• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer reiterates all Scorpio games "will be playable on Xbox One "

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
In case there was any doubt, Xbox Scorpio is an Xbox One:

http://www.gamepur.com/news/26034-p...-demonstrable-difference-games-currently.html

[quote="]So I do think it's a little different than a traditional console launch, where you have to launch, say, five games on day one. I told the team I don’t want to do that because it's a part of the family of the same systems, every game on it will be playable on Xbox One, Xbox One S, Scorpio, and frankly on Windows 10 as well. So it's a little bit different, but I know content has to be the thing that we use to demonstrate the capability of the box."[/quote]

IMO Xbox One Scorpio is Microsoft's version of the PS4 Pro and there is nothing wrong with that.

They are the same style of iterative consoles, marketed differently.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
"As of now"

AU28Fmv.gif

Jeels

Sometimes it feels like their messaging is all over the place because they want to have it both ways. I swear I read a thread title a few weeks back that said there would be Scorpio launch games, and my thought was that it'd essentially be its own console...

Servbot24

Banned
I don't believe him. I bet there will be Scorpio exclusive games at some point in the future, even if it's not for a couple years.

Chris1

every game on it will be playable on Xbox One, Xbox One S, Scorpio, and frankly on Windows 10 as well.

Wait, hold up
Xbox Scorpio IS Windows 10 imo.
Whenever they talk about Win10 it's always PC though. See E3 "xbox and windows 10 exclusive" etc.

AEdouard

The bigger news is that every Scorpio game will be on Windows 10.

Hoping Xbox gets better exclusives, because at the moment if I had the choice between getting every ps4 games on my PC too vs Xbox games, PS4 would win without breaking a sweat.

Would be pretty sweet if '"console exclusives" would be forced to work on Windows 10 too if they want to be on Scorpio though. Final Fantasy? RDR? That can't be right. Hoping though!

Is this finally going to be the 60 fps console?

Nope.

The "standard 60fps console" will never exist. There will always be developers who push for visuals over framerate and there will never be a first party who mandates a required framerate (outside of something like VR).

Somnia

Sometimes it feels like their messaging is all over the place because they want to have it both ways. I swear I read a thread title a few weeks back that said there would be Scorpio launch games, and my thought was that it'd essentially be its own console...

Yes the Scorpio will have launch games, aka games that launch on the same day as Scorpio to show off the system. They have said from day 1 that all games will work on XB1, XB1S and Scorpio (and Win 10 with play anywhere) so I don't get the confusion honestly.

No it really isn't. Launch games doesn't mean launch exclusives. It simply means it will launch with several games optimized for it.

Also interesting that I don't recall him ever discussing the reverse situation or saying all X1 games will run on Scorpio.

Does it mean anything? Maybe it truly is a living room PC and will only play ports and certain emulated titles.

heringer

Nope.

The "standard 60fps console" will never exist.

Obviously not as a "standard", but maybe a lot of games will offer the option like they do for PS4Pro, except now they could actually be able to achieve it. There's only so much you can add when the game was originally developed for a far weaker system.

Ironically, the Scorpio launch games thread was based off of the same interview that game purely is now reporting on. It's just the same source, with people interpreting it different ways.

So, as expected? They have a platform thing going on where the Xbox consoles are just a way of acessing said platform, and Xbox One is still a capable console, so it won't be cut out as of yet. Maybe in four years or so.

LordofPwn

No new generation.
all games coming to PC.
I don't see why they don't just make Scorpio a living room PC that can run steam games and then at the same time, why not just make software and port it to other platforms?

Really want them to just officially show this thing off in May so we can get a better picture of their strategy because right now it's hard to make sense out of it.

JaffeLion

Banned
Hoping Xbox gets better exclusives, because at the moment if I had the choice between getting every ps4 games on my PC too vs Xbox games, PS4 would win without breaking a sweat.

You belong to a minority. There are not many people owning a current gen Console AND a beefy PC to play all the latest games. Also, with Play Anywhere you can play your games on Xbox and even on PC for free, so what's the issue here? Why do we need exclusives (meaning only on XBOX and NOT PC)? There are not many people owning beefy PC AND currentgen console, so it wouldn't make sense. That's why microsoft is not doing it.

Interfectum

No new generation.
all games coming to PC.
I don't see why they don't just make Scorpio a living room PC that can run steam games and then at the same time, why not just make software and port it to other platforms?

Really want them to just officially show this thing off in May so we can get a better picture of their strategy because right now it's hard to make sense out of it.

What's confusing? It's their PS4 Pro only stronger.

AEdouard

You belong to a minority. There are not many people owning a current gen Console AND a beefy PC to play all the latest games. Also, with Play Anywhere you can play your games on Xbox and even on PC for free, so what's the issue here? Why do we need exclusives (meaning only on XBOX and NOT PC)? There are not many people owning beefy PC AND currentgen console, so it wouldn't make sense. That's why microsoft is not doing it.

Oh sure, I get that this makes sense. I just would love to have ps4 exclusives on my gaming PC. (In no world is that possible though).

Ploid 3.0

They are called Scorpio games, that's a good sign. Maybe they will be down ported (scorpio first, then get it working on Xbox One base), letting the Scorpio base have freedom, which translate to awesome PC versions I hope.

Top Bottom