like Taz doing color for a match under his real name, only to be revealed as TAZ at the end like it was some huge surprise. Then the next week, Joey asks Paul why did he "drop the gimmick and reveal the man now?". Luna shows up OUTTA NOWHERE to make out with Tommy Dreamer. Then it is revealed she had an affair with Raven. One of Raven's DUMB AS SHIT promos has this quote: "Luna, to spend another night of carnal lust with you, I'd sooner be crucified. Quote the Raven, nevermore."

Sandman vs Cactus happens for what feels like 4 times in 5 weeks, none of them good. Joey Styles is even smarkier and annoying than Matt Striker at his worst. All the good matches are all cut up on TV anyway, and WWE only has a handful of the arena shows planned to go up to watch the full matches. I am of the opinion that the WWF Attitude version of this style and booking was better all around. Less trashy, better talent. People talk about how it was "alternative", and it was, but that doesn't make it inherently better. I'd rather watch pretty much everyone good in ECW somewhere else. Eddie/Benoit/Rey/Jericho/Dean/Psychosis/Juvi in WCW/WWE. Foley in WCW/WWE. Sandman in WCW. Austin in WCW/WWE. Raven in WCW. Shit, I think even Tommy Dreamer was better in WWE. I think I enjoy WWECW Dreamer more than OG ECW Dreamer.

Instead of putting up a huge chunk of ECW, they should have put up some NWA/WCCW/JCP/Georgia/Florida stuff. Maybe even dry ass AWA. ECW is FAT, is what I'm trying to say. None of it holds up.

The only guys really at their best in ECW were Shane Douglas (and that's debatable, as his run in WCW with Ricky Steamboat was pretty great, and he was dog shit at everything from his WWF run on), Taz, and Sabu. RVD is on the bubble to me.

Kaladin

I'm starting to think people only have as fond of a memory of ECW because WWE glorifies it.

Sure, it was the shit in the 90's because 95 WWF was shit. But now? It's very dated and carnie as fuck.

RP912

Banned
ECW is such trash. Once you get to late Summer 1995, all of their best guys (Eddie, Dean, Benoit, Shane) were gone. You have stupid shit like Taz doing color for a match under his real name, only to be revealed as TAZ at the end like it was some huge surprise. Then the next week, Joey asks Paul why did he "drop the gimmick and reveal the man now?". Luna shows up OUTTA NOWHERE to make out with Tommy Dreamer. Then it is revealed she had an affair with Raven. One of Raven's DUMB AS SHIT promos has this quote: "Luna, to spend another night of carnal lust with you, I'd sooner be crucified. Quote the Raven, nevermore."

Sandman vs Cactus happens for what feels like 4 times in 5 weeks, none of them good. Joey Styles is even smarkier and annoying than Matt Striker at his worst. All the good matches are all cut up on TV anyway, and WWE only has a handful of the arena shows planned to go up to watch the full matches. I am of the opinion that the WWF Attitude version of this style and booking was better all around. Less trashy, better talent. People talk about how it was "alternative", and it was, but that doesn't make it inherently better. I'd rather watch pretty much everyone good in ECW somewhere else. Eddie/Benoit/Rey/Jericho/Dean/Psychosis/Juvi in WCW/WWE. Foley in WCW/WWE. Sandman in WCW. Austin in WCW/WWE. Raven in WCW. Shit, I think even Tommy Dreamer was better in WWE. I think I enjoy WWECW Dreamer more than OG ECW Dreamer.

Instead of putting up a huge chunk of ECW, they should have put up some NWA/WCCW/JCP/Georgia/Florida stuff. Maybe even dry ass AWA. ECW is FAT, is what I'm trying to say. None of it holds up.

The only guys really at their best in ECW were Shane Douglas (and that's debatable, as his run in WCW with Ricky Steamboat was pretty great, and he was dog shit at everything from his WWF run on), Taz, and Sabu. RVD is on the bubble to me.

This post gave me heartburn. Ecw was the shit to it's deathbed. Only Heyman can make a 5'7 drunk in pajama pants have the crowd going nuts. As far as the bolded is concern...that's some trolling shit to the 10th degree. ECW dreamer>>>>losing because LOL wwecw dreamer.

RP912

Banned
I'm starting to think people only have as fond of a memory of ECW because WWE glorifies it.

Sure, it was the shit in the 90's because 95 WWF was shit. But now? It's very dated and carnie as fuck.

Not true. Some parts yes but it's mainly because I grew up to it since ECW was based in philly. It seems dated but still fun to watch.

strobogo

Banned

You know, most of 1995 Raws are dog shit as well, but for the most part, I think I'd rather watch them. The Hardcore TV format, which while radically different to what WWF or WCW were doing, is so fucking annoying. Because it doesn't have a format. Some weeks it will be 30 minutes and all promos. Some weeks it will be close to an hour, but one match and one long promo. Some weeks there will be no promos and just chopped up matches. Frequently just cut from the match to do a bunch of promos. A whole lot of repeating clips from the same match (especially one of the Eddie/Dean matches).

Kaladin

Not true. Some parts yes but it's mainly because I grew up to it since ECW was based in philly. It seems dated but still fun to watch.

You're biased though because you grew up with it in Philly. Experiencing something live and in person is much different from watching it on TV as we're able to. I caught on to ECW late in it's run. I didn't really start watching it as it happened till it was on TNN. So now, I'm left with whatever I can get from RF Video or whatever source happens to be hocking it at the moment. It's kinda disconnected from the hype you'd get watching it unfold live.

Do I recognize the accomplishments of it? Sure. They gave us some good characters, and some great matches. I kinda agree with stro though in that a lot of it really doesn't hold up today.

RP912

Banned
You're biased though because you grew up with it in Philly. Experiencing something live and in person is much different from watching it on TV as we're able to. I caught on to ECW late in it's run. I didn't really start watching it as it happened till it was on TNN. So now, I'm left with whatever I can get from RF Video or whatever source happens to be hocking it at the moment. It's kinda disconnected from the hype you'd get watching it unfold live.

Do I recognize the accomplishments of it? Sure. They gave us some good characters, and some great matches. I kinda agree with stro though in that a lot of it really doesn't hold up today.

Yea it's a biased because it blew my mind at the time. I guess it's like a old man trying to get a teenager to watch a movie from 1943 since he went to the flick as a youngster.One thing that made ECW amazing in my eye was the fact it felt like a mixtape rather than a wrestling show. You get a mixture of promos, segments, and matches from last week and this week. It was innovative for it's time.

Kaladin

Yea it's a biased because it blew my mind at the time. I guess it's like a old man trying to get a teenager to watch a movie from 1943 since he went to the flick as a youngster.One thing that made ECW amazing in my eye was the fact it felt like a mixtape rather than a wrestling show. You get a mixture of promos, segments, and matches from last week and this week. It was innovative for it's time.

You've got to admit though, WWE does glorify it a bit much for what it is.

RP912

Banned
You've got to admit though, WWE does glorify it a bit much for what it is.

Yea because the attitude era was pretty much ECW with bad writing and good booking. Honestly, ECW was copy of FMW and old mid south Memphis promotions. If I was WWE I would glorify the hell out of that promotion as well because they saved my promotion and help bring in tons of money...even though I stole from it.

foltzie1

It is amazing how well even now Styles and Heyman blur the lines.

Heyman has a lot of irons in the fire now, but I would love to see him still running a company.

Fox318

It is amazing how well even now Styles and Heyman blur the lines.

Heyman has a lot of irons in the fire now, but I would love to see him still running a company.

Styles:"Did I mention we have Parental controls? We have Parental controls. Make sure to use parental controls. To all of the people watching at 11pm make sure to use parental controls to hide 20 year old content from your Cena loving mouth breathing wal-mart shopping babies"

foltzie1

Styles:"Did I mention we have Parental controls? We have Parental controls. Make sure to use parental controls. To all of the people watching at 11pm make sure to use parental controls to hide 20 year old content from your Cena loving mouth breathing wal-mart shopping babies"

"Nobody does comedy like the WWE."

strobogo

Banned
Some more ECW thoughts:

People shit on WWE for rerunning matches into the ground, but ECW was just as bad. There are about 30 Eddie vs Dean matches over the course of 3 months. Triple shot weekends hyped on "Eddie vs Dean in 3 cities in 3 nights!" What feels like 100 Dreamer vs Raven/Stevie matches. There were 4 Cactus/Sandman matches on TV in 5 weeks.

Beulah was hot as fuck in that trashy mid 90s girl kind of way.

Kaladin

Some more ECW thoughts:

People shit on WWE for rerunning matches into the ground, but ECW was just as bad. There are about 30 Eddie vs Dean matches over the course of 3 months. Triple shot weekends hyped on "Eddie vs Dean in 3 cities in 3 nights!" What feels like 100 Dreamer vs Raven/Stevie matches. There were 4 Cactus/Sandman matches on TV in 5 weeks.

Beulah was hot as fuck in that trashy mid 90s girl kind of way.

I have a RF Video set of 5 Eddie vs Dean matches somewhere.

ECW is and was the shit and the only reason why it seems aged today is because of the 90s alternative/grunge aesthetic, but funny enough that style is in today.

The match pacing and characters were great as well as the promos. Also the best crowd and storylines.

Much better than WWEs current product which is borderline unwatchable. Current WWE makes New Generation era look like the Attitude Era.

Are we ever going to get classic WWF Superstars? It would compliment those classic RAWs in a big way

RP912

Banned
ECW is and was the shit and the only reason why it seems aged today is because of the 90s alternative/grunge aesthetic, but funny enough that style is in today.

The match pacing and characters were great as well as the promos. Also the best crowd and storylines.

Much better than WWEs current product which is borderline unwatchable. Current WWE makes New Generation era look like the Attitude Era.

Are we ever going to get classic WWF Superstars? It would compliment those classic RAWs in a big way

I doubt it...unless they do a all stars week like they just randomly did the ecw week. I'm on the verge of tapping out of my subscription when December comes. It's pretty much wwe propaganda with old wrasslin shows.

strobogo

Banned

I disagree completely about great characters. The only two ECW Originals that hold up in anyway are Sandman and Mikey. Anyone worth a shit was picked up by WWF or WCW. I disagree completely about match pacing. I guess I could see you thinking that if you only watched the TV show, which chopped up matches and only put in the highlights. Most ECW matches had NO pacing at all. Many of the promos are garbage as well, but that is probably the strongest quality of ECW.

The most jarring thing about ECW is how it really isn't much different at all from WWF/WCW at the time. They had a LOT of comedy on their shows. They had a LOT of cheesy, stupid, cartoony gimmicks. Joey made a LOT of terrible, corny jokes, all while frequently taking pot shots at Bobby Heenan for the same thing. The only thing that REALLY set ECW apart was dirty as fuck ring mats and guys cursing a lot in promos. So what you end up with is a bunch of great guys who were quickly swooped up by WWF/WCW, and then you're left with a core group of guys that weren't even good enough to be Raw jobbers in 1993 (or were actually Raw jobbers in 1993), so they just bleed and cuss a lot to make you think they're doing something special.

I agree with you if you are talking about late and very early ECW. But ECW from 95-98 was a great product. Raven, Justin Credible, Dudley's, Tajiri, Lance Storm, Candidto and Bam Bam consistantly had great matches. ECW was bad at the end when they lost all their stars and guys like Steve Corino were headlining.

Also what was Vaders las WCW match? I was watching one of the first Nitros and Vader was suppose to tag with Hogan to face the Dungeon of Doom but Lex took his spot

strobogo

Banned
I agree with you if you are talking about late and very early ECW. But ECW from 95-98 was a great product. Raven, Justin Credible, Dudley's, Tajiri, Lance Storm, Candidto and Bam Bam consistantly had great matches. ECW was bad at the end when they lost all their stars and guys like Steve Corino were headlining.

Also what was Vaders las WCW match? I was watching one of the first Nitros and Vader was suppose to tag with Hogan to face the Dungeon of Doom but Lex took his spot

I'm talking about 1995 ECW. "Prime" ECW. It's dog shit. ECW is the original TNA, where ex WWF/WCW guys go in between jobs, with ridiculous and stupid storylines, with SWERVES every show, where guys do worse work than when they were in WWF/WCW/Japan/Mexico, with a smarky as fuck announcer who never shuts up, with dumb gimmick matches, while CONSTANTLY taking shots at the "competition" who is so far ahead of them that they don't even acknowledge your existence, and intentional cultivation of the cuntiest fan base imaginable.

Some more ECW thoughts:

Because that was actually a novel concept in the mid-90s. You didn't really see longer feuds with an extended series of matches during that time. It happened in the '80s (and before then), and it happened again after, but no one was doing that when ECW was.

I'm talking about 1995 ECW. "Prime" ECW. It's dog shit. ECW is the original TNA, where ex WWF/WCW guys go in between jobs, with ridiculous and stupid storylines, with SWERVES every show, where guys do worse work than when they were in WWF/WCW/Japan/Mexico, with a smarky as fuck announcer who never shuts up, with dumb gimmick matches, while CONSTANTLY taking shots at the "competition" who is so far ahead of them that they don't even acknowledge your existence, and intentional cultivation of the cuntiest fan base imaginable.

lol thats one way of looking at it, but the storylines were pretty great as they were all told in the ring. How can you not enjoy a Masato Tanaka vs Mike Awesome match? or a Raven vs Dreamer feud? or Justin Credible being such a cent to the crowd. Joey Styles is the GOAT announcer too.

On another note, who do you think has the best WCW theme? 90% of WCW theme songs sound like Super Famicom games but ill always love Ravens, DDPs, Jerichios, NWO and the Horseman themes. oddly enough 3 of those themes are rip offs of Nirvana and Pearl Jam songs

strobogo

Banned
lol thats one way of looking at it, but the storylines were pretty great as they were all told in the ring. How can you not enjoy a Masato Tanaka vs Mike Awesome match? or a Raven vs Dreamer feud? or Justin Credible being such a cent to the crowd. Joey Styles is the GOAT announcer too.

On another note, who do you think has the best WCW theme? 90% of WCW theme songs sound like Super Famicom games but ill always love Ravens, DDPs, Jerichios, NWO and the Horseman themes. oddly enough 3 of those themes are rip offs of Nirvana and Pearl Jam songs

Raven vs Dreamer is garbage. 100% garbage. This "cutting edge" and "hardcore" promotion's main feud is about two guys mad at each other over a girl from summer camp when they were kids. And now the girl is hot when she used to be fat, so they're feuding again. Raven's promos are DUMB AS SHIT. People in Wrasslegaf often mention Bray Wyatt babbling about stuff for 5 minutes and not actually saying anything. Raven was 100% worse and less captivating while doing it. He's just a grown ass man spouting sub-emo tumblr level bullshit and thinking he's super cool. Raven in WCW was so much better, because he was reigned in. Their matches were all the same and they all sucked. Dreamer was a bad promo guy and not good at wrestling. Also, most storylines were not told in the ring. The bulk of any ECW program was told with tons and tons and tons of promos.

Joey Styles is TERRIBLE. I can't believe anyone could shit on modern WWE announcing and not think the same things about him. He frequently goes into nonsequitors, tells terrible jokes, does that fake cackle that is even worse than King and Cole's. He's terrible at acting when on screen. He's East Coast dick head Mike Tenay. What I'm saying is fuck ECW.

GOAT WCW themes: DDP, Raven, The Cat, nWo B Team/Japan, Dean, Rey, heel Eddie, Four Horsemen, Mr. Wonderful, Disco Inferno, Goldberg, and the Hollywood Blonds/Greg Valentine/Marty Jannetty/Blitzkrieg theme.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I got infected with American Made after watching pretty much all of the pre NWO Hogan run in a few days this summer.

It's nowhere near as good as Real American but it's still pretty great.

Binged watched 1995 WCW PPV's all day hungover.

Dungeon of Doom would have made been a perfect feud for the Undertaker circa 94/95.

Funny how The Renegade went to complete jobber status by 96. What was the reason? Ultimate Warrior rip off?

I actually really enjoyed WCW that era so far. I love those old Bash at the Beach outside events.

Also I see a commercial for Collision in Korea on Bash 95. I don't think its on the Network oddly enough.

Was Vader in WCW at the same time as The Giant? Hard to follow with no lead up shows to PPVs. WCW Saturday Night would be perfect to add so we can follow the storylines

strobogo

Banned
Binged watched 1995 WCW PPV's all day hungover.

Dungeon of Doom would have made been a perfect feud for the Undertaker circa 94/95.

Funny how The Renegade went to complete jobber status by 96. What was the reason? Ultimate Warrior rip off?

I actually really enjoyed WCW that era so far. I love those old Bash at the Beach outside events.

Also I see a commercial for Collision in Korea on Bash 95. I don't think its on the Network oddly enough.

Was Vader in WCW at the same time as The Giant? Hard to follow with no lead up shows to PPVs. WCW Saturday Night would be perfect to add so we can follow the storylines

Renegade went full jobber after Halloween Havoc 1995. Giant laid him out and Jimmy Hart said he was just a guy named Rick without him, rubbed his face paint off, and that was the end of him being a Warrior rip off or anything at all.

CIK was an Inoki show, so it wasn't part of the WCW tape library. Or something. The WCW/NJPW joint shows aren't on the Network, but clips from them are shown on PPVs and Nitro. They also aired a Warrior/DiBiase match from one of the WWF joint shows (All Japan or Tenryu's promotion I think), so basically I have no idea what the rights situation is for those shows.

Vader and Giant were briefly in WCW at the same time. They had a confrontation inside the Dungeon of Doom.

Kaladin

Watched an amazing Mexican Death Match with Psicosis and a young Rey Mysterio Jr. from one of the new Hardcore TV eps on the Network last night.

I loved that they had to get a three count in order to initiate the ten count to end the match. WWE needs to implement that to spice up their last man standing matches. Move -> ten count, move -> ten count, big spot -> ten count gets old. In that match, they booked a whole sequence before going into a pin and the flow was much much better.

foltzie1

Watched an amazing Mexican Death Match with Psicosis and a young Rey Mysterio Jr. from one of the new Hardcore TV eps on the Network last night.

I loved that they had to get a three count in order to initiate the ten count to end the match. WWE needs to implement that to spice up their last man standing matches. Move -> ten count, move -> ten count, big spot -> ten count gets old. In that match, they booked a whole sequence before going into a pin and the flow was much much better.

They did that with the Macho Man/Crush 10 count match.

I'm curious what the thoughts are on that point.

strobogo

Banned
Some more FUCK ECW thoughts:

FUCK TAZ. That sawed off piece of shit can't take his fucking dip out for promos? Not even in the ring? Then once he was back to wrestling, he was completely reckless with his suplexes and in fact appeared to be intentionally trying to hurt people (especially smaller guys) with them.

Why would Joey Styles, a right wing nutter from Connecticut working for a blood and guts indie wrestling promotion, wear cowboy boots with his suits?

For as often as they shit on WCW/WWF, they sure seemed to bring in whoever just got fired as soon as possible. They brought in fucking MANTAUR. Not even as a joke. Under his pre-WWF gimmick and in a dominating match on TV. It got even more ridiculous as time went on. And the ECW fans always popped for these dudes. So not only was the company itself full of hypocrites, but so were their crowds.

Tommy Dreamer trying to do Raven promos is just the worst. I mean, he's not a good promo guy doing his normal I'M HARDCORE shit, but doing the Raven style promos is just terrible. So are the actual Raven promos, but Dreamer's version is brutal.

Mother fucking Kronus. God damn, I've never seen a dude put on so much weight so fast. I swear he had to have put close to 25 pounds on in ONE MONTH.

Tod Gordon is SO SHITTY and is basically the blue print for the on screen authority figure that haunts wrasslin to this very day.

Mother fucking Kronus. God damn, I've never seen a dude put on so much weight so fast. I swear he had to have put close to 25 pounds on in ONE MONTH.

After Kronus died, his family put out a statement. One of the things they said was that his favorite time to cook full on BBQ was at 2am.

It's a shame Kronus had zero wrestling ability, because he was agile as hell for a big guy.

Top Bottom