• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Elite Controller |OT| That's a paddlin'

Smokey

Is there any way I can use it for my PS4 also? I only found information about a product called Cronusmax Plus, but have no idea where to buy one. I live in Europe.

Also, do any of you use it for the PS4 with that adapter?

I use the cronusmax and the controller for ps4 at times. Its a powerful little piece of kit. Works great.

Well I caved and bought a new elite. Still miffed that in 6 months mine became unusable due to stick drift. I've only had one other xbox controller do this to me in 10 years, so of course my 150 dollar controller did it. :(

Sorry to hear that.

Microsoft wouldn't replace it under warranty after six months, or help you out?

I don't mean to be an ass, but I don't think I've ever dealt with stick drift and I've gamed a lot.

Is there any way I can use it for my PS4 also? I only found information about a product called Cronusmax Plus, but have no idea where to buy one. I live in Europe.

Their website doesn't mention international sales? If not you could tweet them and ask. I'd recommend eBay but they warn about fake sellers so probably best to ask them first.

Sorry to hear that.

Microsoft wouldn't replace it under warranty after six months, or help you out?

I don't mean to be an ass, but I don't think I've ever dealt with stick drift and I've gamed a lot.

The warranty is three months. Unfortunately I found out the hard way--thought it was a year. I complained to them in the chat and said I never got the package until a later date because it was backordered (the truth) and they gave me a break. It only cost me $10 to replace mine (shipping costs). It's insane that the warranty is three months--should be at least six but really a year, that's standard for almost everything.

Their website doesn't mention international sales? If not you could tweet them and ask. I'd recommend eBay but they warn about fake sellers so probably best to ask them first.

The warranty is three months. Unfortunately I found out the hard way--thought it was a year. I complained to them in the chat and said I never got the package until a later date because it was backordered (the truth) and they gave me a break. It only cost me $10 to replace mine (shipping costs). It's insane that the warranty is three months--should be at least six but really a year, that's standard for almost everything.

Oh, that's not bad then.

It cost me $20-something to ship mine.

FYI I had stick problems with the Elite controller out of warranty. So instead of buying a new elite controller I bought instead the newer model standard XBONE controller with the jack, swapped its daughterboards onto the Eilte (the one with the modules), and it worked (at least on the PC anyway) but note that the PC and the accessories app will now recognize the controller as a standard XBONE controller, meaning no paddles or remapping. I made sure to update the firmware of the controllers before doing the board change.

For me it was ok since Elite wasn't so much about the paddles or remapping as it was the feel, the sticks, and the low-friction movement.

SerTapTap

I don't have stick drift yet but damn you all are worrying me...is this something they ever plan to address? I definitely had it, but not majorly, on one of my 360 controllers.

I'll ask it here since it seemed to get no traction in the other thread:

Anyone buy the copper shadow controller? If so, how does it look in real life?

I'll ask it here since it seemed to get no traction in the other thread:

Anyone buy the copper shadow controller? If so, how does it look in real life?

Wondering about these myself. I want both, but prefer the look of the blue one. It pisses me off, though, that for $74.99 it has no grips.

They're not out in Canada until the 12th.

I have a problem. I have five Xbox One controllers, and only use one. I've barely used, or only tested, the others. One is unopened. Yet, I still want to pick up these because of an OCD compulsion.

A lot of people are about the CronusMax but that requires extra hardware and a weird setup to not have the timeout problem.

I use a Brook X360/Xone to PS4 adapter, myself. No weird setups and when Sony releases a firmware that kills whatever Brook uses to authenticate, Brook has a new firmware for a fix out within a day. I use my Elite when I'm playing Destiny so I can have parity playing on both systems and it works perfectly this way.

I use the CM+. I live in Australia and found a reseller here so you may find an online retailer i.e computer or tech sites that stock it.

I'm using my XB1 Elite controller on my PS4 with the CM+ and it hasn't missed a beat, no input lag or any complaints from me.

hwalker84

Got the Gamestop exclusive Halo 5 Elite component kit... Save your money folks. Not even close to worth it.
The gold dpad is the same angle as the normal one. They gave it some indents but it literally the same thing. The other dpad is the same angle with a little more surface area. Two of the analog sticks are the same height as the normal elite ones. Completely redundant.

Meh/10

Picked mine up yesterday from Argos (UK).

They have plenty back in stock by the look of things if anyone's interested.

Won't get my grubby mitts on it for a couple of weeks though (birthday pressie....ffs...)

sTiTcH AU

My right on the DPAD is starting to go. I sometimes have to press it multiple times for it to work, looks like I will have to get a replacement.

Archpath1

Just picked one up
Anything I need to know?
A button config site or page for certain games?
I'm playing most of the shooters atm
Halo,Cod,R6, and division

Any recommendations for paddles and such

Just picked one up
Anything I need to know?
A button config site or page for certain games?
I'm playing most of the shooters atm
Halo,Cod,R6, and division

Any recommendations for paddles and such

I have a setup that I use for almost all FPS:
Short left analog stick set to "smooth" and "use radial calculation" to make it easier to hold in that slow walk zone (second guessing this setup though)
Tall right analog stick set to "Aggressive", with "use radial calculation", and the curve adjusted to be not so strong.
Right trigger set to a 0-50 range instead of 1-100, for more responsive firing (and if I use the trigger stop, I still have full trigger range functionality.
2 lower paddles, using the short ones. Left set to B, right set to A.

Paddles on A and B allow for jump and boost for Halo, cover and mantle in The Division, and jumps and slides in Destiny. Upper paddles are set to X (left) and Y (right) and I occasionally use them. Like with Borderlands 2, I don't need to crouch so I move the paddle from lower left (B) to upper left (X) so I can use it to reload and loot items, both of which I do a lot in that game.

I have a second setup called "misc" that has everything at default except the paddles, which are mapped the same as my FPS setup. I use this config for every other game.

Berzerkiymc

Neo Member
just snagged one. Using it on pc. Love love love this premium feel and paddles are a really nice touch. been breaking it in with Killer Instinct, Gears of War and a few other titles.

Anyone using i with KI? what are ya configs?

Moa

Time to bring this back.

0AGGBw0.png

This is my second Elite controller that's done this in six months. Last time, I got in contact with a guy who worked on the Elite controller. He replaced it and sent me a very hefty care package as an apology. Turns out there was some production issue causing the issue.

And here I am again, exact same issue after using it for a few months.

Trying to contact the guy from Microsoft again, hopefully he can help me out.

Really tired of this :/

Time to bring this back.

0AGGBw0.png

This is my second Elite controller that's done this in six months. Last time, I got in contact with a guy who worked on the Elite controller. He replaced it and sent me a very hefty care package as an apology. Turns out there was some production issue causing the issue.

Oh, wow. Sorry to hear that's happening to you. Good luck getting a cheap or free replacement.

I haven't used mine much since getting a new replacement. I hope it'll hold up well. I will likely buy a new one when they release a new colour.

I was going to ask what I was looking at, because my eyes didn't see the issue. I thought one of the joysticks maybe looked off, so I was looking around there.

Time to bring this back.

0AGGBw0.png

This has me really worried now, I'm using the Elite controller only for a couple of days but when I first took it out of the box I immediately noticed the cheap thin plastic bumpers and triggers. That's far from what I'd consider "Elite/Premium", I think the standard 360 controllers have thicker and more durable bumpers/triggers than the elite controller :/

This has me really worried now, I'm using the Elite controller only for a couple of days but when I first took it out of the box I immediately noticed the cheap thin plastic bumpers and triggers. That's far from what I'd consider "Elite/Premium", I think the standard 360 controllers have thicker and more durable bumpers/triggers than the elite controller :/

You're probably right lol. My bumpers haven't busted yet (that's what she said), but they feel hollow when you click them, so much so that I try to just tap the ends to perform the necessary action. I think that's how you're supposed to use them anyway.

Time to bring this back.

0AGGBw0.png

I had this happen too. Who did you contact?

Ocho

My elites top left bumper is sticking. I can't seem to be able to register the serial number on the support site to request a RMA. How did you guys replace your faulty controllers?

My elites top left bumper is sticking. I can't seem to be able to register the serial number on the support site to request a RMA. How did you guys replace your faulty controllers?

Chat with support. You'll have to provide a receipt to prove it's within the warranty period. The serial number doesn't work because the controller isn't listed as an accessory.

Special C

So I decided to eat the cost and buy a new Controller when mine was hit with stick drift. I found some on ebay for 119 sold by best buy. Figured it was risky but they came with the mfg warranty and listed con dition as like new so I figured it was worth a shot.

Turns out it comes in torn packaging taped back together. No big deal, but sure enough the right stick was making an awful noise when rotating.

Luckily I was able to take it to a best buy and they exchanged it for a brand new 149.99 controller no questions asked. I bought the 20 dollar geek squad 2 year warranty this time.

Still debating sending my other one back to MS for repair. Anyone know how much they charge?

So I decided to eat the cost and buy a new Controller when mine was hit with stick drift. I found some on ebay for 119 sold by best buy. Figured it was risky but they came with the mfg warranty and listed con dition as like new so I figured it was worth a shot.

Turns out it comes in torn packaging taped back together. No big deal, but sure enough the right stick was making an awful noise when rotating.

Luckily I was able to take it to a best buy and they exchanged it for a brand new 149.99 controller no questions asked. I bought the 20 dollar geek squad 2 year warranty this time.

Still debating sending my other one back to MS for repair. Anyone know how much they charge?

If it's within warranty you just pay for shipping. If it's out of warranty you're SOL.

is it normal for the rumble to be a little noisy?

The trigger rumble has been noticeably louder and higher pitched than the regular rumble, and this has been the case for all XB1 controllers I've owned (Day One, Lunar White, and 2 different Elites). I typically play with headphones on though, so the noise isn't really bothersome, but I do notice it from time to time.

nick nacc

Banned
The trigger rumble has been noticeably louder and higher pitched than the regular rumble, and this has been the case for all XB1 controllers I've owned (Day One, Lunar White, and 2 different Elites). I typically play with headphones on though, so the noise isn't really bothersome, but I do notice it from time to time.

funny i just noticed and have had it for weeks. Same situation with headphones.

Rootbeer

Banned
*EDIT* I uninstalled all my usb controllers, rebooted and I think it's working now... never experienced this before!

Argh.. I need help. My XBO controller is not working anymore. I don't know why.

When I plug it in I just get this:

0a3de92d383abba7f0ad9470163e5113.png

I'm on Windows 10... the drivers should already be there. I have the Xbox Accessories app installed too. When I open it, it doesn't see anything.

My PC knows a device is connected and is giving it power. I can press the little green button and it will rumble briefly. I can also make the "X" logo button light up if I press it...

What the fuck is going on!?

Odrion

Banned
Bought one from Amazon Warehouse "Like New" for $100.

When I got it there was a scratch on the metal by the guide button, so I called Amazon and they gave me a 30% off coupon so... That's nice?

But anyways, is this thing safe to clean with lysol wipes? Will I be damaging the soft matte or whatever?

Rellik

I got mine from the Gamestop deal in the UK. (£99)

Seriously impressed with it so far, and keep in mind I've only played it on Sherlock Holmes which is a slowing moving detective game.

Before buying I didn't even know it had hair trigger clocks. That really impressed me and I can see its uses.

Everything about it just feels... premium. Everything from the weight, the fabric and the buttons.

The only negative is that I can tell it's going to be a bitch to keep clean. Plus, the DS4 now feels like a cheap POS to me.

SwolBro

Banned

This is so damn key. I've been repeating this since before the launch. Get the warranty. Controllers always break, no matter what one or what system.

Microsoft/sony/nintendo need to start offering extended warranty on their remotes.

GECK

Been playing DS3 with the Elite. What kind of analog stick settings are you people using? Been using aggressive setting but having issues with manual aiming hits going in random directions.

every single time I've tried to order from amazon warehouse the product has arrived broken, incomplete, or damaged in some way

Yeah I'd avoid amazon warehouse for the most part, bought some dodgy headphones from there which I promptly returned. But you do know you're basically ordering refurbished stuff from not-actually-amazon

sangreal

Yeah I'd avoid amazon warehouse for the most part, bought some dodgy headphones from there which I promptly returned. But you do know you're basically ordering refurbished stuff from not-actually-amazon

Yeah, but they're supposed to be "hand-checked and graded"

Burger

Still no word from Microsoft on remapping the paddles to be anything other than other Xbox buttons?

Fucking shambles when you put the Xbox Accessories App next to what you can do with a Steam Controller.

Ecto311

So someone's dog got a hold of a controller..why post it?

This is the OT for it and it's somewhat interesting. Especially since there is a ton of bitching about little shit like buttons not "feeling right" or sticks making noises - here is one with real problems. Why not post it?

I'm interested in getting this controller for PC only. Are there any problems running it, specifically Windows 10?

I have one for my PC. The quality is fantastic and it feels great. But there's absolutely no purpose in getting it right now due to the inability to map paddles. There's workarounds, but you lose some of the controllers features like rumble etc.

Here's a workaround I saw, but I haven't attempted it yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/468wv0/workaround_for_mapping_xbox_elite_controller/

Top Bottom