• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yooka-Laylee will get a boxed release

FelipeMGM

Backers will have an option to change their plead from digital to boxed

http://www.playtonicgames.com/thinking-inside-box/

One such query we’re delighted to tackle today is the ever-booming call for a boxed version of Yooka-Laylee. Do we have plans for a boxed release? Today we can confirm that the answer is, yes!

We’re delighted to be able to offer Yooka-Laylee in both digital and boxed flavours in time for the game’s launch in Q1 2017. As we speak, our business badgers are busily burrowing away on an initiative that will allow Kickstarter backers to upgrade their digital pledge to a physical version, if they choose to do so. We’re not ready to share the exact details just yet, but very soon you should be able to stick your head in the badger hole and look for yourself.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
They need to make an N64 style box version as a collectors edition. With a plastic cartridge that has a code for the game inside.

Salsa

they should sell it on a banjoo kazooie N64 box with stickers of the new character faces over them

Yukinari

The blog announcement was a nice surprise but the part about other indie characters getting into Yooka Laylee not so much.

Indie characters appearing in each others games so often feels stupid.

Clov

This is great to hear! Is it going to be boxed on all platforms? Not sure if I want the Wii U or PS4 version. Any impressions on how each runs?

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Then only reason why i didnt back this game was because there was no physical release... 😣

Neoxon

That's actually pretty cool. I'm still hoping that I can opt for an NX version since the Wii U will likely be dead by the time this comes out (hell, it's already dead), but I'll take what I can get. Plus the Wii U version is actually being made in-house, which is nice.

Kid Heart

Awesome. Due to the game's hype I kind of figured it would happen, but it's good to receive confirmation nonetheless. I'll pick it up once the details are finalized.

Phoenixus

I'm more of a Digital copy owner, but if the Boxart gives off that Banjo-Kazooie vibe as well as the game does, I'll opt for that.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I love it how Playtonic is giving backers the option to upgrade their order should they want to whereas no such thing was offered to Mighty No 9 backers.

Anyway sign me up for a retail version, it will be a fitting final game for the Wii U.

emb

Definitely awesome. I backed at the minimum since I don't buy any digital. Will definitely upgrade my pledge to the full price for a physical copy when/if that's an option. If not, I don't really care, will look forward to buying as soon as it's in stores.

Lynd7

So Wii U physical? Absolutely upgrading. I already backed the physical box etc, but this is what I really wanted.

Already planned to pick up for Wii U (or NX).

A box in the Nintendo 64 box style would be amazing. Also hope it has a physical disc included (or cart for NX).

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
They need to make an N64 style box version as a collectors edition. With a plastic cartridge that has a code for the game inside.

Yeah... no. The game it's a old style plataformer, but everything else is new, so a simple box works and it's cheap for everyone.

Top Bottom