• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM 2 (PC/Mac/Linux, Firaxis, November 2015) announced [Up: New info/screens in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh FFS, I get the Steam key from GMG and it says it's invalid -_-

Are you definitely putting in the game code rather than the 'Resistance Pack' or some other bonus? I got two codes and the first one error'd because it was the update pack rather than the game (but was at the top of the mail)

ISee

1362016791_birdmanhandrub005.gif

Aw yeah going to play after midnight tomorrow in the netherlands!

Hmm should be unlockable via vpn around 14 p.m. in central europe on thursday. Or am I doing something wrong?

I got my key from Ozgameshop about 4 hours ago. I find it surprising, I expected it would be given on release day by them, but I am very happy to be able to preload. I'm so excited for this game!
So, will VPN trick work to unlock early?
I don't see why not. I did it when South Park was released, it worked fine, except achievements didn't unlock until it was properly released in my country.

So if I'm reading this correctly, using an Australian/New Zealand VPN, I can unlock at 1pm EST on Thursday? Is that correct?

Sydney (Australia - New South Wales) Friday, February 5, 2016 at 5:00:00 AM AEDT UTC+11 hours
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 1:00:00 PM EST UTC-5 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 18:00:00

UnrealEck

Just thought I'd mention this here while we're talking about key selling sites.

I just got off the phone with my bank because there was three transactions I didn't recognise from China.
These were after I had bought a game from GamesDeal, which is a Chinese site. The transaction for that was under a name of a company that apparently no longer exists according to some people on various sites I got to from google.
I have a feeling they've maybe used my card details to buy themselves some stuff.

valouris

Wait, I received two keys instantly from Nuuvem? I can't redeem them on Steam due to region locking restrictions however...support have been silent on a refund.

It says on the game page on Nuuvem that it can't be activated outisde Brazil, that's why I didn't buy it. Another poster above wrote that he managed to activate, but he may be from Brazil.

wrongway

Bought on GMG.

How does this VPN unlock business work for the uninitiated? I am already preloading the game in NA.

Basically,

- Pick a freebie VPN solution (I use either SoftEther VPN Gate or FlyVPN).
- Make sure Steam/Origin/Whatever is not running.
- Hit up your VPN client and connect to a server in an appropriate region for the unlock time.
- Launch Steam/Origin/Whatever and launch the game.

Once you're in-game you can *usually* disconnect the VPN and keep playing. Though if you quit the game you'll probably have to go back through the steps to re-unlock it.

So if I'm reading this correctly, using an Australian/New Zealand VPN, I can unlock at 1pm EST on Thursday? Is that correct?

Sydney (Australia - New South Wales) Friday, February 5, 2016 at 5:00:00 AM AEDT UTC+11 hours
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 1:00:00 PM EST UTC-5 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 18:00:00
Correct. In simple terms, you can unlock the game via vpn 23 hours (basically) from now.

Adnor

Banned
Supposedly everyone who bought the game before January 25th at Nuuvem should get a ROW key, but we will not get them until launch.

I hope they maintain their word.

Does anyone know when will the Resistance Warrior Pack DLC be available for purchase as a separate DLC? Also, is there any way to check if I already have that DLC before the game comes out? I've tried to look for it in Properties in Steam library, but I can't access it now.

...and now for a long shot question - any chance someone here is willing to sell their RWP code? I'll gladly give you couple of bucks for it. Or should I just visit B/S/T thread?

Basically,

- Hit up your VPN client and connect to a server in an appropriate region for the unlock time.

Once you're in-game you can *usually* disconnect the VPN and keep playing. Though if you quit the game you'll probably have to go back through the steps to re-unlock it.

To be safe, I generally just put steam into offline mode after unpacking the game. Then turn off the VPN after you've loaded the game in offline mode. Did this with Fallout 4 with no issues.

Yeah the 2 key thing threw me off too. Had to check support and then here :p

And it says I have the resistance warrior pack I think, but there's no list of DLC to confirm it.

Edit: NVM, just check the licenses page on Steam to confirm whether you have it or not. The GMG keys were Digital Deluxe (so game + season pass) and the pre-order bonus content.

Sblargh

Banned
Got this from Nuuvem support
Desculpe pelo nosso erro: as chaves estão sendo liberadas gradativamente há algumas horas. Até amanhã todas já estarão disponíveis aos usuários em suas contas na Nuuvem. =)

Means the keys are going out and will be available tomorrow at most.
There is also an equal sign with a cloaed parentheses that is a brazillian gang sign which means both "hello" and "I want feijoada"

Ont

Aah crap, this already unlocking tomorrow. Friday is either going to be the most productive or least productive work day ever.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Disconnecting from the VPN mid-session doesn't result in Steam booting you out, but it is nonetheless a bad idea as doing so results in your in-game status ceasing, which breaks Steamworks functionality as the game is no longer communicating with the client (granted, this is far less an issue with SP games), hence the recommendations to switch to Offline Mode in the interim.

As for VPN providers, I'd recommend VyprVPN's free service as it offers servers just about everywhere and isn't encumbered by session limits, although there is a 500MB bandwidth limit to be mindful of -- but that should be plenty to see you through the decryption process, especially given how small the pre-load period is (roughly 24 hours for "zone 1").

Basically,

Thanks, pal. I suppose that's what I'll do.

With respect to key sites - I don't trust any site cheaper than GMG at this point. I'd rather pay the extra $5 or whatever it is for peace of mind.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I purchased my Nuuvem key mid december, and activated both my keys today perfectly. Don't get from there now as it'll only activate in Brazil.

Super stoked for Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom