• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One: Day One Edition from Walmart - Issue (Shipping Day Five)

nillapuddin

This is my friends situation right now, he has posted in other places on the web but there seems to be no help for him, what do yall think?

I pre-ordered my XBox One Day One with Walmart.com, mostly because I was moving and couldn't make an immediate pre-order, so that was all that was available. Now Walmart is saying that my "Day One" edition won't be delivered until November 26, or "Day Five" of the console. I tried talking to Walmart about this problem and how it could be resolved and apparently "Their system cannot process the orders until release date." and to make matters worse they said, "Our system takes 2 days to process and order." I then asked if I could alter my shipping method to a rush order, because when I ordered it standard shipping was all that was available. They said they were unable to make any changes to my order and could not even do that. Anyone else encountering this problem?

p.s. OP is in California

OP is CenturionOmegaI, post here

That's exactly what happened. I was moving to one of two cities and didn't know where I could have it shipped to when it was announced. As soon as I confirmed my address I made my pre-order, it was literally the first thing I did after getting my rental approved. I would have done Amazon had I been able to :/

UNCMark

Banned
When he created his online order, were the A-M-A-Z-O-N keys on his computer broken? Why would anyone choose walmart.com over Amazon?

Pop

When he created his online order, were the A-M-A-Z-O-N keys on his computer broken? Why would anyone choose walmart.com over Amazon?

Amazon sold out and Walmart opened up pre-orders late. I just hope they don't try and pull this shit with the ps4.

Centurionomegai

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon sold out and Walmart opened up pre-orders late. I just hope they don't try and pull this shit with the ps4.

That's exactly what happened. I was moving to one of two cities and didn't know where I could have it shipped to when it was announced. As soon as I confirmed my address I made my pre-order, it was literally the first thing I did after getting my rental approved. I would have done Amazon had I been able to :/

SHADES

Personally I'd try and make contact with MS PR, whats the point of pre-ordering a "Day one edition XBone" only to get it on day 5? Kinda disputes the exclusivity of the console and your loyalty as a customer.

Also is there some breakdown between vendor & distributor? Day one not being with the store until day one?

Get your friend to hit up all the MS guy's on twitter, at least you might get an explanation?

Eggbok

Xbox One Day One Day Five Edition. CONFIRMED

day5h.jpg

UNCMark

Banned
Personally I'd try and make contact with MS PR, whats the point of pre-ordering a "Day one edition XBone" only to get it on day 5? Kinda disputes the exclusivity of the console and your loyalty as a customer.

Also is there some breakdown between vendor & distributor? Day one not being with the store until day one?

Get your friend to hit up all the MS guy's on twitter, at least you might get an explanation?

LOL what's MS going to do about Walmarts online policies?

nillapuddin

yeah, this is probably what needs to happen, anyone point us in the right direction?

Heysoos

Unless I'm reading it wrong this sounds like Walmart fucking things up, not MS

Centurionomegai

Unconfirmed Member
Unless I'm reading it wrong this sounds like Walmart fucking things up, not MS

It is, but at the same time who will customers blame, and who will start getting the bad PR because their 'Day One' console was delivered 'Day Five?'

Microsoft has an incentive to work with retailers to improve this situation.

SHADES

LOL what's MS going to do about Walmarts online policies?

Please, I'm posing a question. If a company is selling "DAY ONE EDITIONS" and these aren't likely to be available on day one then as a vendor they have a responsibility also, there may be an issue with stock? who knows.

But its not going to very good PR and its not like MS could do with more negative PR surrounding this console launch, especially if said DAY ONE EDITION actually turned out to be a DAY FIVE EDITION, then they have a vested interest in that issue,

As to your question, If non satisfactory results come from it MS could supply the day one themselves along as proof of purchase/pre-order is valid.

UNCMark

Banned
Please, I'm posing a question. If a company is selling "DAY ONE EDITIONS" and these aren't likely to be available on day one then as a vendor they have a responsibility also, there may be an issue with stock? who knows.

But its not going to very good PR and its not like MS could do with more negative PR surrounding this console launch, especially if said DAY ONE EDITION actually turned out to be a DAY FIVE EDITION, then they have a vested interest in that issue,

As to your question, If non satisfactory results come from it MS could supply the day one themselves along as proof of purchase/pre-order is valid.

MS has no responsibility in this matter. And if you read the OP, you'd know it has nothing to do with stock. It states Walmarts systems can't process orders until release date. Tweeting MS is pointless. If he's going to contact anyone, contact Wal Mart.

Eusis

Sounds like Walmart isn't taking next-gen seriously
I doubt they take any enthusiast stuff all that seriously. They're a general department store that cuts wherever it can for lowest prices/highest earnings meant to be casually shopped at, not really the place to go for hot new product launches.

Loakum

Banned

be careful with Target, when it comes to games. I purchased a game from Target, and when I got home and opened it, it had a blank audio CD instead of a game disc inside the game cover. I went up to the store with my sales slip, and they refused to give me a new game. I had to call Sony Customer Service, and they instructed the them to give me a new game, so they did. It was infuriating, because they were rolling their eyes at me, as I was leaving the store. I know two people who also had this happen to them, dealing with Target.

Ntsouls

Banned
Oh boo hoo hoo hooo.
Come onnnnnn. Who cares? Take the extra time to figure out where you will sell the camera.

Heysoos

It is, but at the same time who will customers blame, and who will start getting the bad PR because their 'Day One' console was delivered 'Day Five?'

Microsoft has an incentive to work with retailers to improve this situation.

The problem is, these retailers don't guarantee release day delivery like Amazon or some of the other online retailers. It happens with games, other consoles, etc. Doesn't it?

I could be completely wrong of course, so feel free to correct me, but anyone who ordered a PS4 online from WalMart is going to have the same issue. So if the issue is that Walmart won't ship out orders until release day, what exactly can Microsoft do? I'm sure Walmart has them way before release day.

SHADES

MS has no responsibility in this matter. And if you read the OP, you'd know it has nothing to do with stock. It states Walmarts systems can't process orders until release date. Tweeting MS is pointless. If he's going to contact anyone, contact Wal Mart.

I do not agree with you that MS has no responsibility in getting consoles to customers, Of course they do, just because walmart is point of sale doesn't mean work doesn't go on between both companies to ensure a smooth launch, ie; making sure supply chains aren't having any issues etc.
There are people at both Sony & MS who's very role is these very such things or do you believe that walmart say "Yo MS, gimme 250K consoles" MS put them in a truck & say "YO walmart, shits on you now brotha!" it doesn't work like that.

Should be grateful that Wal Mart were offering pre-orders after everywhere else was sold out.

You snooze you lose. No doubt the move couldn't be helped so whilst it sucks, that's life.

Would your friend prefer they ordered on Amazon when they were made available again and then receive the console weeks after launch?

UNCMark

Banned
I do not agree with you that MS has no responsibility in getting consoles to customers, Of course they do, just because walmart is point of sale doesn't mean work doesn't go on between both companies to ensure a smooth launch, ie; making sure supply chains aren't having any issues etc.
There are people at both Sony & MS who's very role is these very such things or do you believe that walmart say "Yo MS, gimme 250K consoles" MS put them in a truck & say "YO walmart, shits on you now brotha!" it doesn't work like that.

What do you expect MS to say to Walmart? "If you don't change your online ordering policies on pre-ordered hardware we're done doing business with you...you, one of the absolute biggest retailers in the United States." Yeah, not happening. And he might as well tweet Sony as well since this will also affects PS4 pre-orders. Unfortunately if you deal with Walmart, you get what you get.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Pre-orders at walmart opened up pretty late in the game no? Do places other than Amazon usually offer free same day shipping on pre-orders? My recollection is no...unless you are willing to pay for it? Sucks but could be worse...

SeanR1221

This is why the only online retailer I'd preorder from is amazon. I pre ordered mine at best buy in store, but I wouldn't even trust bestbuy.com with in store pickup to be honest.

this is more of a shipping issue based on where you live than anything? same thing for me on amazon, dont get mine till the Tuesday after release.(canada)

SRTtoZ

To me that's the price of doing business with a retailer that doesn't take release dates seriously. It's the reason I only preorder videogame stuff at GameStop.

lockload

The issue here is thinking that walmart are a bonafide internet company they are not it is tacked on

It wouldn't surprise me if that 2 days involves someone from "internet division" driving to a store, picking up the system and sending it

Gosh I hope he's okay with that... I mean by Day 5 these consoles will be almost entirely irrelevant. I mean they're almost entirely redundant after the first week, and it means he's only have the weekend to 'enjoy it' (that is ofcourse if he can still enjoy it after 5 days).

Travesty.

nillapuddin

To yall who are posting "oh god how will he live"

Thats not the point, the point is its fun and exciting to have something on the first day, we are in a play group of 6-8 people who all meet online and have been playing consistently for 3~ years now, we are all very excited to get a new console and continue our group and friendship, its gunna suck not having him there at the beginning.

Theres no reason to be a douchebag about it.

To yall who are posting "oh god how will he live"

Thats not the point, the point is its fun and exciting to have something on the first day, we are in a play group of 6-8 people who all meet online and have been playing consistently for 3~ years now, we are all very excited to get a new console and continue our group and friendship, its gunna suck not having him there at the beginning.

Theres no reason to be a douchebag about it.

I get the excitement, but if 5 days genuinely dulls that for you, then I don't think you're buying it for the right reasons.

I have a PS4 preordered, but I want it for the amazing graphics - I want to try all the next-gen games. If that happens a week later I don't mind. Actually I am from UK, it will be pretty much a fortnight later.

nillapuddin

I get the excitement, but if 5 days genuinely dulls that for you, then I don't think you're buying it for the right reasons.

I have a PS4 preordered, but I want it for the amazing graphics - I want to try all the next-gen games. If that happens a week later I don't mind. Actually I am from UK, it will be pretty much a fortnight later.

so wanting a console for amazing graphics is more important than wanting it to play with your friends?

What kind of point are you trying to make?

He was simply reaching out to see if anyone had a suggestion to see if he could have this issue resolved, not to be judged on whether or not he was "buying it for the right reason"

Top Bottom