• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Dlacy13g

I was literally looking to find Banner Saga 2 this morning in the store to get the price as I was going to pull the trigger on the purchase when it came out. What a great surprise today and a very solid month for GWG.

Cindro

FPS games where you're some military/special ops guy, set in the real world, are usually among my least favorite genres in all of gaming.

As such, I've never touched a Tom Clancy game outside of a few Splinter Cells - but that also means I've never looked closely at the other franchises beyond surface level snap-judgements.

Is there anything unique or over-the-top or interesting about Vegas 2, or does it align with my perception of being a generic (even if it's competently made) self-serious shooter?

Banner Saga 2 = looks to be excellent but I don't like tactical RPGs
R6 Vegas 2 = looks to be good/great but I don't like tactical FPSs
Tumbelstone = I love puzzle games but this one seems a bit... underwhelming. I will keep an open mind and check reviews
Tron: Revolution = I don't know much about this game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So looks to be a solid month, just not in genres that I'm interested in. That's fine by me. Better for my backlog. And great for others because Banner Saga 2 appears to be legitimately awesome.

Pretty much summed up my feelings to a tee about this month.

Monocle

Pretty much summed up my feelings to a tee about this month.
Yep, disappointing month. I'm kind of regretting that I redeemed my subscription card recently.

Then again, I really wanted the digital version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (so good, especially with the XB1 cobtroller), and Goat Simulator is amusing.

Novocaine

Do I have to play Banner Saga 1 before 2 or is each game their own seperate story?

Seems that way. From the PlayStation EU blog post about it;

Can we still play Banner Saga 2 if we haven’t played Banner Saga 1?

Arnie: Yes! There’s no downside if you’re jumping into this from scratch. To help those of you that didn’t play Banner Saga 1, we’ve included a recap video that gives you a quick low-down of events that happened before Banner Saga 2 and we’ve also given you two default characters to choose from in the starting options if you haven’t imported your save game from Banner Saga 1.

I think I'm still going to go through the first game before starting it though, I've been meaning to for a while.

cluto

Do I have to play Banner Saga 1 before 2 or is each game their own seperate story?

Banner Saga 2 is kind of like an "Episode 2" for the series. You probably wouldn't play Life is Strange or The Walking Dead Episode 2 before playing Episode 1. I personally wouldn't recommend bothering unless you've played the first.

Brakara

Banner Saga 2 is kind of like an "Episode 2" for the series. You probably wouldn't play Life is Strange or The Walking Dead Episode 2 before playing Episode 1. I personally wouldn't recommend bothering unless you've played the first.

It's more like playing Mass Effect 2 before Mass Effect. And since TBS 2 gives you a recap in the beginning, you can jump right into it. And with getting this for free, there's definitely no reason to blindly pay for the first one without knowing if you'll like it or not.

I claimed the 360 games on my Xbox One and now every time I turn on my 360 it tries to download those games no matter how many times I cancel the download? Is this a known issue?

Chris1

I claimed the 360 games on my Xbox One and now every time I turn on my 360 it tries to download those games no matter how many times I cancel the download? Is this a known issue?
This usually happens when a game is IP-region locked. Is your account region different to where you're living now?

timberger

BS2 is good, but the rest are poor. Not Goat Simulator poor, but incredibly uninteresting all the same.

That Tron game was such a hot slice of shit.

Hey ekim, do you happen to know if the first Banner Saga will be on sale for the summer sale...next week right? If it won't be I may start the second without playing the first. I can't get behind paying full price for the first now that we got the second free AND it has been on sale on PSN for $5 before, which chaps my buns.

Jawmuncher

Hey ekim, do you happen to know if the first Banner Saga will be on sale for the summer sale...next week right? If it won't be I may start the second without playing the first. I can't get behind paying full price for the first now that we got the second free AND it has been on sale on PSN for $5 before, which chaps my buns.

It's on sale now, only 25% off though

ekim

Doesn't look like it's included :(

speedomodel

Debating grabbing Banner Saga 1 while it's on sale.

1) Love the art style and I like the idea of a game outside my usual taste or comfort zone.
2) Concerned I won't like the gameplay and won't finish it

Hm hm hm hm

Kill3r7

1) Love the art style and I like the idea of a game outside my usual taste or comfort zone.

Hm hm hm hm

Watch a let's play of it and see if that helps. I bought the iOS version a while back for $3 or $4 and thought the game was alright.

Kinyou

Banner Saga 2 keeps showing up with a 20€ pricetag for me. Anyone else who has that problem? (Germany)

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 was free, so it's not like my gold sub has run out or anything.

Edit: Nevermind, it worked when I tried it through the browser

Banner Saga 2 keeps showing up with a 20€ pricetag for me. Anyone else who has that problem? (Germany)

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 was free, so it's not like my gold sub has run out or anything.

Yeah I had this issue on my Xbox but it worked for me through the browser too.

Samus4145

Same with my US account.

Nheco

if you are in the dashboard preview, there are some issues with gold subscription based freebies and discounts, so yes, get it trough browser

speedomodel

Watch a let's play of it and see if that helps. I bought the iOS version a while back for $3 or $4 and thought the game was alright.

Good idea, shocked I didn't think of it. Will do this. Maybe I'll just play a bit of 2 first as well and see if I enjoy it enough to get the first.

Novocaine

Hm hm hm hm

I'm not the biggest fan of turn based combat games, only 2-3 I've ever really enjoyed. But I decided to get the first game anyway. I've wanted to play it for a while and it's only 10-15 hours long so I'm pretty sure I'll get through it fairly easy.

Haha woops, it really does look like Warriors Orochi 3 was supposed to be this month's game maybe and someone got their wires crossed with that Tweet? I guess at some point they decided to bump up BS2's release instead.

Not too worried, already got the game on Wii U.

Chris1

Haha woops, it really does look like Warriors Orochi 3 was supposed to be this month's game maybe and someone got their wires crossed with that Tweet? I guess at some point they decided to bump up BS2's release instead.

Not too worried, already got the game on Wii U.
Didn't Ekim say that game might be GWG too? Interestnig.

lol yup, available again for free now for Xbox's set to Japan region apparently. :p

Should have known, man, we sit here talking shit on GWG some months but imagine being one of the 3 Japanese Xbox players.. their GWG is dreadful. I hope all of them know how to region switch.

Anyways, for non Japan customers, if you want Max free:
https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...therhood/1d6640d3-3441-42bd-bffd-953d7d09ff5c
Bottom Left > Click your region > click Japan > buy for 0 Yen.

Max is amazing(still one of my favourite GWG's).. if you don't have it already make sure you pick it up!

Banner Saga 2 not showing up for free on the dashboard...
Yea I had same issue being in preview. Raibow 6 showed free but not Banner Saga2. If you go to Xbox app or the online store and buy it the install button pops up on the games with gold page on your X1.

Montresor

Someone please help!!!!

I'm losing my mind here... how do I kill zombies in the Goat Simulator DLC? I keep getting the "Kill 5 zombies" challenge but I can kill ANY zombies before the 2-minute timer.

I'm using Wheel Mutator to give myself more time but nothing I do kills them. They just fly away from me!!!

Edit: nevermind I uninstalled the game. Goat Simulator is horrible.

Chris1

Not Games with Gold but you can get Joy Ride Turbo for free. It's a 360 game that's BC with XB1.
Free Joy Ride Turbo, a racing game similar to Mario Kart, for the Xbox One (and 360) by going to this link:

http://wm6.walmart.com/Be-Snack-Ready-2015.aspx#slide4

Select "enter codes" then enter the following information when prompted:

Bag 1 - 373315XXX 12:18 Bag 2 - 373315XXX 09:39

Change the three Xs for each "bag" to any random number, fill out the rest of the information, and wait for your free game code. Enjoy!

(This may not work on mobile and may require a PC browser.)

EDIT: This should work outside of the U.S. as well, as confirmed by /u/jakescond
from Australia in the comments. Just use a U.S. zip code like 90210.

Credit to https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/4r2a9y/psa_free_joy_ride_turbo_game_for_the_xbox_one/

If you don't want to use your real email you can use http://10minutemail.com

Top Bottom