• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

EBE

I was under the impression that because of the way BC is implemented screen-tearing should be non-existent for all games

yeah i guess youre right. i personally didnt know if the original version suffered from much or little tearing though and it sounds like it was reaaally bad on 360

mike4001_

Kind of have the feeling, that lately BC games are running pretty well.

Probably their emulator is in a finished state by now.

Or have there been any games like "HALO Reach" or "Gears 3" (pre-patch) lately with bad input lag or bad framerates ?

gossi

looking at an old digital foundry article for force unleashed and yikes does the ps3 version look bad. 360 had a noticeably advantage in texture resolution and filtering looks like, as well anti aliasing? ps3 image quality looks 'smeared over'

anyway, good to hear theres no screen tear. ill pick it up since its on sale

It's on sale now, I got it for 4 quid.

Du2andal

Banned
All of these Sega arcade titles are cool but I'm still holding out hope that Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection will show up. I don't remember off hand any games that they would have to re-license but I could be completely wrong.

Or have there been any games like "HALO Reach" or "Gears 3" (pre-patch) lately with bad input lag or bad framerates ?
I think it definitely must be because they aren't updating titles like they used to

gossi

Yeah I'm still waiting for those and oblivion and Skyrim too. It's nice that they're adding more games but there have been very few big ones lately .

EvB saw Oblivion in testing. Skyrim not so much - as previously covered in this thread, I think they're going to remaster it - with mod support - and announce at E3 (they sent out press invites with the Skyrim Dovakiin logo thingy).

Bizzquik

Where is Dragon Age Origins and 2? Thats what I want to know.

Yup. Bioware is easily my most-requested developer.
I want multi-disc figured out so we can get Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. And I absolutely want Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2.

No multi-disc worries with DA:O and DA2. So I wonder if Microsoft is still figuring out the emulation, or if EA is holding it back.

I basically have decided to wait until E3 on backward-compatibility and remasters. I figure some publishers will see fit to use backward-compatibility as a pre-order incentive on a new holiday game, and some publishers may be holding off support from backward-compatibility because they don't want BC to interfere with their remaster plans.

JeffG

Yup. Bioware is easily my most-requested developer.
I want multi-disc figured out so we can get Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. And I absolutely want Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2.

No multi-disc worries with DA:O and DA2. So I wonder if Microsoft is still figuring out the emulation, or if EA is holding it back.

I basically have decided to wait until E3 on backward-compatibility and remasters. I figure some publishers will see fit to use backward-compatibility as a pre-order incentive on a new holiday game, and some publishers may be holding off support from backward-compatibility because they don't want BC to interfere with their remaster plans.
We will never know exactly what is going on, but it seems that it isn't so straight forward that they can just convert games in mass.

Looks like Microsoft is doing all the testing. (Which makes sense...Other publishers wouldn't want to spend more money testing old games.)

But I could see EA holding out just so they could control the release date so that they could release them into EA Access under some marketing scheme.

josh924

Banned
All of these Sega arcade titles are cool but I'm still holding out hope that Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection will show up. I don't remember off hand any games that they would have to re-license but I could be completely wrong.

I don't know about any license issues they would have, but before Doom 3 was made BC, I would have told you "Don't hold your breath", since both Doom 3 and Sonic's UGC aren't available digitally. Now, there's hope for Sonic's UGC and other non-GoD titles, like Deadly Premonition and Nier.

shandy706

How long has it been since a bunch of us downloaded Red Dead to our consoles?

My fear, months ago, that we'd have to wait till E3 seems to be accurate.

Chris1

Plus they been chumming games out like crazy lately, it does seem like they had major improvements to the emulator over the past 2-3 month.

LowerLevel

How long has it been since a bunch of us downloaded Red Dead to our consoles?

My fear, months ago, that we'd have to wait till E3 seems to be accurate.

My fear was that R* would back out and make us buy a remaster. I really liked the game but not enough to spend $50/60 again...

shandy706

My fear was that R* would back out and make us buy a remaster. I really liked the game but not enough to spend $50/60 again...

I'd probably bite, but I prefer they put effort into new games and give us BC.

Edit* I wonder if they're saving a lot of big names for an E3 segment. Skyrim, RDR, PGR, Forzas, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Dead Rising, etc....Available Now!

naitosan

Nice! Alot of SEGA titles lately, makes me hope Vanquish is one of games coming up next. Of course, Outrun, After Burn Climax, Virtua Fighter, etc. too.

LowerLevel

I'd probably bite, but I prefer they put effort into new games and give us BC.

Edit* I wonder if they're saving a lot of big names for an E3 segment. Skyrim, RDR, PGR, Forzas, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Dead Rising, etc....Available Now!

Yeah, same thought here. E3 Phil comes out saying how bc is a success then proceeds to announce another 100+ games now available...

Would love some Skyrim, Dragons Dogma, Tales up on there!

Synth

There is no license weirdness with Daytona?

Also where the hell is Rez?

There's no license weirdness with Daytona USA at the moment, as you can still buy it digitally.

There WILL be licensing weirdness at some point though, which is why the need to hurry the fuck up with it!!!

MechDX

Since they released Star Wars TFU on May 4th I'm really hoping they do the same with Marvel .Ultimate Alliance for the release of Captain America : Civil War

Top Bottom