• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X "Direct" on Feb. 6 [info in OP]

Deku Tree

Does X have Amiibo support but only for the Shulk Amiibo? That's what the gameXplain video said....
...but they told me that's not true in the Amiibo thread...

Conezays

If I'm not mistaken Takahashi said in one of his interviews that he is a big fan of Sawano and wanted him to make the music for this game.

Given Yasunori Mitsuda's abhorrent work throughout the Xeno games, I understand Takahashi's desire for change.

1000 % not serious.

Reveirg

Do we have any idea why Xenoblade's previous composer(s) were not used in favour of Sawano?

All we know is Takahashi said he's been a fan of Sawano for a while and wanted to ask him.

The amount of amazing composers that have worked on the Xeno series confounds me: Mitsuda, Kajiura, Shimomura, ACE+, Kiyota, Shinji Hosoe and now Sawano.

With such talented people onboard and such great results for each game, you have to wonder why he felt the need to change from project to project... O_O.

Does X have Amiibo support but only for the Shulk Amiibo? That's what the gameXplain video said....

Shulk's amiibo works with the New 3DS version of the original, not with X.

It just unlocks 'tokens' you can use to get models and music tracks in the model viewer/soundtrack mode.

Do we have any idea why Xenoblade's previous composer(s) were not used in favour of Sawano?
Takahashi said he handpicked Sawano himself, so he probably just wanted it that way.

I also remember something about being more trouble working with multiple composers at the same time.

I also thought those composers were hired for FF XV first
Only Shimomura. But she's being doing stuff for FFXV since way back in the day (before the first Xenoblade's development even started).

Also, I don't think composers are locked to only one project (although to be fair, Shimomura probably got her hands full being the only composer for FFXV).

TheMoon

Xenoblade 3D has amiibo support for Shulk. Not Xenoblade X. It's really not that hard to get right. X has nothing (as of right now).

Reveirg

Also, I don't think composers are locked to only one project (although to be fair, Shimomura probably got her hands full being the only composer for FFXV).

She's in charge of KH3 too, and has contributed to Tri-Ace's Chronos Ring.

She must be so busy O_O Yet her music never sounds tired.

wmlk

Yeah, my fears on Sawano may have been a bit low before this. Primordial Wilderness is the only good track I've heard so far. For a game that places a heavy emphasis on exploration, his stuff is tiring.

chadboban

OMG! I know I'm late but I've watched this video so many times already! This is everything I wanted and more!

While we're talking about composers, have ACE+ done anything else since Xenoblade?

All we know is Takahashi said he's been a fan of Sawano for a while and wanted to ask him.

The amount of amazing composers that have worked on the Xeno series confounds me: Mitsuda, Kajiura, Shimomura, ACE+, Kiyota, Shinji Hosoe and now Sawano.

With such talented people onboard and such great results for each game, you have to wonder why he felt the need to change from project to project... O_O.

Different games with different atmospheres call for different musical styles and composers. As much as I like the works of the original composers, I think Sawano's music is a better fit for the tone XCX is setting.

wmlk

OMG! I know I'm late but I've watched this video so many times already! This is everything I wanted and more!

While we're talking about composers, have ACE+ done anything else since Xenoblade?

ACE+ is a group. The group as a whole only did Xenoblade.

ACE has worked on Emil Chronicle Online.

Reveirg

ACE (ACE+ minus Kenji Hiramatsu) have composed the Code of Princess soundtracks, and worked on arrangements with Uematsu for Fantasy Life.

Weird thing is, Kenji Hiramatsu DID work on Emil Chronicle, but was credited as a separate name.

She's in charge of KH3 too, and has contributed to Tri-Ace's Chronos Ring.

She must be so busy O_O Yet her music never sounds tired.

Dude, people are not exaggerating when they say she is one of the (if not the) best composers out there. She is amazing.

But to be fair, maybe KH3 hasn't even started with the soundtrack yet =P

wmlk

ACE (ACE+ minus Kenji Hiramatsu) have composed the Code of Princess soundtracks, and worked on arrangements with Uematsu for Fantasy Life.

Weird thing is, Kenji Hiramatsu DID work on Emil Chronicle, but was credited as a separate name.

Yeah, the only reason why I didn't say ACE+ was because I wasn't sure if their work was segregated.

wmlk

I really doubt she hasn't started working on it yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sekito/Ishimoto/Suzuki/etc. helping her out though.

Is the soundtrack any good? Haven't listened to it yet.

Not really lol. There's a lot of stuff but most of it is pretty bad.

Conezays

He did on Xenogears, the superior game.

Xenoblade's soundtrack was fantastic, and seemingly one of the game's biggest strengths. It was largely praised by fans and critics alike, so it's interesting to me that they changed composers for Xenoblade X.

And Xenogears' OST was obviously amazing. Love Mitsuda's work (as well as ACE+'s in Xenoblade).

wmlk

Xenoblade's soundtrack was fantastic, and seemingly one of the game's biggest strengths. It was largely praised by fans and critics alike, so it's interesting to me that they changed composers for Xenoblade X.

And Xenogears' OST was obviously amazing. Love Mitsuda's work (as well as ACE+'s in Xenoblade).

I follow pin it down to Takahashi being a mecha and Gundam fanboy. This is something that we've known since FFVI.

...Too bad I read that this song is actually from one of Sawano's albums, so I guess this won't be in the game, or else he would be called lazy by others for using existing music. This was very promising, though...

I have this song on repeat right now, the song has great parts and some weird parts but its catchy ass hell.

Conezays

I follow pin it down to Takahashi being a mecha and Gundam fanboy. This is something that we've known since FFVI.

You might be right. The mech stuff in this game looks glorious though. Fingers crossed it beats the mech platforming in Xenogears :p

chadboban

ACE did some remixes for Smash 4.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Also I took some screens of the maps in they showed in the video

vlcsnap-2015-02-06-20dpb98.png

vlcsnap-2015-02-06-20q7l6z.png

vlcsnap-2015-02-06-20vfahl.png

vlcsnap-2015-02-06-2014bnd.png

vlcsnap-2015-02-06-2069zuh.png

vlcsnap-2015-02-06-202oai3.png

Nanashrew

Banned
Made this webm for fun. Had a lot of difficulty though cause conversion kept failing all day, but I just haaad to!

http://a.pomf.se/cjgwdz.webm

I'm getting playback issues on my Firefox, but it works on Chrome just fine. I honestly don't know what's causing this. Apologies :C

Verger

Banned
I definitely don't think we've seen all the "Worlds"

Isn't there supposed to be the other remains of the Colony Ship somewhere? I remember the Concept Art showed a huge city-sized piece still sticking up out of the ground and I don't see it in any of the revealed worlds environment layouts.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Even if there are only those 5 continents, it's not like they are small or something. Just look at everything that you can see in the zoom-out and the details on the map, there is so much there.

chadboban

Made this webm for fun. Had a lot of difficulty though cause conversion kept failing all day, but I just haaad to!

I'm getting playback issues on my Firefox, but it works on Chrome just fine. I honestly don't know what's causing this. Apologies :C

Yeah, same here with issues in firefox. Works fine in my chrome though. Really like this webm. What song is that? It sounds mighty familiar.

phanphare

Banned

ahahahaha, that's awesome

at first I was like "that's basically the jurassic park theme, it's just missing the resolution. I'm going to make a comparison post!" then I kept watching/listening haha

:p

wrowa

What worries me is not the amount of continents, but the layout of the maps. Judging by the maps we've seen the continents have a relatively simple structure. That coupled with previous statements about the size of the world have me a little worried that every path will just be unnecessarily long. If the world is supposed to be five times the size of Xenoblade's, each continent would be roughly the size of Xenoblade's entire world. If that's the case, walking from the eastern part of NLA to the western part of NLA (via the bridge that connects both parts) would take half an eternity.

I guess Takahashi was just counting the ocean too when calculating that number. If there's nothing in between the continents that were shown today, then the ocean would be roughly the size of all continents combined. :p

alvis.exe

Really interested in the Black Steel Continent and the mechanical stuff going on there. Signs of a past civilization? The homeland of one of the alien species?

Converse

Banned
I just about lost my shit when the traversal with the mech started. Exploring new worlds is my favorite thing to do in games, and this just looks absolutely monumental in that respect. Plus, the Wii U's library has been really action-oriented up to now, so I can't wait to just sit back and be rewarded for finding bitchin' views.

Top Bottom