• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Synth

Y84bmAq.jpg

Eeyore is oneida

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Sega eventually let them make Afterburner Climax, Outrun Arcade and Sega Rally Arcade backwards compatible. OK they can't sell them right now due to licensing issues but let me play them please :)

I hope Sega eventually let them make Afterburner Climax, Outrun Arcade and Sega Rally Arcade backwards compatible. OK they can't sell them right now due to licensing issues but let me play them please :)

Pretty sure the games with licensing issues will never appear unless Sega works something out legally ($$) with the current license holders. Since the XB1 can't just play your existing game straight off the disc (disc just unlocks the downloadable XB1 BC version as long as it's in the drive), releasing a BC XB1 game is essentially releasing the game on a new platform and you have to have a license to do that whether you actually sell it or not. This is why Castle of Illusion appeared a couple days before it was delisted. It was then or never. Hope I'm wrong about that, though.

muzzymate

if the adapter isn't needed anymore pls tell me so i can return it. headset is hyper x cloud 2's.

not for my savings account! :)

Does your headset have a standard 3.5mm post? If so, you can use just the port on the controller. The adapter will only gain you the hardware volume buttons. But if your headset has those already, then you don't need it.

gragy10

Throw in Daytona and give us teh full set Sega.
Please.
);

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
You're a celebrity now. To be honest, it still kinda blows my mind we live in the time where the heads of console manufacturers and video game companies communicate directly with fans.
Twitter is amazing and horrible

The Maw's install size is bizarrely large. The game is something like 138MB on Xbox 360 (and all the DLC combined is only 1-2MB) and yet the install is 865.7MB on Xbox One, meaning the emulator adds well over 700MB... Usually it's something like 560MB, and I think the racing wheel updates bumped it to just over 600MB. Wonder why it's so much bigger here.

The Maw's install size is bizarrely large. The game is something like 138MB on Xbox 360 (and all the DLC combined is only 1-2MB) and yet the install is 865.7MB on Xbox One, meaning the emulator adds well over 700MB... Usually it's something like 560MB, and I think the racing wheel updates bumped it to just over 600MB. Wonder why it's so much bigger here.
Isn't it obvious?? The Maw has been remastered to be a graphical showpiece

muzzymate

Public release update tonight containing "General stability and performance improvements". Hoping it contained the backwards compatibility stuttering fix. A half hour session with Bayonnetta performed great but that was directly after a reboot.

I don't really have any personal interest in VF5 myself but because of GAF I still got really excited when I saw it was being added to BC lol.

It's like oooooh there's gonna be some happy people and that made me feel happy too! :D

I played Forza Horizon 1 again all night last night and not a single stutter or drop, that preview update def fixed it. BC is awesome. <3

cireza

hey, is there some setting i need to enable downloading while the console is powered off? was hoping VF would be downloaded when i woke up but it made no progress at all.
You have to select the power on type "instant on", and there is also an option : You don't want to disable the hard-drive when the console is off. Should be in the same screen.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
hey, is there some setting i need to enable downloading while the console is powered off? was hoping VF would be downloaded when i woke up but it made no progress at all.

You have to select the power on type "instant on", and there is also an option : You don't want to disable the hard-drive when the console is off. Should be in the same screen.

Hard drive can be disabled when the console is sleeping, it will be turned on when there's something to download and turned off after. Also, this option is only for external HDD.
I use it and when there's game update or remote downloads, the HDD is powered on by the console until download is done.

Another note : Xbox 360 games on Xbox One won't go in the download queue automatically, you have to manually download it from the "Ready to install" menu.
But it can still be downloaded like any other game when the console is off in Instant mode and the option to do so is enabled.

oneida

Thanks, at work now but I'll switch it when I get home. VF5FS is on top of my download queue, but holy shit I had like 40 360 games to download. For Bayonetta, I only have the disc - once it installs, do I still need the disc?

Backlogger

Thanks, at work now but I'll switch it when I get home. VF5FS is on top of my download queue, but holy shit I had like 40 360 games to download. For Bayonetta, I only have the disc - once it installs, do I still need the disc?

Yes you'll always need the disc to play unless or until you buy the digital copy

By the way sorry if already mentioned but Mr Splosion Man appears to be free for gold members right now

FyreWulff

I am still wondering how I can play local co-op games which require a second logged in profile...

Sign in a profile on the One with your second controller, but most 360 games should trigger the "multi login" screen when you go into local multiplayer as well.

edit: this one

600px-MultiplayerSignin.jpg

Scrawnton

I know this is beating a dead horse, but Lost Odyssey. The only thing holding the game up is multi disc emulation, right? There's no legal issue or anything to do with rights? Microsoft holds the say in this games rerelease, correct?

What I'm getting at is Lost Odyssey on BC is a matter of when, not if, right?

EmiPrime

These are just initial impressions but input lag is surprisingly good on VF5 FS and I am using a wireless controller. I haven't tested with my 5ms monitor to know for sure but I think it passes the good enough threshold for 99% of people wanting a quick VF fix that should hopefully remain compatible across console generations.

Flicking back and forth between it and the PS3 version the music sounds worse. I don't know if that's the emulation or if the 360 version sounds any better (I don't feel like plugging mine in just for this). The compressed audio was bad enough on PS3 but this sounds rougher.

What's the difference between virtua fighter 5 online vs final showdown?

Without going into the minutiae, two new characters and new stages.

Dazzler

does anyone know of any issues with Deus Ex? I put the Xbox 360 disc into my Xbox One last night and it just makes some weird noises and doesn't do anything

I was able to successfully install Black Ops and AC2 by inserting the disc, just not Deus Ex

oneida

What's the difference between virtua fighter 5 online vs final showdown?
2 new characters, completely restructured combat system & reworked movelists in FS

but

if you value single player content, FS is not much more than an arcade port, whereas 5O has a good deal of SP content.

Top Bottom