• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced - Branding for games with Visual/Performance Improvements

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
They are via a sort of automatic "boost mode", this thread is about dedicated patches to more fully take advantage of the hardware.

Did they detail more about how that would work?

Tyaren

Damn. If Witcher 3 really is receiving the upgrade treatment that has got to sting for PS4 Pro owners as CDPR said they won't update the game for the console.

It does, very much actually. :( I love the game and I was hoping and waiting for it to be patched for PS4 Pro, even though they said they wouldn't, all this time. *sigh*

Trup1aya

Did they detail more about how that would work?

Its just magic. Lol

all games played on the xb1x automatically get full access to the improved gpu and memory system. So games that have dynamic resolution or struggle with framerate stability should have no trouble maintaining their targets.

HTupolev

But then again h5 on xb1 is already 90 gigs
Allowing a game to render at a different resolution is usually a trivially small addition.

(And you'd think it would be especially simple in a game that's already able to run at different resolutions, and therefore shouldn't have many hard dependencies.)

borges

Banned
Yeah, as many said, Halo 5 was the first game I searched on that list. Hopefully its there for release time.
Other than that, support for Xbox One X (need to find a shortcut for it.. XoX maybe, "The X"?) seems to be more than good.

J@hranimo

Banned
Am I crazy or do I not see Halo 5 on this list?

Edit: holy shit it isn't. That's wild to think they don't have it there yet.

El_Chino

Still a long way to go from here to launch to see which titles get support.

Think Ark will at least get 1440p? Haha

BAW

Banned
Weird not seeing Rise of the Tomb Raider and Diablo 3 on the list. Maybe some developers have not decided yet if they will offer an X patch or not.

Gowans

yeah there is a few more first party or game as platform games I hope we see and games with DLC still coming.

Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege etc.

Anyway subbed to the thread.

From another thread, a pic of Forza 7 potential physical box.

xbox-one-x-game-console-boxarts-4.jpg

I wish the branding for 4K Ultra HD and HDR was clearer to show which members of the family supported which features. With the generic Xbox One at the top, some people will surely get confused.

Ushay

Really excited for Witcher 3 update.

And the list is great so far I will have a fair few I can revisit.

I wish the branding for 4K Ultra HD and HDR was clearer to show which members of the family supported which features. With the generic Xbox One at the top, some people will surely get confused.

That's a fair point with the One S having 4K playback, something I guess Microsoft will have to work hard in putting across.

Witcher 3 being on that list ensures that I will one day get an Xbox One X, so that I can experience the game at a much better framerate and graphical level.

Really looking forward to seeing the enhancements in lots of these, especially Dead Rising 4, FFXV, Fallout 4, Crackdown 3 and SoD2.

Raiders of the Broken Planet is also confirmed to be Xbox One X Enhanced. It has "improved visuals in 4K and full HDR support". They did NOT refer to it as native 4K however.

I am really curious about games like Star Wars Battlefront II and Call of Duty WW2. What enhancements should we be expecting?

I think that confusing is kinda of the point.

That's why they chose design and name so close to Xbox One S. They want you to think: It's the same console, only one is low end and the other high end.

I think that confusing is kinda of the point.

That's why they chose design and name so close to Xbox One S. They want you to think: It's the same console, only one is low end and the other high end.

Maybe an ENHANCED FOR XBOX ONE X logo on the top right would be better with the 4K+HDR logos on the back listed as features for XBOX ONE X.

Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if the confusion was a little intentional.

Top Bottom