• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys Origin (PS4/Vita) |OT| Yes, you can start with this one too

Bladenic

Lmao at the second boss (anthropod thing). Guess I'm already done with the game, shit's too wild for me and I'm only on Normal. How people play these games on Nightmare without wanting to commit seppuku is beyond me.

Ascheroth

Whats the maximum level in this ? I'm level 52 and it takes forever to raise the xp bar, grinding in the demonic core. And I still need the 10k ennemies, does it carry in some sort of new game plus or something or I'm just stuck grinding the demonic core until I reach the cap ?
I think 60.
But damn, that's a shitty trophy. The highest I ever got in the PC version was 52.
But on the other hand the PC version has an achievement requiring 8 nightmare boss rushes, so...

Lmao at the second boss (anthropod thing). Guess I'm already done with the game, shit's too wild for me and I'm only on Normal. How people play these games on Nightmare without wanting to commit seppuku is beyond me.
What level are you? A level can make a great difference in survivability. Make sure you have your armor upgraded as well.

And since I'm currently doing a Nightmare run on PC, this was fun:
2F95277898C82EA344CB14195D9012F303788EDC
loss_for_words.gif

Jolkien

I think 60.
But damn, that's a shitty trophy. The highest I ever got in the PC version was 52.
But on the other hand the PC version has an achievement requiring 8 nightmare boss rushes, so...

Well I think I'll forget going after the platinum I'm level 53 now and grinding the xp bar barely moves at all. Such a shame to put such an insane grind.

Whats the maximum level in this ? I'm level 52 and it takes forever to raise the xp bar, grinding in the demonic core. And I still need the 10k ennemies, does it carry in some sort of new game plus or something or I'm just stuck grinding the demonic core until I reach the cap ?

60. You're not going to do it on hard.

To put it in perspective since release one guy has gotten every trophy but max level, which no one has gotten yet.

It's a really cruel one that will probably require a couple days of effort. Even on Very Easy. lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

That guy's great, it took a ton of tries to beat, but I loved that boss.

That boss can be rough if you don't know what's going on. You have to break its body with Earth magic. Then it's vulnerable to regular attacks in addition to your magic.

After you destroy all the sections then you can attack the head for the kill.

As you destroy a section, it will begin to spawn those poison orbs from them. You can hit them off the field before they explode.

I think that boss gives new players a lot of trouble because they try and brute force it. You can deal a lot of damage really quickly to the boss and you're kind of tempted to do so, but if you aren't taking a step back things will quickly become unmanageable as the boss stacks on itself releasing more orbs in addition to the head attacking you.

A good strategy is to manage the field and keep an area clear for yourself, and then deliberately target points as the boss stretches out. The boss itself only has two attacks. (in addition to the wheel phase) So it's not really that threatening when you have a plan

Well...the Jenocres fight is completely busted on this version lol.

It's hazards are unable to load one attack so when the boss goes into this pattern it's unable to progress in its cycle past this point.

So you're just kind of left fighting the boss while it has no attacks lmao.

Saphirax

Well...the Jenocres fight is completely busted on this version lol.

It's hazards are unable to load one attack so when the boss goes into this pattern it's unable to progress in its cycle past this point.

So you're just kind of left fighting the boss while it has no attacks lmao.

I was wondering why the boss only had that one magic circle attack at one point... It would only perform that attack and teleport away.

Jolkien

How are we supposed to unlock very easy difficulty ?

I just finished my deathless playthrough on normal, I unlocked the easy difficulty trophy but not very easy. Went to strat my thrid playthrough and I can only go down to easy.

Saphirax

How are we supposed to unlock very easy difficulty ?

I just finished my deathless playthrough on normal, I unlocked the easy difficulty trophy but not very easy. Went to strat my thrid playthrough and I can only go down to easy.

Someone mentioned that you need to die multiple times on easy mode to unlock very easy.

Kensuke

I can't believe finishing 2 characters doesn't unlock Nightmare. The platinum requires at least 5 runs then. That's too much, not gonna do it.

sn00zer

How bullet spongy is this? Ys 7 is bordering on God damn insane with the amount of health bosses have, feel like my thumbs are gunnar fall off.

Hmm. Cleared Toal, but didn't unlock trophy for beating the game with all three characters. Do the completions all have to be on the same difficulty level? If so I fucked myself with the Yunica clear on Normal...

Edit: Yeah it looks like they have to. Oh well. Add one more completion to the list lol

Oh well. Beginning the very easy grind. Then I'll do the Arena and Boss rush ones then finish up with the final clears I need.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
How bullet spongy is this? Ys 7 is bordering on God damn insane with the amount of health bosses have, feel like my thumbs are gunnar fall off.

Like every Ys game in existence how bullet spongy a boss is is directly tied to your current gear and level. Most bosses in Seven get melted on Nightmare if you made use of the crafting system

The same applies here, bosses can take 6 minutes or 3 minutes depending on if you found the weapon upgrades and gained an extra level or two

AlucardGV

Banned
is there a way to change the button layer? i'd rather put the skills on r1 instead on pressing circle with my middle while i mash square... i know i can do on the OS level but i kind of don't want to do it everytime

Jolkien

is there a way to change the button layer? i'd rather put the skills on r1 instead on pressing circle with my middle while i mash square... i know i can do on the OS level but i kind of don't want to do it everytime

There's no way in-game sadly to remap buttons

So got to the final boss on hard and looks like I hit a wall, just can't beat the third form, it's stupid. I'm level 48 with every upgrade. Really dislike the lack of healing especially when he gets 3 forms. Getting annoyed.

So got to the final boss on hard and looks like I hit a wall, just can't beat the third form, it's stupid. I'm level 48 with every upgrade. Really dislike the lack of healing especially when he gets 3 forms. Getting annoyed.

You get two life bars with Yunica and Hugo. You have to go into the fight with the items they get from their love interests equipped.

It's very much a YMMV thing. Some people think that's the only way to play, others feel they fall under "artificial difficulty".

Personally I really enjoy them. Few games coming out nowadays engage me on the level Ys games on Nightmare do.

If you're struggling on hard though and finding yourself frustrated, I wouldn't bother with it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
With who? yunica? She lacks a good way to fight that form but that vid should help

With who? yunica? She lacks a good way to fight that form but that vid should help
Yeah Yunica. I'm using the same strategy largely using her charged flame to attack the minions but keep getting caught out by either the giant laser which is devastating or it gets in a camera angle near the edge where he traps me straight away with no chance to avoid it.

I have tried maybe 30 times now? I can beat the first two forms without getting touched but this last one is awful. Getting frustrated, especially having to do the first two over and over just to get to the third form. I mean 3 forms yet you can't heal? What? :/

Edit:

You get two life bars with Yunica and Hugo. You have to go into the fight with the items they get from their love interests equipped.
Ah crap I forgot I had that! Yeah that should help a lot thanks.

D'oh!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah Yunica. I'm using the same strategy largely using her charged flame to attack the minions but keep getting caught out by either the giant laser which is devastating or it gets in a camera angle near the edge where he traps me straight away with no chance to avoid it.

I have tried maybe 30 times now? I can beat the first two forms without getting touched but this last one is awful. Getting frustrated, especially having to do the first two over and over just to get to the third form. I mean 3 forms yet you can't heal? What? :/

Edit:

Ah crap I forgot I had that! Yeah that should help a lot thanks.

D'oh!
You gotta be constantly forcing him to stay in the middle

If you mess up save your burst super to cheese the beam, and if that's down jump away and hammer

The trick to the beam is to just get in close and run a tight circle around him when he charges it.

I guess him being on the wall prevents that but idk, I don't really think you have to be that elegant with deliberately managing his spacing on Hard. Especially with the revive items.

Also a common trap people fall into is that his vacuum move actually pulls you in more when you jump. It's sort of in your instincts to try and jump out of/away from something like that but it actually works against you to jump.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Jumping is pretty much banned on phase 3 lol

Just watched a normal mode clear video LOL dude lost like 1/4th hp only from the grab. I died a little on the inside :p

Jumping is pretty much banned on phase 3 lol

Just watched a normal mode clear video LOL dude lost like 1/4th hp only from the grab. I died a little on the inside :p

That means you can only get hit by it 4 times! I've seen people do that CONSISTENTLY because they just couldn't kill that instinct to jump.

Like they almost get out of its range then they double jump and land right back in the center.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That means you can only get hit by it 4 times! I've seen people do that CONSISTENTLY because they just couldn't kill that instinct to jump.

Like they almost get out of its range then they double jump and land right back in the center.

The worst is dying to that shit because of character 3's fire attack

RIP max dps push attempts

Thanks for the help guys!

I beat him thanks to that revive item I forgot I had, thank you for reminding me of it :) Not that I would have remembered as I can't pause or check my gear during a boss either...>_>

Shame as I loved the game up to that point, really found that a chore more than fun. I still plan on trying Nightmare down the line as well as the other characters but I have to finish Yakuza 0 and then Horizon.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Thanks for the help guys!

I beat him thanks to that revive item I forgot I had, thank you for reminding me of it :) Not that I would have remembered as I can't pause or check my gear during a boss either...>_>

Shame as I loved the game up to that point, really found that a chore more than fun. I still plan on trying Nightmare down the line as well as the other characters but I have to finish Yakuza 0 and then Horizon.

That fight is a joke with the other 2 :) Yunica REALLY sucks at it

Callandor

48 for the final boss? I'd say you're too low level.

In the PC version on hard, I had a lot of trouble at 50, but it became much more manageable at 51.

Jolkien

Yeah with Yunica I was level 54 on hard when I got to the final boss, complete pushover I destroyed him. With Hugo on normal I was 51 and it wasn't even feeling like a boss fight. He had no chance.

Bladenic

Wow the area after the annex is bullshit. Killed any momentum this game had for me. Those fucking bugs that attach to you and zap your health and you can't do anything to shake them off (that I've tried anyway). Ugh. Putting it down for now, it's just not fun.

Wow the area after the annex is bullshit. Killed any momentum this game had for me. Those fucking bugs that attach to you and zap your health and you can't do anything to shake them off (that I've tried anyway). Ugh. Putting it down for now, it's just not fun.
If you look in the monster log it actually tells you to use wind magic on them :)

Top Bottom