• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX2. 2005. The "will you get it at launch?" poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone had to start this. We'll gauge the GAF opinion and get a ground level opinion on MS's pre-emptive strike. Put YES/NO and reasons to your choice

NO

I want to see what the competitors are offering, both SONY and Nintendo have the bigger titles I like. You list the franchises. They're on both these boxes. While The xbox1 has the best multiplatform titles. XBOX2 will be pressed to have these;

I want to see what the DS/PSP is bringing to the gaming table and if my money will be better spent here. MS is notorious (okay, they did it once.. when they sweated at their stinky sales) for cutting the console price drastically. Waiting even for 2 months will be good. Can't think of any titles MS will have for launch that will be amazing/MUST GET. Their mainstay big titles fall under the categories of driving/fps.. and the only evolution I see is graphics.

so NO. I can wait.

No definite answers, i'll buy Sony and Nintendo consoles at launch but I dunno about MS. It'll depend on what they have, if it's similar to the Xbox 1 launch then probably. HALO's pretty much got to be there unless they've got PD0 though.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It's not like you will buy one anyways GreenGiant. Trolling Xbox seems to be your fulltime job.

not exactly true but close enough. Doesn't make this poll invalid.

Nearly bought Shenmue 2 today for the xbox too.. Its not all rainclouds, sunshine.

Mooreberg

I'm not buying anything other than software and maybe some more RAM for my computer until 2006. I just got Xbox last year so I've got no need for the follow up next year, especially since Halo 3 won't be around until well after then.

Kudie

No, I usually do not buy consoles at launch due to a possible faulty system and because the launch lineups are often bad.

SKluck

Banned
Depends on the lineup, obviously, but I've never bought a console at launch, and I probably won't start next generation.

Pimpbaa

Yeah, most likely. I liked my xbox much more than my cube and almost as much as my ps2, so I'm definitely looking forward to the xbox2.

Subitai

Probably

If there's Perfect Dark Zero, and some other decent launch titles, it will be worth it to me. Especially considering there isn't anything I want more on PS2 and GCN that will be out at that time next year.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
Hell no. I'll simply wait for teh better tech. & capabilities of the Revolution & the PS3. As well as the many IPs that they both possess.

Chrono

Banned
No.

Only console I'll be getting at launch is Nintendo's, and that's only if they have good EAD games. Especially a Mario game. I'll get PS3 later for the other 3rd party stuff and square RPGs. Nintendo/Sony combo is more then enough for me. It would take a LOT of exculsives for me to buy an xbox 2-- more stuff like Ninja Gaiden and Orta. If they can get a Final Fantasy for example, I'll be in line. That or if xbox 3 completely destroys ps3 and all the 3rd party stuff not on Nintendo's console is available on--and ONLY-- on xbox 2. I really doubt that would ever happen though. :)

Hellraizah

peteypablogivessuckysucky.gif

Hypnotizing

Great thread "TheGreenGiant".

You're the guy that got the other thread locked after you stated that I should be sniped from a roof because I don't play my Gamecube often enough for you.

Go play in another sandbox.

I am pretty sure i'll get an xbox.. well basically I'll get one unless MS really f's up with it...

i love xbox live, and i want to continue that with xenon.

I never get consoles at launch because I'm too cheap (besides, it is better to hold out to see what great games will come out first).

jarrod

Banned
Nope, I'll already be blowing my budget on PSP next year (as well as more GBA & DS games). Xenon (if I ever pick it up) will simply have to wait...

IgeL

I'll get them all at launch. Most likely going to import Xbox2 from the USA, if the European release is months after.

shpankey

not an idiot
Hell no! (this from a big Xbox supporter)

Change it to 2006 and you might have a buyer... but I'll have to compare with the other systems. But 2005 is an absolute no go for me.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
I think a 2005 release is a big mistake.

But it's the comments coming from their "higher ups" that have me more concerned about the system. Its as if someone took the smugness of Nintendo and the cockiness of Sony and wrapped them into one annoying little twit. Like how the smallest kid on the playground is always the one with the biggest lip. I like their comments about "software being key" but the fact that this is at complete odds with what they were saying only a year ago makes my eyes roll.

Right now, I'm at "wait and see," but I'm like that with every console.

No, I never buy systems at launch anymore. I usually wait about a year, so I actually have some games to play, and so I'm not forced to buy 4 crappy games along with the system by every single retailer out there.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Nope! The only consoles I'll be buying next gen are Nintendo DS (at launch) Nintendo Revolution (at launch) and Sony PS3. I'm selectively biased now!

I'm gonna buy my PS3 and PSP at launch!! Nintendo Revolution maybe at the end of its lifecircle. The next Xbox? No, thank you! NEVER!!

Isn't this just a "Are u a Sony, Nintendo, MicroDollar fanboy?" thread with added juiciness from the peeps that buy more than one console

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
MrPing1000 said:
Isn't this just a "Are u a Sony, Nintendo, MicroDollar fanboy?" thread with added juiciness from the peeps that buy more than one console

It is, and is doomed to failure, wait... did I say *is*? I meant was...

Freeburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom