• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Those weather effects. The sounds, the visuals.

ku-xlarge.gif

For me, there will always only be one.

bonus, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPMKcGK55nM

Can't forget...

tumblr_krikq94CCy1qzgblm.jpg

xDDD

Mine is in a box right next to me. I pulled out the original Xbox for some nostalgia. I played with my controller S though. I never used the Duke lol. Didn't even buy the Xbox until the S was available, and bought one with the system. In splitscreen I made other people use the duke.

ekim

So... the minimum height for Kinect is 0.6m? I really hope I can place the Kinect on my TV as it is rather thin. And I also don't know where to place the Xbox One as it doesn't fit under my TV. I can barely place the PS3 Slim there and the One is Thicker and I don't have place left or right to the TV. I may have to place it on top of my PC tower :lol

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
So has anyone heard any word if any of the launch games are going to get patched to run at 1080P?

Zakalwe

Banned
forza will review like a boss that it is.
ryse could beat all ps4 first party exclusives too. it sure has beaten literally EVERYTHING in a technical level already..

All impressions so far suggest Ryse is going to be a tech demo with dial-it-in QTE saturated gameplay. Not sure why anyone still thinks it has a chance of being more than average.

Forza is probably going to be good, though. Not a fan of racing games, but I think it's safe to say the game is going to score well.

Rodelero

oooh you mean RESOGUN? that indie shootemup that now is the essential part and crown jewel of sony lineup?
im sure resogun can singlehandedly offset the entire situation here, no problem at all..
i am also sure that resogun alone is worth 450euros to you. just may not be exactly the same story for everyone here ;)

What entire situation? That out of every exclusive game reviewed so far, only Resogun scores in the 80s?

The point I would make is that you exaggerate the difference here. Neither lineup is especially great. Is the Xbox lineup better? Probably. Broader? Definitely. Particularly good/worth shouting about? Not really. So good that Sonys appears relatively laughable? Not at all.

Only thing which could change this is if Ryse reviews far better than one could reasonably expect. Forza will surely review highest, though not into the 90s. I keep having to temper my expectations with that one on the basis of how limited its content and features are.

G_Berry

Banned
Guys, let's not start a war in here. With the recent comments, I can feel it brewing. Let's keep this thread to Xbox only.
Lol that evil brew. Funny how the negativity died down since PS4's release.

On topic... What's everyone going to play first?

-Me, open and set up xbox.
-Open Ryse (sniff the freshly opened package)
-Download updates and install :(
-Neaten up cables and shit, Kinect etc while I wait.
-Play for an hour or so, soak in the next gen feels.
-Bust out Dead Rising (Sniff it!). Play tutorial etc, kill some zombie heards.
-Then Forza!!! For hours!

BF4 and Cod can wait.

Zakalwe

Banned
What entire situation? That out of every exclusive game reviewed so far, only Resogun scores in the 80s?

The point I would make is that you exaggerate the difference here. Neither lineup is especially great. Is the Xbox lineup better? Probably. Broader? Definitely. Is it a much better lineup? No.

Launch line-up has no bearing - at all - on the quality of the future libraries for each console, and how each console is going to handle third-party games in terms of compatible quality.

Denying the fact that the ps4 or Xbone will have strong exclusives that will make purchase decisions difficult for those waiting to see how this pans out is like denying we need oxygen to survive.

It's inevitable both systems will have great exclusives and robust libraries. Fanboy posturing doesn't change the facts.

UNCMark

Banned
Ok this is pretty hilarious. I really want to know what Sony was thinking with that launch lineup

I don't think Killzone is a 7. I think it's a solid 8. Good title, and really beautiful. Not bad for launch at all. Knack is just pure garbage. No idea what the goal was with that. They kept saying its a family game for kids. My kid wouldnt touch that crap. She'd prefer to play great kid games (Mario, Rayman Legends, Skylanders). It's kind of insulting to hear Yosh say they aimed for mid 7s with the scores. They were also banking on Drive Club and Watch_Dogs. That would have made for a more solid launch. And for a company banking so hard on indies, there sure werent many at launch.

Microsoft definitely brought more to the table at launch.

p3tran

Banned

The point I would make is that you exaggerate the difference here. Neither lineup is especially great. Is the Xbox lineup better? Probably. Broader? Definitely. Is it a much better lineup? No.

well, crytek's latest along with new killer instict (that plays great) and a new, nextgen dead rising (huge world, no loading, hundreds of rag doll zombies just waiting),
these are very good offerings to go alongside of FORZA, which, you got to face it, it is the AAA game launching here ;)

add the rest of the games that are there for a rainy day like zoo tycoon and that online golf, and even that boring adventure game that everybody that is not me seems to love these kind of games, and I would argue that it is indeed a much better lineup. not just better...

or, as B3N1 put it better....
iuE1ZVhLsmAE9.gif

Rodelero

Launch line-up has no bearing - at all - on the quality of the future libraries for each console, and how each console is going to handle third-party games in terms of compatible quality.

Denying the fact that the ps4 or Xbone will have strong exclusives that will make purchase decisions difficult for those waiting to see how this pans out is like denying we need oxygen to survive.

It's inevitable both systems will have great exclusives and robust libraries. Fanboy posturing doesn't change the facts.

That's exactly my point: short of there actually being a killer launch app, it's a little bit shortsighted to be getting excited about how Microsofts mediocre review scores trump Sonys.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wasn't that ages ago back when CoD was also said to be 1080p? I'm concerned that the same thing may happen again.

IW atleast said the XB1 version was 720. The confusion here was the fudged up PS4 start, 720 SP/1080 MP without a patch.

dejay

Banned
I keep forgetting I get Fifa for free. I haven't been a huge fan since Fifa 64 (where my brother and I would turn referee strictness down to zero and just hack each other until everyone was limping and laughing our pot-fuelled heads off) but it will be handy to have for certain social situations.

gossi

Need For Speed: Rivals, NBA 2K14, Kinect Sports Rivals, Forza Motorsport 5, EA Sports UFC, Skylanders: Swap Force, and FIFA 14 are 1080p.

Rodelero

well, crytek's latest along with new killer instict (that plays great) and a new, nextgen dead rising (huge world, no loading, hundreds of rag doll zombies just waiting),
these are very good offerings to go alongside of FORZA, which, you got to face it, it is the AAA game launching here ;)

add the rest of the games that are there for a rainy day like zoo tycoon and that online golf, and even that boring adventure game that everybody that is not me seems to love these kind of games, and I would argue that it is indeed a much better lineup. not just better...

I'm glad you're excited for these games. It doesn't excuse ignoring things (like Resogun) which are inconvenient to the world view you are trying to push.

So, when does the next UFC come out? And is EA going to totally ruin it? Just saying, if they try striking with the analog sticks again . . . well, I'm going to punch them in the throat. :)

p3tran

Banned
I'm glad you're excited for these games. It doesn't excuse ignoring things (like Resogun) which are inconvenient to the world view you are trying to push.

I dont need excusing from nobody regarding my gaming tastes and my spending habits.
when I judge something, my judgement is autonomous, it doesnt need "support" or reviews to gain its weight.

back in the 360, we had geometry wars day 1, a jolly little shootemup that many will say is better overall than resogun (metacritic included since you brought that card up).

yet, back then it was a supplementary game, and viewed as such, and not as the meat and potatoes of launch.
so, you may want to calculate what your words sound like to many people, me included..

artist

Banned
Maybe asking his sources why none of them said anything about the issues the PS4 has...
Dat troll.

Wasn't that ages ago back when CoD was also said to be 1080p? I'm concerned that the same thing may happen again.
Yes - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s-runs-at-1080p-and-60fps-on-xbox-one-and-ps4

IW atleast said the XB1 version was 720. The confusion here was the fudged up PS4 start, 720 SP/1080 MP without a patch.
No. (see above)

madmackem

I dont need excusing from nobody regarding my gaming tastes and my spending habits.
when I judge something, my judgement is autonomous, it doesnt need "support" or reviews to gain its weight.

back in the 360, we had geometry wars day 1, a jolly little shootemup that many will say is better overall than resogun (metacritic included since you brought that card up).

yet, back then it was a supplementary game, and viewed as such, and not as the meat and potatoes of launch.
so, calculate what you say sounds like to many people, me included..

Im not sure it was a supplementary at all, i think many people came away saying it was there game of the launch for them. As a big geo wars fan resogun looks right up my alley and wont be writing it off in anyway. You seem very staunch in your ways and cant see it from other peoples view points.

Im excited for knack, i cant wait for ryse yet those two have been shit on for a long time, just accept people like different things.

p3tran

Banned
Im not sure it was a supplementary at all, i think many people came away saying it was there game of the launch for them. As a big geo wars fan resogun looks right up my alley and wont be writing it off in anyway. You seem very staunch in your ways and cant see it from other peoples view points.

Im excited for knack, i cant wait for ryse yet those two have been shit on for a long time, just accept people like different things.

I really liked geowars, I even made the high score tables.
but it was a game amongst pgr3, cod2, amped, condemned, the rare games, and many other worth playing games.
so it defo was supplementary, as i wrote above. not meat and potatoes..
no two ways about it..

i will be receiving my ps4 mid december, because tier3 country, but fuck me if I see anything more notable than resogun in ps4 right now...

Top Bottom