• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0. 1/24/17 Less than a month to go. Let's make a difference.

Peroroncino

I came back from work, sat my ass down on a chair and... out of the blue I started thinking about Yoshitaka Mine, man I'm not sure how you all feel about him but he is definitely one of my favorite characters from the entire series.

Spoiler galore from Yakuza 3 ahead:

I loved how I totally didn't see it coming, about how strong he is and that he's behind most of the stuff in the game. It's such a fucking shame he had to die [which he did like a total boss btw], he could've been a real supporting pillar to the whole Tojo clan and series as a whole in my opinion, just a sheer thought of bashing skulls as him in a different game makes me giggle from excitement. The final showdown with him is still very strongly etched in my memory, his first line about how it's Kiryu's final battle I can legit recite in japanese [silly I know, but it's true].

And not to mention that total badass theme during the final fight, oh my...

He's supposedly in Ishin, so I can't wait to see him there.

I came back from work, sat my ass down on a chair and... out of the blue I started thinking about Yoshitaka Mine, man I'm not sure how you all feel about him but he is definitely one of my favorite characters from the entire series.

I loved how I totally didn't see it coming, about how strong he is and that he's behind most of the stuff in the game. It's such a fucking shame he had to die [which he did like a total boss btw], he could've been a real supporting pillar to the whole Tojo clan and series as a whole in my opinion, just a sheer thought of bashing skulls as him in a different game makes me giggle from excitement. The final showdown with him is still very strongly etched in my memory, his first line about how it's Kiryu's final battle I can legit recite in japanese [silly I know, but it's true].

One of my favourite
QTE's ever in Yakuza came from that final fight with Yakuza 3 to the point where it inspired me to make a "favourite QTEs" thread.

He truly was a legitimately good character and it's a shame that he died because I could honestly see him coming back to the Tojo Clan and helping Daigo run things.

But I see why they didn't go for that cause then Daigo wouldn't be able to take so many Ls, particularly from Y4

Peroroncino

One of my favourite
QTE's ever in Yakuza came from that final fight with Yakuza 3 to the point where it inspired me to make a "favourite QTEs" thread.

He truly was a legitimately good character and it's a shame that he died because I could honestly see him coming back to the Tojo Clan and helping Daigo run things.

But I see why they didn't go for that cause then Daigo wouldn't be able to take so many Ls, particularly from Y4

Yup, those
QTEs
were amazing! You could've felt the raw power coming from them.

Yes I spent several hours just starting collections with Kiryu, and while waiting would do the friendship/substory stuff and then head back, harvest my cash, start it over and repeat. When you have two full locations in the property management game going you can make a lot of money really fast.

Oh boy, i'm even more excited for this now! Sounds like something i'll spend way too much time on.

ar4757

9NHJtuGha.gif

Do we know the context of Majima killing a seemingly old lady? I never questioned it until now

shinkai

Do we know the context of Majima killing a seemingly old lady? I never questioned it until now

It's not an old lady lol it's a guy wearing a Noh mask which is primarily used in stage plays during the olden days of Japan. The masked shown was used to portray female characters in the play

Levito

Banned
So I finished the game last night, my review will go up Thursday with the rest of them.

Goro Majima is my spirit animal.

It's a mask.

Though there is something in that gif that should raise some eyebrows (especially if you have read the starter guide we did on the series) but I guess no one really picked up on that :p

Riposte

We would have broke the plot.
He's way too cunning and ruthless for Tojo to fall into serious shit and he's basically the strongest final boss Kiryu has fought, judging by how beaten up Kiryu (who was uninjured) is in the cutscenes.

I agree with you completely though. A big part on why I rate Y3 higher than most people seem to.

Still sucks that only the US get the dope ass business card holder :(
GameStop US pre-orders are supposed to come with a poster of the cover artwork, too. The little extras were the tipping point for my interest even though my spending budget took a huge hit with placing a reserve. I've been sitting on the series for several years right now, even imported "Kenzan" and "Ryu ga Gotoku 5" because I'm a strict collector of physical stuff. However, I've never beaten a single game despite getting a couple hours into the first installment. I really enjoy story-driven games and the wacky style of the storytelling seems right up my alley uet I guess their length has kept me at bay. I think I stopped somewhere after the side missions with the little girl kicked off on the PS2 original. Since the remake is supposedly launching this summer, I guess now would be a decent starting point despite the possibility of missing all the inside references or foreshadowing. Hopefully a remake of the second part will come out and a compilation of 3/4/5 remastered would be pretty stellar as well. I just want an English version of the fifth installment to land on disc somehow to complete the physical set.

Fair warning to everyone looking to jump into the Yakuza series with Zero.

It's IMO the best-playing entry in the series. The previous games are really entertaining, but Zero knocks it out of the park. Everything from the combat to the minigames just clicks.

The other games are going to feel like a bit of step back.

Fjordson

Anyone else have this on their Amazon pre-order?

"Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Pre-ordered it a while ago with Prime shipping.

PaulLFC

Really disappointed SEGA Europe aren't bothering to make this available for pre-order on PSN. Why would you willingly refuse to allow people to give you money for a product before release if they want to do so? It makes no sense.

Gotta get RE7 for sure.

But now it's between Yakuza and Gravity Rush for day 1. Queue LarryDavid.gif

Gravity Rush has Kat and is fantastic.

But Yakuza 0 has Outrun and disco music. It's pretty clear who the winner is.

It's so sad that these great games are releasing so close to each other, making people choose what to get day 1 :(

It's so sad that these great games are releasing so close to each other, making people choose what to get day 1 :(

Also GR2 is confirmed to be the last (Kat) game in that series. So it's not like having a great sale will change much about the future of it.

lol this is what we wanted right? Game after game after game.

Haven't been this conflicted about day 1 games in awhile.

Would be disastrous for my monies, but maybe I'll get them all. Or shortly after release.

Jan 2017 is a crazy period of time for me. Yakuza 0 is a day 1 purchase since I always buy the games on day 1, Resident Evil 7 is also a day 1 purchase as I really love what I've played of it so far (from the demo) and I'm interested in the direction its taking, and I loved the first GR game on the Vita (100%ed it and all the DLC's) and the sequel looks amazing, so that's probably a day 1 purchase as well!
And then Nioh is out a couple of weeks later and after the fantastic beta I'll be getting that one on release as well. Certainly a great time to be a PS4 owner.

Top Bottom