• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So which city now claims the mantle as worst sport's town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The contenders

Philly

200w.gif

Minneapolis

Houston

Atlanta

Other Options

Buffalo

San Diego

Krejlooc

Banned
Oklahoma City, because it's full of fucking sooners

Houston is absolutely terrible, too. The Texans are basically the Aggys of the NFL.

Amory

San Diego apparently has now gone the most seasons without a title, between the Chargers and Padres

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Buffalo and Western NY in general is sad and defeated when it comes to sports and basically anything else.

Houston. All our sports teams perpetually are mediocre outside of occasional flashes of success that never amounts to anything. It's torture

Especially when they stick their chest out after a small taste of victory, and extrapolate it to unrealistic degrees.
Gotta make the most out of any tiny success you can when your city sucks at everything

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
It's crushing that Atlanta's teams are always choking in the postseason, but at least we have a fair frequency of postseason appearances to show. Beats having teams that put on Ls for their city season in, season out.

I dunno what the fuck at the Braves this year, though.

Matticers

Philly pretty easily. Sure, the Phillies won a few years ago but that success didn't last long for them. The Eagles are a joke. And nothing needs to be said about the Sixers.

I'd probably put Minnesota after that. It's just kind of sad how inept their teams have been and they haven't won anything. Just the Twins in... what? The 80's and very early 90's?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Gotta be Atlanta. haven't won a championship since we made a deal with the devil to get the 96 olympics

Sephzilla

This is the one title Detroit is in contention for. They'd be dreadful if the Red Wings weren't there.

Otherwise its probably Minnesota/Minneapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom