• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

- Goat Simulator
- The Crew

and

- Super Meat Boy
- Xcom: Enemy Unknown

I'd be fine with this, though I don't know why they'd release Enemy Unknown instead of Enemy Within. I bought EW on a sale a couple years ago and have been waiting for it to go BC for ages.

The Crew is iffy because they just gave away GRID 2 last month. Too many racing games, imo.

Westraid

The only game that seems interesting to me is The Crew, but I'm godawful at racing games, so I will pass on all four and for once not add to my already huge backlog. Excellent.

ironcreed

Banned
Some of the races in The Crew are insane and can last for an hour or more across huge distances. Especially the off road stuff. Just a crazy big game.

Other than maybe Goat Simulator, what is so bad about this list? Super diverse, some AAA & some indie, nothing really rated poorly.

None of the games really interest me.

I own The Crew, but found it really disappointing. I'm not into strategy games. Super Meat Boy is something I already got for free and didn't get into. Goat Simulator looks terrible.

I'd be fine with this, though I don't know why they'd release Enemy Unknown instead of Enemy Within. I bought EW on a sale a couple years ago and have been waiting for it to go BC for ages.

The Crew is iffy because they just gave away GRID 2 last month. Too many racing games, imo.

The Crew didn't do anything for me when I played it, and I already own it.

Nice list if true!

To each their own, I guess.

At least you have the amazing black ops 3 campaign to play.

I never said it was amazing. I said I liked it quite a bit.

flkraven

None of the games really interest me.

I own The Crew, but found it really disappointing. I'm not into strategy games. Super Meat Boy is something I already got for free and didn't get into. Goat Simulator looks terrible.

So it's not so much 'an awful list' rather it's 'not a great list for OCDChewie' bc IMO you can't really hope for a much better games list than this for GwG.

One of the best indie games of last gen
One of the best strategy games of last gen
AAA Coop Game
and Goat Simulator (I'm not excited about this one either)

But overall it's a great mix.

In April we got Sunset Overdrive, Wolf Among Us, Saints Row 4, and Dead Space, which was probably the best month the service ever had. I owned all the games except for Dead Space beforehand, but I can easily still admit that month was incredible.

What would be an ideal month for you? Within reason of course.

ohlawd

I'm honestly gonna play those four games for at least an hour each so it's a decent month. let's see if SMB and XCOM are worth their hype

Y0j1mb0

Xcom: Enemy Unknown?

tumblr_o27mhpo2En1qi6ht9o1_250.gif

Varg

Banned
Nice it's been confirmed . Pretty excited for the crew. Looked good when they ironed out the kinks and released the bike add on.

So it's not so much 'an awful list' rather it's 'not a great list for OCDChewie' bc IMO you can't really hope for a much better games list than this for GwG.

AAA Coop Game

In April we got Sunset Overdrive, Wolf Among Us, Saints Row 4, and Dead Space, which was probably the best month the service ever had. I owned all the games except for Dead Space beforehand, but I can easily still admit that month was incredible.

Something like:

Dead Rising 3 or Ryse
Among the Sleep

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Dead Space 2

flkraven

Something like:

Dead Rising 3 or Ryse
Among the Sleep

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Dead Space 2

I guess opinions are opinions man, bc I think your list looks meh af and lacking diversity. All of those games except for Ryse have either a dark vibe or are outright horror, DR3 and Ryse are literally 3 year old launch games, Arkham Asylum remaster just got announced, and Dead Space 1 was a GWG title literally 2 months ago. Doesn't seem realistic or better imo.

You expect them to announce Batman for free just after announcing a remaster?

I guess opinions are opinions man, bc I think your list looks meh af and lacking diversity. All of those games except for Ryse have either a dark vibe or are outright horror, DR3 and Ryse are literally 3 year old launch games, Arkham Asylum remaster just got announced, and Dead Space 1 was a GWG title literally 2 months ago. Doesn't seem realistic or better imo.

I was asked what an ideal month for me would be. I regretted trading Batman, so that would have been ideal. I'll get the remaster, though.

Among the Sleep was chosen because it's coming out in June and I've played a lot of the other digital games I'd like to.

Dead Space 2 is a game I want to get again.

actually interested in the crew, Goat simulator will be fun to goof off in when i have nothing better to do. Super meatboy will make 'Fuck' part of my regular vocabulary and Xcom ... i very much dislike Xcom. Good month, not great, but good.

j0hnnix

AAA Coop Game

April was a great month.. Ever since then its been a let down for me personally but I have other games to play so ill shrug may,june off... maybe get The Crew but dont want to spend time grinding a car mmo.

louiedog

I've owned all 4 GWG titles in previous months, but this might be the first time I've actually finished, or at least squeezed out a large part of the content, of all four games, and the better PC versions at that.

Good month though. I enjoyed all 4 quite a bit.

Nothing wrong necessarily. I personally hated it and it seems much more like a mess-around sandbox than a legitimate game.

It's a legitimate game, regardless of whether or not you hated it.

Chris1

Speculation here but I think people might be onto something with a surprise GWG @ E3.

Ybarra, GWG xbox wire post etc are hyping it up to celebrate GWG's third anniversary, but none of these games really celebrate it in a way it should.

1st Anniversary (June 2014):
Dark Souls
Charlie Murder
Street Fighter 4 (additional game)

2nd anniversary (June 2015):
They announced that from July onwards they will be releasing two games a month on XB1 instead of the usual 1.

This third anniversary just feels like a normal month unless they have something to announce at E3. Maybe another surprise GWG, or an announcement they're increasing the 360 GWG's to 3 a month?

Welfare

This third anniversary just feels like a normal month unless they have something to announce at E3. Maybe another surprise GWG, or an announcement they're increasing the 360 GWG's to 3 a month?

That would be a cool thing to do. 1st anniversary was an one additional game, 2nd was bumping the XB1 GWG to 2, and then the 3rd would be to increase the 360 GWG to a permanent 3.

Chris1

That would be a cool thing to do. 1st anniversary was an one additional game, 2nd was bumping the XB1 GWG to 2, and then the 3rd would be to increase the 360 GWG to a permanent 3.

Just remembered XB1 GWG started on its first anniversary aswell.

Something has to be coming at E3 IMO, the first 2 year anniversaries had something but the third year looks to be a usual month? don't buy it. Increasing 360 GWG's seems like the most possibly because they want devs to support BC and that pushes that, and it probably doesn't cost them much as the games are old. Also means people with 360 will have an even bigger backlog and might sway them into XB1. But who knows

Speculation here but I think people might be onto something with a surprise GWG @ E3.

Ybarra, GWG xbox wire post etc are hyping it up to celebrate GWG's third anniversary, but none of these games really celebrate it in a way it should.

Dark Souls
Charlie Murder

They announced that from July onwards they will be releasing two games a month on XB1 instead of the usual 1.

Hopefully there will be something, because this is an awfully bland celebration (for me). Goat Simulator? Eugh.

Ape

Banned

Dark Souls
Charlie Murder

Probably ain't PC games to gwg.

Flux

New games are up

Goat Simulator (XB1):
https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-One/Games/Goat-Simulator/e802e200-54ef-4fc6-a141-67e6dffadd8b

Super Meat Boy (360&XB1):
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Super-Meat-Boy/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a5a
(it may take some time for it to roll out to your region, if it's not showing as free try ctrl+f5'ing after logging in, or waiting a little longer)

Yeah Goat Sim is up for me (Canada, EST). Own SMB but assume it's available too.

Xemnas89

Don't know if this is the right place to bring this up and I'm certainly not complaining but did anyone else use the one month of gold for one dollar deal a couple months ago? I ask because I did yet despite being for one month I've had it for two months now. Like I said I'm not complaining but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if I'm just repeating the same 30 days over and over again.

Kaji AF16

The 360 version of The Crew was terrible, or at least that was what I thought after giving it a try. Then I got the Wild Run Edition on sale, for XB1, and now I consider it an underrated gem.

Sure, the physics are far from perfect, and there are still some server problems. But even the -in my opinion, glorious- Forza Horizon series could learn a trick or two from The Crew (specially if Playground Games is aiming for a bigger, more complex open world).

U_Know_Me

Don't know if this is the right place to bring this up and I'm certainly not complaining but did anyone else use the one month of gold for one dollar deal a couple months ago? I ask because I did yet despite being for one month I've had it for two months now. Like I said I'm not complaining but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if I'm just repeating the same 30 days over and over again.

Make sure it's not auto renewing your subscription. I think it automatically charges you by default if you haven't changed your subscription settings.

Brakara

The 360 version of The Crew was terrible, or at least that was what I thought after giving it a try. Then I got the Wild Run Edition on sale, for XB1, and now I consider it an underrated gem.

Sure, the physics are far from perfect, and there are still some server problems. But even the -in my opinion, glorious- Forza Horizon series could learn a trick or two from The Crew (specially if Playground Games is aiming for a bigger, more complex open world).

Forza Horizon's driving model combined with The Crew's open world would be glorious.

Chris1

New games are up

Goat Simulator (XB1):
https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-One/Games/Goat-Simulator/e802e200-54ef-4fc6-a141-67e6dffadd8b

Super Meat Boy (360&XB1):
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Super-Meat-Boy/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a5a
(it may take some time for it to roll out to your region, if it's not showing as free try ctrl+f5'ing after logging in, or waiting a little longer)

Heads up in addition to the above you can start The Crew free trial to "preload" it before it goes live on the 16th.
https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-One/Games/The-Crew/0efcf568-7d3c-433a-8465-1bc4a6a7ce02

mclem

There's loads of post-release content added to the PC version of Goat Sim, how much of it is in the console version?

Ctrl F5 after logging in it should update because I'm UK too, 360 web store sucks, just blame MS:p

It's still showing as £9.99 on the webstore, although there is a free button that you can't actually click.

Just home from work and managed to do it through the Xbox, first time buying a 360 game on the Xbox One. Pretty cool and seamless process :)

Top Bottom