• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: New 3DS / 3DS XL to hit North America and Europe in 2015

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
UPDATE: Nintendo has told Eurogamer that the new 3DS and 3DS XL designs will not reach Europe until 2015.

"Different territories make their own business decisions regarding individual products and timing," a Nintendo spokesperson told us. "We plan to launch these products in Europe in 2015."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...new-3ds-and-3ds-xl-designs-with-extra-buttons

UPDATE: Not in US until 2015 either

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/29/nintendo-unveils-new-3ds-3ds-xl

A Nintendo press release notes: "As for the overseas markets, our local subsidiaries will separately confirm. However, there will be no U.S. and European launches this calendar year."

Alpha_eX

Bad choice, would have been nice to have it for Smash 3DS or at least while it's still being played. Needs to be early next year for me.

Chaos17

UPDATE: Nintendo has told Eurogamer that the new 3DS and 3DS XL designs will not reach Europe until 2015.
You can't do this to me Nintendo!
Please deliver it for christmas at least... or someone freeze me.

Skele7on

Banned
large.gif

Well this has really put my smash purchase in the balance.

I wanted the new smash version of the console, but waiting for 2015.

Nintendo please.

Why would anyone looking to buy a 3DS not wait for this clearly superior version? Seems like a foolish decision to wait until next year to release it in Europe and presumably NA.

maxcriden

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/29/nintendo-unveils-new-3ds-3ds-xl

A Nintendo press release notes: "As for the overseas markets, our local subsidiaries will separately confirm. However, there will be no U.S. and European launches this calendar year."

My guess is March 2015.

This is strange because of the Amiibo.

I don't think any games will have Amiibo support on 3DS until next year. Pretty sure Smash 3DS doesn't have it right out of the box.

Griss

Feels like they killed their own Christmas in the US and EU.

Mom to store clerk: 'So, if this thing gonna last? They ain't gonna release a new one soon as I buy this, right?'
Store clerk: 'Actually ma'am there's a new one announced for Feb/March.'

Good luck with that.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Their going to miss the holiday season even though it's already announced? That's terrible news.

Wonder if they will let Black Friday pass them by in America.
Maybe they will sell these 2DS, 3DS and 3DS XL systems that will be phased out once these new ones hit the shores...

Why would anyone looking to buy a 3DS not wait for this clearly superior version? Seems like a foolish decision to wait until next year to release it in Europe and presumably NA.
There was a post from a retail worker somewhere describing how when it comes to Christmas people will pick up anything. As in DS Lite sold out, I'll take the DS Phat then and why do I need DSi, DS Lite plays Layton/BrainTraining/Pokemon/Mairo /Animal Crossing, yes?

Also ridiculuos amounts of DSi systems sold that never connected to the DSi Shop and never played any enhanced or exclusive software. Heck a friend of mine bought a 3DS at stupid price to play Pokemon Black (he gave up before the second Gym, as in 1 step away from fighting N). The 3DS is left unused because Pokemon X isn't £20...*sigh* It is an Ambassador system too :(

Son Of D

Feels like they killed their own Christmas in the US and EU.

Mom to store clerk: 'So, if this thing gonna last? They ain't gonna release a new one soon as I buy this, right?'
Store clerk: 'Actually ma'am there's a new one announced for Feb/March.'

Good luck with that.

The way I see it if a kid wants a 3DS for Christmas the parents will get him/her one regardless. And I doubt the clerk will put them off the sale if the kid just wants it for Pokémon or Mario.

CronoShot

105893-Godzilla-fuck-this-bridge-gif-A9u5.gif

It better be January, along with Xenoblade, or you're dead to me Ninty.

And they've pretty much destroyed holiday 3DS sales outside of Japan with this. Smooth.

Tanoooki

Since the New 3DS is going to have exclusives does that mean this is the replacement for the 3DS or is this just a hardware revision?

I'm torn between the regular size one and the XL... on one hand the giant screen on the N3DS XL is a huge benefit but the SNES style buttons and interchangeable face plates on the standard N3DS are cool.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
That's okay.

Monster Hunter 4 and Code Name S.T.E.A.M. will be out then.

redhood56

Banned
I have a launch 3ds, but I was really tempting an upgrade to an Xl. So I will probably pick this up when it launches here.

Top Bottom