• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi - Pure Survival Horror is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC [ZombiU Port]

Quick question: I just got the
spiked baseball bat
near the end of the Brick Lane Flats level. Have I missed the
shovel
, or do you get it later in the game?

Exactly. It's so distracting. I find it surprising it hasn't been mentioned before.

I seriously cannot play the game without being massively distracted by it. I can't enjoy the game because of it. If someone knows a way to mod this out please let me know.

I could probably make a HUD toggle, so you can switch the minimap off at anytime. Don't think I can fix the flickering though.

DukeBobby

spiked baseball bat
shovel

It's next to the metal container where you found the lockpick in Victoria Memorial

You won't need it, though.

DukeBobby

Ah, gotcha! What makes you say that, though? Is it simply not as good as the other weapon?

All three weapons are pretty much the same, although apparently the shovel and baseball bat are slightly stronger (I can't notice a difference).

Just go with the one you think looks the best.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Crikey playing this on PC at over 60fps and at 1080p is lovely. Loved the Wii U version and it looks like I'll be loving this version too. I actually thought it seemed pretty well done from the the brief period I played, at least controls wise. Nice touch being able to choose xbox or playstation button icons as well should you want.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Going by SteamSpy this has sold 5000 copies

Steam Spy isn't accurate for numbers that low. Also, it's not a Steamworks exclusive game and other places have it available cheaper so Steam isn't the best representative of sales.

On the whole tho, yeah sales probably aren't great.

DocSeuss

Steam Spy isn't accurate for numbers that low. Also, it's not a Steamworks exclusive game and other places have it available cheaper so Steam isn't the best representative of sales.

On the whole tho, yeah sales probably aren't great.

Last I checked, it was one of the top-selling games on Steam.

jmizzal

Okay now that it's been a few days since release is the wiiu version actually still the best version? Because the only places I can find ZombiU for sale have it as slightly more expensive than the other versions.

Bestbuy have the WiiU version for 6.99 and target had it for 13.99

Lucifelle

Banned
This game isn't great IMO, the combat was clunky and the use of setting was atrocious. Some nice ideas but the overall structure of the game should have been something else, god damn the prepper fucked me off.

I love this game. So hope it gets a much deserved sequel.

By the way, I assume people have noticed the game is still called Zombie U in the PS4 activity feed?

Cricket bat and a shovel huh?

shaun-of-the-dead-heroes-e1414180263242.png

knerl

LOL, you don't need a means of recording ZombiU, there's over 50 full walkthroughs of the game on YouTube. You're typing a whole lot of shit without actually saying anything. Let me know when you learn how to use the Internet, I can teach you if you need help.

Let me know if you need help with common sense. It's called logic. If you play it yourself and turn the camera while it happens you feel and see it. If you're not you won't notice it as much or at all. You still seem to base your comments on youtube videos. Have you played the game yourself? On WiiU at that certain place? Doesn't seem like you have.
One of the most retarded comments I've read in a while. Unless you're focusing on the issue at hand you won't notice it in a walkthrough that's purely about walking you through how to beat the game.

TraBuch

Banned
I died, went back to try and get back my stuff, but got killed by an exploding zombie before I could. Did I just permanently lose all my stuff? Because when I died the first time, I was holding basically all my weapons and ammo.

Bah, just tried it out in remote play. I hadn't planned to play it primarily through that as of course the atmosphere would be wrecked, but I can't anyway because;

L2 and R2 on the frigging rear touch pad. I would pay so much for an L2/R2 Vita attachment it's not even funny.

DukeBobby

I died, went back to try and get back my stuff, but got killed by an exploding zombie before I could. Did I just permanently lose all my stuff? Because when I died the first time, I was holding basically all my weapons and ammo.

Keep an eye on the monitors in the safehouse. Sometimes weapons will reappear in areas you've previously visited.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey finally got my PS4 working back again today and just learned that this game is already out for the PS4 version? I liked the Wii U version so I'm definitely double dipping to experience the game again. Really the only problem I felt was holding the Wii U version back from being a truly great horror game was the melee options, but everything else was so well done to me like the atmosphere and timing of some of those damn zombis

Finished the game this morning. Still great. Although I made a few stupid mistakes during my playthrough that I didn't make when I played through it on Wii U. But they were completely on me...

I keep on crashing at
The nursery
anyone else getting this crash?

I only had the game crash once and that was during
the Tower of London part where you have to go through sewer area and follow the arrows. At the end of that area when the zombie pops out of the water the game crashed. So I had to go through that sequence again.
At least I saved just before it happened.

Is it just me or is the sound mix all fucked up on the PS4 version? Atleast, using my Gold headset it's....all fucked up. The Prepper pad is too loud, but it seems to make it quieter when I do the 'Prepper Pad//On TV Speakers' option.(Normalize it with everything else, I suppose.)

Moofers

spiked baseball bat
shovel

It's next to the metal container where you found the lockpick in Victoria Memorial

You won't need it, though.

I found mine propped up next to a metal container that had ammo for a turret outside a certain large gate. Interested to see if I find the spiked bat in a different location too!

Pjsprojects

I didn't get the ending on WiiU so up to now have held off on the PC version.

At the end
The helicopter got over run and I was left in London with nothing to do

Does the game have other endings?

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Okay, as a huge fan of the Wii U version which is the best out of these new versions?

PC, Ps4 or Bone?

YMMV obviously, but I just refunded the PC version. There's some hideous bug where the game crashes if you change resolution. At all. No response on the Ubi forums or on Steam, so - bugger it.

i7 3930k w/Titan X here.

I'm going to rebuy on the PS4. Which pains me.

NuKERxyz

Is there any fix for the missing dirt on screen efect? It was something that i loved on this game wen played on Wii U that is missing on PC. Also would like to have KM button prompts too...

TraBuch

Banned
What the shit. Finally figured out how to zoom in with the crossbow but every time I do it, the entire screen turns blue and the only thing I can see is the cross hair and ammo count and the game locks up.

Jito

Banned
So I've heard people hyping up the nursery section since the original Wii U release. Finally got there expecting big things, really good environment and all that but
was the part in the basement with the ghost zombie the bit people hyped up? It really fucking sucked, like a ghost zombie? What?

broke my promise and went back and completed survival after several game ending glitches. Ran through chicken after that was well. 100% completed the game and never had the first character die. I might go back in and die on purpose to see what it's like

DukeBobby

So I've heard people hyping up the nursery section since the original Wii U release. Finally got there expecting big things, really good environment and all that but
was the part in the basement with the ghost zombie the bit people hyped up? It really fucking sucked, like a ghost zombie? What?

I don't really get the hype for it either. I mean, it's a good section, but hardly the best part of the game.

It's bad enough that you can't drop the starting pistol, but not being able to drop the cricket bat in favor of the superior shovel and/or baseball bat just takes the piss. There's literally no reason whatsoever--none!--to use the cricket bat over either of those weapons. Talk about sloppy game design. Did they even bother thinking about how the new weapons would affect the game beyond granting players better melee capabilities?

Crom

It is a lot scarier with the gamepad. For example the ghost shows up on your gamepad and gives you a good jump scare. No one was expecting that at the time. Also, I hear that the FOV was changed on the new versions and it makes the game less scary

Crom

Okay now that it's been a few days since release is the wiiu version actually still the best version? Because the only places I can find ZombiU for sale have it as slightly more expensive than the other versions.

The Wii U version is the best version especially if you want the multiplayer mode (which is cut from all of the other versions) The gamepad also adds nice intangibles that make the experience more enjoyable and immerses you more.

Top Bottom