• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

Killer

Banned
That's not Ninja Gaiden II.

image.php

People having issues with Kameo not showing up on their ready to install list should try changing region. I changed mine from UK to Canada after buying Quiplash and Kameo showed up in my list randomly.

Flintty

Man, I hope Capcom, Namco, Sega, and Treasure get behind BC. I have so many great games trapped on last gen consoles, especially fighters and older arcade and console ports.

They'd be crazy not to. There's real potential for a true 'Steam like' experience on Xbox with old games being made available for cheap. Money is money!

Montresor

I've given up trying to get into the BC program. I've been invited but I don't think I'll be granted access.

I want to start getting hyped about BC for this holiday but I need all of the following confirmed before I get on the train:

1) Confirm that MS engineers have found a solution for multi-disc games

2) Confirm that MS engineers have found a solution for certain cloud saves not working. I.E. why would Super Meat Boy cloud saves not work? They should fix this.

3) Confirm that MS engineers have found a solution for the poor performance that Digital Foundry found with Mass Effect. Get rid of v-sync if you have to. Mass Effect should not run significantly worse on XB1 than it does on 360.

4) Confirm that really obscure games will get added. We know first parties will get added. But what about Enslaved? Killer Is Dead? Lollipop Chainsaw? Persona 4 Arena? How can we hope those games to get added if the voting system guarantees more popular games like Call of Duty and Red Dead Redemption get priority? Will we wait years for something like Blazblue to get added?

NH Apache

Banned
4) Confirm that really obscure games will get added. We know first parties will get added. But what about Enslaved? Killer Is Dead? Lollipop Chainsaw? Persona 4 Arena? How can we hope those games to get added if the voting system guarantees more popular games like Call of Duty and Red Dead Redemption get priority? Will we wait years for something like Blazblue to get added?

I don't understand why it is crazy that more popular games will be added first. People vote for them and after they are added, less popular games will flow to the top of the vote. Eventually, less popular games like Blazblue will matriculate to the top. I like the system and I think the system shows that the games people want will be capable. There's something like 1800 360 games. You can't expect all of them to be available immediately.

Decided to start picking up some Xbox 360 games in hopes that they get added to the BC list. If they don't, I'll just end up grabbing an actual 360 to play them on, haha

Me too, I just bought Killer is Dead and I'm looking for South Park, Lollipop Chainsaw and Deadly Premonition !

blakep267

Man, I hope Capcom, Namco, Sega, and Treasure get behind BC. I have so many great games trapped on last gen consoles, especially fighters and older arcade and console ports.
The only people who would t do it is probably activision and EA to an extent. Those capcom and the like would benefit from sales of older games that normally would be done since people would rather go to GameStop and get a used copy. But if they sell resident evil 6 or something at 8.99 on the digital store, that's just money for no work

purg3

slept with Malkin
Tales of Vesperia needs to be added ASAP. Really been wanting to play it lately but don't have my 360 anymore. Never finished it.

Still no word of when they intend to add more games to the list?

Hopefully more will be added around Gamescom?

Chitown B

I've given up trying to get into the BC program. I've been invited but I don't think I'll be granted access.

I want to start getting hyped about BC for this holiday but I need all of the following confirmed before I get on the train:

2) Confirm that MS engineers have found a solution for certain cloud saves not working. I.E. why would Super Meat Boy cloud saves not work? They should fix this.

agreed on multi disc. I think they will.

agreed on cloud saves. SMB = wtf?

No way to "confirm" the rest - it's totally up to publishers giving the OK.

Shaneus

If they've done this as a VM for the One, has anyone speculated if there's a chance it could also happen on PC via Windows 10?

Trup1aya

Do you think it's unreasonable to prioritize testing and implementing BC on the games lots of people are clamping for? That's just good business... If this program is widely used, then I suspect even the most obscure games to make it eventually... But if RDR gets in before Lollipop Chainsaw, I wouldn't be surprised or upset.

JimmyHoffa04

Neo Member

3) Confirm that MS engineers have found a solution for the poor performance that Digital Foundry found with Mass Effect. Get rid of v-sync if you have to. Mass Effect should not run significantly worse on XB1 than it does on 360.

First, breath.

1) Interesting problem.

2) If I recall, SMB never supported cloud saves (dev choice), which is why MS stated that: "*Cloud saved games are not supported for this title."

3) How I read the article it seemed that Mass Effect looked and ran better in most cases, but worse in heavy combat. Sooooo... win?

4) They probably have limited resources for BC, so they will prioritize based on the biggest bang for their buck. Meaning, they will do the most popular game that use the most popular game engines. Once they finish a game in a certain engine they are well on their way to knocking out other game using that engine.

from this weeks deals with gold list oh man, if they can get Skate 3 BC ill be so fucking in, loved the skate games but never got to finish them

Xbox 360:

Burnout Paradise - $3.74
Crysis 2 - $4
Chivalry - $7.50
Fuse - $5
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $4
Mirror's Edge - $3.74
MX vs. ATV Alive - $5
MX vs ATV Reflex - $5
Peggle 2 - $3.95
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare - $6.60
Skate 3 - $5
Syndicate - $5

for 5 bucks its hard for me to say no lol, damn tempting

mike4001_

Still no word of when they intend to add more games to the list?

Don´t know if they will add more before the public rollout.

This is a preview to find bugs for the general system.

And there already have been 2 updates which fix Multiplayer and so on issues with BC titles in general.

There is no need for us to "test" more games ...

mike4001_

First, breath.

4) They probably have limited resources for BC, so they will prioritize based on the biggest bang for their buck. Meaning, they will do the most popular game that use the most popular game engines. Once they finish a game in a certain engine they are well on their way to knocking out other game using that engine.

If they can really "just" bring 20 new titles each month. I bet that around 95% of the heavily requested titles are there within 1 year (assuming the publisher does not block a game)

very excited for this, was hoping for more of a like, monthly roll out of 10-20 more games added, but its not public after all i guess.

Didnt they say over 100 when it launches? Maybe theyll just do them all at once.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
very excited for this, was hoping for more of a like, monthly roll out of 10-20 more games added, but its not public after all i guess.

Didnt they say over 100 when it launches? Maybe theyll just do them all at once.

All I want is 1 game but recognize it is low priority for MS. Will probably get an XBO soon anyway.

fixedpoint

Decided to start picking up some Xbox 360 games in hopes that they get added to the BC list. If they don't, I'll just end up grabbing an actual 360 to play them on, haha

After looking at the list of games I hope come to BC.. I caved and picked up another 360 console yesterday.

After looking at the list of games I hope come to BC.. I caved and picked up another 360 console yesterday.
Just wish they had some sort of $99 360 already. I'm surprised that it has held its price for so long. The PS3 I get, it's got a blu ray drive and the cell isn't something that is cheaply manufactured. But 360 doesn't have those issues.

Flintty

Well, I'm still playing Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Call of Cthulhu and Deathrowon my 360 from the original Xbox. Those were the golden years :)

The golden age for me started in November 2002: The launch of Xbox Live. Unreal Championship, Moto GP, Ghost Recon and Return to Castle Wolfenstein. The community at the beginning was awesome and there was a real buzz about it. Clans, e-drama and paying £30> a month for 1mb NTL broadband just to play online. Wife thought I was mad till she got involved and ended up forming one of the (if not THE) first all girl clans on Xbox.

It was fucking awesome.

We need another Unreal Championship. And Wolfenstein. Medic!!!!!

Bsigg12

EA has EA Access. Maybe they will offload 360 games onto it as part of the subscription, via BC.

Or as they have done this week have publisher sales for 360 games and xbox one owners may buy them in anticipation for BC.

I would really like to see EA go that route and just start dumping 360 games onto EA Access. I want to play Syndicate again.

Frog-fu

Banned
As soon as I heard this I bought a copy of Lost Odyssey. Tried it out for about an hour on 360. Not touching it again until it's backwards compatible.

Top Bottom