• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza developers announce "Fist of the North Star" game (PS4, 2018, more at TGS)

Aki-at

If this is successful I could see RGG Studio go grab a bunch of other anime licenses like JoJo and build it off from there :p

So excited for this and Kiwami 2, I thought maybe Sega would have a quiet year next year but now we've got 6, Kiwami 2 and Fist of the North Star to look forward too haha.

If this is successful I could see RGG Studio go grab a bunch of other anime licenses like JoJo and build it off from there :p.
A JoJo's game made by the RGG team?

uobghGX.gif

Rymuth

At its core Yakuza is really a beatemup, so framing it as a Fist of the North Star beatemup fits.

Can't wait for it

I've played plenty of HnK beat em ups!

I wanna see Kenshiro go on weird side quests and run a bar! Making HnK RPG and explore that world is such a long overdue concept

NaviLink

I love the nod to God Hand, which itself was heavily inspired by Hokuto no Ken. Kind of full circle.

Hopefully this turns out good.

Sgblues

Well Kiryu doesn't "kill" people( although most of his heat actions would say otherwise) but Kenshiro sure does!, so combine them and now you have an awesome Fist of the North Star game!

Holy shit, it looks perfect, what a crazy fuckin' great trailer, it's already a day one for me, announcement of the year with Dragon Ball FighterZ, easily!

First DBZ now Fist of the North Star. I never knew we'd get such awesome licensed anime games! Now we just need One Piece Project Dawn to deliver.

StayDead

Damn this is the perfect fit. The only better fit is Jojos.

Oh my god Kiryuu's VA as Kenshiro is amazing. I'll miss Kiryuu in the Yakuza series, but damn this is a good pick.

Shifty

"Hokuto ga Gokuto"? Absolutely incredible title. I'm so in for this.

W7oAXPC.gif

And it's good to see the tonal whiplash I love so much is in there.

Tizoc

Real talk though:
Is Rei
gonna die in this? Cuz I don't want him to die. He already died enough in the various adaptations of the series :V
Let the man live his happy life with Mamiya

Also I am calling it now: Raoh will be voiced by
MASAMI IWASAKI

Rymuth

Real talk though:
Is Rei
gonna die in this? Cuz I don't want him to die. He already died enough in the various adaptations of the series :V
Let the man live his happy life with Mamiya

Also I am calling it now: Raoh will be voiced by
MASAMI IWASAKI

I'd be okay with all of this, tbh

Top Bottom