• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YOU must reveal your most recent best and worst game moments.

Brannon

Because it's cool like dat.

Anyway, I had recently beaten Onimusha 3 and was astonished at just how much critical ownage I was dishing out. Right after the French Arch area something just *clicked* and I was constantly throwing critical strikes all over the board. It was beautiful carnage. And the bosses... not even a chance to contemplate their short lives. Then I completed the Training areas and got an item which made things even better, woot! Although I am peeved that I went through that damned Dark Realm on the last level to emerge with the
Bishamon Sword
and never got a chance to use it, everything else was just peachy. And I vote that the very last boss of the game has the BEST HEAD OF HAIR, EVER. Don't dispute this.

Counterpoint, Airforce Delta Strike that damn mission "Priority". Ruth Valentine, through a stroke of (un?)luck, happens to eavesdrop on Lilia (child military genius/brat/your boss) and the Commander discussing the situation of a stranded medical vessel. All the other craft but Ruth's are in maintenance, so she's the only one that can go out and keep it from getting attacked. But as she's the only one, she'd have no support, so they decide to scrap the mission and carry on since it's just a request anyway. Ruth can't stand by and let the ship get gutted by missiles so she slyly finds out the location and heads out to save the day.

Out there, three Aces and several other fighters are having a field day pockmarking the ship with ammo, so Ruth takes out as many as possible, but it's too much and the ship is taken out of commission. Return to base, get chewed out, continue on with the plan of the day. Last time, I continued, but in this replay I decided to get infected with Ruth's good cheer and try my damndest to save the day.

The next 5 hours (!) were spent transforming into Ruthless Valentino the Air Scourge, destroyer of all who dare to share her skies. But the situation didn't hit me until the last time I replayed the mission. I swear to God it was a perfect run; I barely got hit, the ship only took bullet damage mostly and I cleared out the three Aces in a minute or so. After a bit I cleared out the remaining fighters and decided to climb skyward and dive down to inspect the surrounding area. There were no fighters within missile range, but some were many miles away. I was sure the medical ship would escape. But then I heard the same lines as if they were being hit by missiles. Where were they coming from; nobody's nearby! More distress calls reacting to threats that didn't exist.

WTF.

It was then that I realize that I'd been given a Beatrix, and I could never win the mission. God damn it all. The good thing that came out of this was that I got a ton of money for Ruth to buy another plane and stuff, and now the Aces are so easy to predict that they're a nonissue. I still think I should've gotten the win on that though.

So, what do you have?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
getting Automodelista for free.
Playing it
selling it for money three days later and still feeling like I got ripped off.

Best: Making 4 interceptions in a franchise Madden game with a former 2nd round draft CB, two of them being user picks

Worst: spending hours on La Puccelle and forgetting to save

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
best: getting to the last boss of espgaluda on one credit

worst: subsequently losing my composure, blowing my gem and bomb stock, and instantaneously dying

Ristamar

Best: Earning some of the harder gold medals in Rogue Leader after having not played it for nearly a year.

Worst: Losing my cool over the shitty, cheating AI and fucked up glitches in NBA Live 2004, even though I'm still blowing out the other team by 20+ points.

Top Bottom