• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi - Pure Survival Horror is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC [ZombiU Port]

GavinUK86

Polygon article has screens. It looks....ok. Will definitely mod on PC!!
http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/30/9074213/zombiu-pc-ps4-xbox-one-trailer

zombi-screenshot-01_1920.0.jpg
zombi-screenshot-02_1920.0.jpg
zombi-screenshot-03_1920.0.jpg
zombi-screenshot-04_1920.0.jpg

Looks fantastic to me. Well, apart from that horrid CA. Will mod that shit right out.

Haunted

Not sure if there are too many PS4/PC owners interested in the port of the WiiU game what with the negative stigma attached to the console and all, but it really is an excellent game.

In hindsight, probably my favourite launch and launch window game.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I normally don't buy Digital Games on Consoles but I will make an exception for this game.

Santar

Finally it's confirmed.
Really enjoyed the wii u version, best survival horror game in recent years I think.
Curious how they'll implement the gamepad parts.
Maybe some real time hold button to use radar, scan stuff?
Wonder hoy they'll do the inventory though since you could see behind you on the tv.
Hope the game has some gameplay additions too.

cand

Well thats a load of horse crap honestly

The game stands on its own on its FPS and Survival mechanics alone

The gamepad stuff was the marketing angle but it also wasnt as integral to making the game special as everyone claims

Well this is your opinion, I think the as the game did not stop for you to reorganize your stuff and you needed to look down to loot corpses, the game got very tense for me. Same thing for scaning stuff in one screen and having the other one with the char. It felt like the game would not give you time to breathe. This is my opinion and this dual screen dynamic is something that adds to the feeling and is, as a fact, something that will be lost in translation.

Waveset

Well thats a load of horse crap honestly

The game stands on its own on its FPS and Survival mechanics alone

The gamepad stuff was the marketing angle but it also wasnt as integral to making the game special as everyone claims
And wouldn't a second screen on a tablet make it near identical anyway?

Frodo

I loved that game, despite its flaws, on the Wii U.

I'm just not sure if the appeal would remain without the GamePad. It is still one of the best implementations of that controller. It changes the gameplay and for the better, although some of the Gamepad elements (taping the screen, specially) could have been toned down a bit.
Just hope it is a nice port and *fingers crossed* hopefully that means we will have a more polished sequel, with a few more melee weapons and
no arena
at all.

The one thing PS4 owners will have a clear advantage on is the speakers on the DS4. It was super nice how the sounds effects were done on the Wii U (Prepper's voice, the radar and etc), and hopefully they will port that over to the PS4.

It had it's flaws, but in my opinion this was one of the Best Survivor Horror experiences I've played. It oozed with atmosphere and had a ton of tension. Hopefully the tension is not lost on the port without the gamepad.

I'm glad more gamers will get to experience this game and hope it does well enough that we eventually see a proper sequel (on any console). Anyone know what the LTD numbers were on Wii U?

Well this is your opinion, I think the as the game did not stop for you to reorganize your stuff and you needed to look down to loot corpses, the game got very tense for me. Same thing for scaning stuff in one screen and having the other one eith the char. It felt like the game would not give you time to breathe. This is my opinion and this dual screen dynamic is something that adds to the feeling and is, as a fact, something that will be lost in translation.

I rarely ever put myself in that kind of situation though

You can clear an entire area and then loot to your hearts content

and I played lots of stealth so the tension was always on screen. Honestly the game is more amazing on its own

It doesn't need to gamepad features to be an incredible experience

Ridley327

And wouldn't a second screen on a tablet make it near identical anyway?

Not really, no. Since the GamePad acts as an inventory select, you essentially gets six hotkeys that you can press at anytime, which would be a pain in the ass to do with a second screen setup on a phone. The PS4 version could potentially do a 1:1 conversion if it supports Vita second screen functionality, but I doubt we'll see that.

Malcolm9

I wonder how much they will charge for this, I'm still debating whether to pick up the Wii U version as it's pretty cheap now. If this isn't much more then I'll probably pick it up on the PS4 instead.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Watch it get a higher Metacritic, even without the (actually pretty good) GamePad integration.

Unless it's utterly broken at launch.

If anyone is on the fence because of the pad talk don't worry. It's going to be just as amazing with any controller.

It was the game that was amazing not the gimmicky pad stuff.

Haunted

no its notm,diying light stomps this mediocrity
Dying Light is a pure action game for 90% of its duration.

Remember the few, tense moment of Dying Light - your first night, the first night mission, the first time you encountered a Volatile - that's the kind of tension that ZombiU has throughout.

Dying Light is the better open world game, the better sandbox game, the better action game. It's not a better horror game, it's not a better survival horror game.

It pretty much proves the Wii U isn't far behind the other consoles visually, hopefully this seals the deal in that debate. Wii U's quite capable!

I wouldn't say that. This game doesn't seem to be using PBR (Physically Based REndering. The Chromatic Aberration also hides the the games visual flaws. Also, the WiiU version had a lens dirt filter. The lighting was decent at the time of release though.

If anyone is on the fence because of the pad talk don't worry. It's going to be just as amazing with any controller.

It was the game that was amazing not the gimmicky pad stuff.

Been trying to sell people on the truth but some people really loved the gamepad stuff

It wasn;t that integral, Scanning was damn cool but only used rarely and could just be changed to an onsceen effect.

There really isnt anything that the gamepad was essential for. The whole going through your inventory while in the path of danger tension is a lod of crock

You quickly begin planning ahead and preparing for encounters to avoid that shit. Plus you had hotkeys etc...

ElRenoRaven

So buying this even though I have the game on WII U. Anything to support this amazing game and give it a chance at a sequel.

rapid32.5

Well then just say it looks like shit like the sensible people have been doing, not bringing up a near-totally different game that didn't come out on Wii U.

I brought up Outlast not just for the graphics, both are digital titles, FPS games, horror games. Since there is no announced price yet I assume it's a budget title by today's standards. It is not a remaster by any means, we would have noticed.

Boney

Banned
Not really, no. Since the GamePad acts as an inventory select, you essentially gets six hotkeys that you can press at anytime, which would be a pain in the ass to do with a second screen setup on a phone. The PS4 version could potentially do a 1:1 conversion if it supports Vita second screen functionality, but I doubt we'll see that.
D:pad?

I love the game, but it doesn't need to be a 1:1 conversion to still be a great game. The strength of the game comes from the encounters, resource management and overall ambient. The game will be just as good without the second screen backpack (it can still be real time), sonar and scanning.

I hope the game sells well, as sad as it is to say, it was an audience mismatch coupled with the completely tepid Wii u reception. I hope it does well and encourages other publishers to do more hard games that aren't souls clones.

GavinUK86

I brought up Outlast not just for the graphics, both are digital titles, FPS games, horror games. Since there is no announced price yet I assume it's a budget title by today's standards. It is not a remaster by any means, we would have noticed.

It depends on your definition of remaster.

Naw

The game is getting a resolution bump and it does look better. Its not a remake though so the models and environments arent getting the bumps that I would like

Still this is a must have, must play game for any survival horror fan

Top Bottom